21 hours ago, gfresco said:

Holy moly. Been away from ARMA 3/online for a while and the progress you've made is stunning, Zee. I'm glad to see the option to incorporate female characters is being expanded! The heads are flawless so it seems the final hurdle, no help from B.I on this one, is getting working female bodies/skeletons? It'd be nice to be at the point where it'd be easy to add female characters to factions added with add-ons but I suppose we're still a ways away from that. Still, the progress thats been made is stunning I still have the very first release installed on one of my laptops & its quite the comparison to the latest SS's posted here.

oh wow, you'll have to send me some screenshots of that first vers! i'd be interested to see a direct comparison! I've still got the original files but they won't pack :(

It would be lovely to get proper female skeletons ingame, AFAIK HorribleGoat is still working on his one which adds in that skeleton. so maybe it's not far off :D 

Thanks man! :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vietnamwarlhg said:

Hello, Zee

I need some help with a project I'm working on which deals with the Vietnam war Unsung mod, I am trying to find someone to make a class of females, children and older people for the civilian, populist. The Arrma 3 Unsung Vietnam war mod has no women in the mod, just men. if you can help please let me know.

Vietnamwarhg@sbcglobal.net

Mauice

I admit I'm playing Unsung pretty much exclusively these days & some female Viet Minh/Viet Cong is one of my long term hope for this project, hehe.

1 hour ago, zeealex said:

It would be lovely to get proper female skeletons ingame, AFAIK HorribleGoat is still working on his one which adds in that skeleton. so maybe it's not far off :D 

There is also the Max Joiner addon which seems to be coming along well also. http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=35121

Funny-we had no female characters for years, now suddenly there is 3 mods being worked on at once :)

• Like 1

FEMAL3 was released about a year after arma 3 came out :D ice man beat me to the first ever custom models by about 6 months i think. 

1 minute ago, zeealex said:

FEMAL3 was released about a year after arma 3 came out :D ice man beat me to the first ever custom models by about 6 months i think. 

Apologies Zee-of course you are right. I suppose what I meant was all three of the mods seem to be reaching a fantastic level of quality at around the same time :)

yeah I follow you, there was one in the works for years now there's about 4 all at once :D

• Like 1

it's so great though, I wanna get together and all compare notes :D

Yeah-I imagine youo all could learn a lot from each others methods. Not a bad idea-maybe a skype or discord group for modders making female characters :)

1 hour ago, zeealex said:

oh wow, you'll have to send me some screenshots of that first vers! i'd be interested to see a direct comparison! I've still got the original files but they won't pack :(

Thanks man! :D

Yes still at it. Painfully close having it in release shape too.. :9

• Like 3

Diaz here will be repurposed as uniform variation 2

screenshot830_by_zeealex-das0rl5.png

Glasses, cap and Peltors will be available as glasses/headgear selections respectively and the Eagle TAC V10 will be available as a vest within the mod collab with my homie

(camo pattern is a placeholder)

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, zeealex said:

Diaz here will be repurposed as uniform variation 2

screenshot830_by_zeealex-das0rl5.png

Christ on a biscuit that's a good looking model, Amazing work as always Zee. Looking forward to seeing it in action!

• Like 3

*pictures jesus riding a biscuit* 
*bursts out laughing*

Thank you for your kind words! :D

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TacticalDropBear said:

Hey no problem! Thank you for sharing such high quality content for free. =)

Couldn't agree more! Thank you Zee.

• Like 1

Aww, thanks guys! you rock!

of course, we all know shit looks better with Shemaghs. 

diaz_showcase_by_zeealex-das5z58.jpg

I think once I get that uniform in and get hair selections on everyone i'll release AT LAST

• Like 12

Hi Zee, 
Just wondering if you old work on adding Scifi elements had stalled or if you were going to revisit any of it? I'm loving what you're producing now - don't get me wrong, and I know you have many other projects, just curious :thumbs-up:

I redid it some time ago. I might come back to actually finishing it at some point :)

Same with the MP7, hoping to push for an update next week. which will include the all new ladehs and the first uniform, maybe the rolled sleeve as well if I can figure out some weighting woes. 

• Like 2

also, just very quickly as it's appeared on my news feed, in the Armachinima Awards one of the requirements states.

If you use community-created content in your video, we kindly ask you to request permission from the mod's author.

So for those who wish to use my work in the Armachinima Awards, you have my advance permission to use any and all of my work, no message is necessary. I would be honored that you would even consider using my addons in the first place. 

happy video-ing! 

• Like 3

yep, yep, yeppity yep! I believe those guys are ready to go! :D

working on new hair textures, a little bit finer and more hair-like! standby for ultra fail renders shortly :P

just as a pre-warning, the hair is ultra highpoly, so i'll have it disable at LOD2 and above to save on system resources. 

I'll also be making some adjustments to the eyes as well :D

• Like 2

New hair, lashes and some minor refinement on the eyes, the lashes now use Geometry and instead of the specularity of the eyes being dictated by the SMDI, the eyes now have overlaying geometry which is both transparent and glossy, meaning that the specularity will now affect the entire eye, not just the top part. 

screenshot884_by_zeealex-davfwd5.png

screenshot890_by_zeealex-davfz0p.png

The new hair workflow can work with beards, i'll be experimenting with it sometime in the week.

• Like 9