As promised I've been looking at improving the african american face.

V2

20160803233228_1_by_zeealex-dacmcr2.jpg

V3 (Heavy WIP)

20160803233043_1_by_zeealex-dacmcrv.jpg

at least she looks less like a cartoon now. had to put her in a beanie though, the ambient colour isn't playing nice. she might need a few extra polies on the nose, the modifications are taking their toll at this point

I was referring to this one. V2 looks more feminine to me. V2 Arnott above looks great. Tough and beautiful.

Ooh okay I got confused cause you said females XD

Yeah, over time she'll become more feminine it doesn't help her texture is still WIP

okay, if i can get this highpoly to behave itself the ladies might have a new hairdo which may or may not include a bun, i'm not sure yet, no promises as always. it all depends on whether smith's new highpoly mesh will import to max and bake

the old hair looks way too outdated for the new textures. wanna try and spruce em up a bit

• Like 4

so I've been somewhat reluctant to post anything of this as it's heavy WIP and i'm coming to terms with needing to re-UV the ENTIRE set of ladies to make this work well. also looking into poly modelling again.

but anyway, It's mainly just replacing the old hair with something more... fresh... I guess? it's still tied back but this style is more versatile, should i decide to make some poly modelled hair and less strange i guess, you can still see hair under caps and the like with this style, as there are flyoffs, etc.   

I do aim to add a bun as said, it will be a sort of boxy thing, zbrushed with a hair texture etc etc, so they're not completely without a hair style, maybe i can even get a scripter on board to have the bun "disappear" under certain headgear

old:
screenshot307_by_zeealex-dad4k3c.png

New WIP:

screenshot308_by_zeealex-dad4k3m.png

• Like 7

hey look! I poly modelled hair that doesn't suck for once! 
screenshot319_by_zeealex-dadivrv.png
screenshot319_by_zeealex-dadiwcu.png

only issue is it will have to be a headgear selection caaaause, it clips with just about everything. 
there's a wee bun at the back but marmo's not behaving so you can't see it too well, will get piccies when it's in Arma properly, need a few more texture tweaks first though. 
:D

• Like 10

Excellent work, Zee !!!

Looks like the new hairdresser on Altis is quite decent. The ladies will be happy :P

• Like 1

That looks great! I've been pulling my hair (pun) in the past trying to do 3d hair, so I appreciate the effort ^^

One would think such short hair wouldn't collide that bad, but I suppose headgear is very close to the mesh

Looks really great!

Could the hair have hiddenselection applied to it and combined with a script that hides the hair mesh when there is an item in the head gear slot?

• Like 1

thanks all! @deathdaisy, i've been using max for 4 years and every damn time hair trips me up! it's an absolute BITCH to get right, but I think i can roll with this technique now i've seen the results. 

I think that is possible Horriblegoat, I can certainly look into it. In the meantime if any scripters are about and would like to do that, please feel free, i'd be most grateful!

• Like 1

okay question time:
which white face should I rework next?
Oakes
Mason
or Tyler?

I feel like Oakes could use some love, she looks very similar to Mason, especially if you put some goggles on.

I'm feeling Oakes or Mason too, I think. Tyler is my fav, but Oakes and Mason does look quite similar and deserve some love ^^

see, Mason's bugged me from the start and she was a derivation from oakes. not sure what it is about mason, but the face just looks wrong :/

here's an image list of the faces i'm asking about

oakes:
20160611231944_1_by_zeealex-da74gom.jpg

Mason:
20160611233035_1_by_zeealex-da74gs6.jpg

Tyler

20160620215104_1_by_zeealex-da73zgx.jpg

• Like 4

it's something about her actual facial structure, but i do agree her cheeks are off colour. that'll be changed with the texture workflow anyway

Is there anyway you could give me a paa to retexture Oakes v2's face?

I think it still has the very old female bodies but no new ones

Except for the hands and heads, do they really need a full female body? I mean, they wear thick vests and stuff anyway. Besides, a new body probably also means... new vests and stuff? As far as my expertise goes, female radio voices would be way more important than the body.

• Like 2

I vote for Tyler, as she's my favourite (it would be perfect to have her with blue eyes, to characterize her even more). But I agree Mason need more love.

@lexx I agree. Fun fact ? I discovered some CUP uniforms work decent for female bodies as they are less bulky than Arma 3 uniforms. They are not perfect and still need a thick vest to cover the "differences", but the result is not that bad...

The female uniforms anyway are somehow "broken" for me: the rolled sleeves versions and the FIA uniform are just a male body in underpants. Anyone knows why ?

One last thing: not sure if anyone reported it yet, but the female faces are also in the RHS Russian pack, with a female voice. But I suppose they are not updated...is it something you left there by accident or it was intended ?