On 6/30/2017 at 9:26 PM, zeealex said:

Thinking of having a hair day tomorrow... will let you know if anything productive appears. 

In the meantime, say hi to... uuuh, I haven't found a name for her yet. pitch ideas by all means!

Created from a new base mesh I bought from Gumroad, she'll obviously have hair at some point...

That head mesh looks very good, you know it's good when she looks cute *without* hair :)

Thought I'd just pitch this out there in case there might be something there of use between textures/meshes as a visual reference -

Erica and Abby Faces

I put the video together after being inspired by both your very good work and the female body project being worked on by HorribleGoat - and I have to admit I forgot along the way that creating faces in Arma 3 is ten times more work than doing it through a game like Oblivion that comes with its own face editor - so maybe the video isn't worth all that much after all lol - but I thought I may as well link to it anyhow rather than just junk it in the event it may have some use. Both Erica and Abby were certainly characters of some 'strength' to them as females in their respective films, and are quite cute as well imo.

On 7/1/2017 at 2:26 AM, zeealex said:

Thinking of having a hair day tomorrow... will let you know if anything productive appears. 

In the meantime, say hi to... uuuh, I haven't found a name for her yet. pitch ideas by all means!

Created from a new base mesh I bought from Gumroad, she'll obviously have hair at some point...

Fantastic work,   I an shooting in the dark here but maybe you should exaggerate a few female features.   You have done exceptional work and this could go into any museum, but in the game, maybe a little like cartoons, you have to accent the positive. LOL    As a graphic artist I would humbly suggest a not-so-narrow face, higher cheeks, more lashes and smoother chin.  PS I am a graphic artist. 

hey nigheve!

bear in mind she's still a heavy WIP and generally the heads generally look much better in game than in the renders. Our friend up there is a proportionally correct base in which other variations will be derived from... TL;DR she's supposed to look a little on the boring side right now anyway.

don't worry she'll start fleshing out soon

• Like 4

On 01/07/2017 at 2:26 AM, zeealex said:

....she'll obviously have hair at some point...

Why?.....girls with buzz cuts look badass....:eyeheart:

On 8/8/2017 at 6:17 AM, Evil Organ said:

Why?.....girls with buzz cuts look badass....:eyeheart:

they do, i guess, but she still needs hair :P

okay so progress, she's In 

One thing done differently to Arma 3 vanilla with this head is that it uses its own dedicated subsurface scattering map for the skin shader, rather than simply using the _co. This will now become the new standard workflow for all of my ladies and I will be writing up my own documentation on this at some point for anyone who wants to follow on or make their own custom head models.   

2IogmiU.jpg

cIvnbXD.jpg

• Like 15

because @HorribleGoat is doing such an epic job of the skeleton i'm going to prioritize some time to some civilian gear, i'll be doing jeans and T-shirt just to ensure everything is okay. i think it's more important now than ever seeing as Laws of War is focusing on a more civilian side of the game. 

his progress:

• Like 9

Together with @HorribleGoat your project becomes dlc material. One day the men of Altis and Tanoa will thank you for breaking the sausage curse.

@zeealex, do you have in plan more outfits in the future like journo/press or paramedic?

• Like 5

I can certainly make journalist and paramedic gear, it's within my capabilities right now i'm just testing the waters with HG to ensure my meshes work correctly with his skeleton etc etc :)

• Like 5

adjusted the SSS map and got some pictures that don't look as dopey

Lq3li3D.jpg

aF473Jy.jpg

Z8BekU4.jpg

gotta fix some alpha sorting issues on her eyelashes, hence the glasses. 

• Like 16

Dear BI,

I know laws of war has  caused an outcry of people wanting ladies in arma, but as a masochist bordering on the slightly insane. Please don't take this project away from me, contrary to my frustrated rantings I do actually enjoy doing this! 

Thank you

Zee

• Like 12

Maybe they just have you do it $$$ ?

Nice compromise really!

• Like 5

On 8/17/2017 at 5:17 PM, zeealex said:

Dear BI,

I know laws of war has  caused an outcry of people wanting ladies in arma, but as a masochist bordering on the slightly insane. Please don't take this project away from me, contrary to my frustrated rantings I do actually enjoy doing this! 

Thank you

Zee

You're the only hope anyway to have women in these womenless wastelands.

"Footage from Tanoa"-AAN News

82ee6c1e315bba78f9bc8acedb197396.jpg

• Like 9

Is there any possibility we can get a template to allow for easy re-texturing of the female uniform?

• Like 1

On 8/13/2017 at 5:57 AM, zeealex said:

adjusted the SSS map and got some pictures that don't look as dopey
gotta fix some alpha sorting issues on her eyelashes, hence the glasses. 

Awesome. Way Kewel. 

• Like 3

Great job Zee, I'm excited to see you are working on female civilian gear. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

• Like 4

GPU has begun to die, new one on the way, back shortly ;)

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 9

On 9/19/2017 at 0:24 AM, zeealex said:

New lady coming soon, with new hair :)

Great news Zee-we need them now more than ever!

Can't work out if BI is teasing an upcoming women release with Laws of War or just making fun of us. There are a lot of references to women, and the AAN article in the tutorial showcase is even written by a female journalist who is pictured in game..

• Like 1

sure fucking hope not, it'll be shitting on 4 years of work. 

• Like 3

There were no women in Laws of War, not unless they plan to retro add them later. I looked at all the civs in that DLC, all dudes.

• Like 1