I was testing the single player mission I'm working on yesterday. The female character I was using to my surprise said in an american voice "what is your position"? At first I thought it was a friend watching my live broadcast. But when it happened again I asked her if she was talking in TS and messing with me. As it turns out it's the AI speaking to her squad. I didn't think you had added the female voices, but for sure mine are talking ( thank god not all at once ). So my question is did you do this? If not could it be the ASR AI3 mod? Or is it something in Eden? I did notice that when I placed two A-10 on the flight line with 65 for their skill level. When I start the mission, either single or MP they start up their planes taxi out and take off. They patrol around the air base without any problems. I didn't script, set triggers, nothing. I also noticed all the other AI acting very smart. I'll make a video with the female AI speaking and put it up on my uTube and post the link here. Thanks again for all the great work on this mod.

there is a problem at a distance the clothing model is a floating around that looks like a rigged player model like the headless horseman.

just a quick add before I shut the PC off, I forgot I uploaded it! XD

it's here for anyone to download and use at their free will, just add it into the Identizee folder

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4zkkzua3c98of68/Mask_moustache.rar

Hi Zee, I did some testing to see how all the gear looks via Dslyecxi's Paper Doll Gear Menu and 

Simple Single Player Cheat Menu

and noticed the gears sorts into different categories if its loaded under virtual arsenal or virtual ammobox.

In Virtual Arsenal - Single player cheat:

Under Glasses / Goggles

Black

Black with Teeth

Tan

Tan with Teeth 

Under Nightvision:

Tan with Mustache

Tan

Tan Team Leader

In Virtual Ammobox System- Paper Doll Menu, the masks are usually under goggles but mustache and team leader masks are under ITEMS, headgear (NV, etc...)

I personally love and use Virtual Arsenal for SP (create a ton of loadouts) but there are a lot missions or servers running Virtual Ammobox as well.

It would be good to configure it to be all under NVG for the Masks or Goggles/Glasses.

Also, will you update and add back your EXCAMO into the next pack update? I didn't find the EXCAMO uniforms in it so loaded it up with this mod.

If you need any more testing, please let us know. :D

Well Zee, I didn't know that you had given your models to Bohemia...  ;)

CkQ_mYtWEAAqQiM.jpg:large

• Like 1

IF there wasn't a reason to buy Apex, now there is if Zee has contributed to it!

uhm, sorry to burst your bubble guys, but i've not contributed anything... knowingly anyway XD that mask does look like something i made a while ago though :) I do recommend you buy APEX regardless, I've tested tanoa on devbuild and my lord it's fantastic! it's worth the £20 for the map alone!

but on the subject of APEX there will be a small visual update being worked on over the next few weeks, working on updating the visuals of the female heads to suit the new lighting, presently the textures are too contrasty and make for some real creepy encounters with very ill looking ladies. will be reworking the normal maps as well, hopefully utilizing a full high-low workflow. 

I did want to add a whole new character in as well, i'm not sure if i showed her:
screenshot092_by_zeealex-da21vbp.png

However I'm not happy with how she performs on the A3 rig, will have to wait until there's a skeleton more suitable for her so I can derive from that. 
she also needs a MAJOR visual overhaul. 

• Like 9

there is a problem at a distance the clothing model is a floating around that looks like a rigged player model like the headless horseman.

I'll have a look at this, thanks

Sorry i've not been maintaining the thread by the way guys, very busy ladeh at present :P

• Like 1

uhm, sorry to burst your bubble guys, but i've not contributed anything... knowingly anyway XD that mask does look like something i made a while ago though :) I do recommend you buy APEX regardless, I've tested tanoa on devbuild and my lord it's fantastic! it's worth the £20 for the map alone!

but on the subject of APEX there will be a small visual update being worked on over the next few weeks, working on updating the visuals of the female heads to suit the new lighting, presently the textures are too contrasty and make for some real creepy encounters with very ill looking ladies. will be reworking the normal maps as well, hopefully utilizing a full high-low workflow. 

I did want to add a whole new character in as well, i'm not sure if i showed her:

screenshot092_by_zeealex-da21vbp.png

However I'm not happy with how she performs on the A3 rig, will have to wait until there's a skeleton more suitable for her so I can derive from that. 

she also needs a MAJOR visual overhaul. 

Those female sideburns are turning me on right now... you're one talented chick zeealex

hehe, thanks ;) it's actually just short hair alpha polies protuding out from the cap, as I said, a lot of work needs to be done before she's even ready to see the light of altis :P

• Like 1

Have to agree TANOA was worth the 26 USD that I paid for it just for the map alone! Sorry to hear it was not your contribution but will definitely look forward to your next work.

Tanoa could really need a Lady's presence. Shame to visit such a beautiful map with only the Gents. :D

• Like 3

I'm only a year into Arma 3, and I think there are a wide range of opinions on this author, but Max Joiner revealed his WIP for female models in Arma 3,ported from A2. The animations look to be using A3, so they move like competent soldiers instead of sashaying females from A2. :)

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=35121

Would this be relevant / usable for your interests?

• Like 1

Hey Dakaodo, I believe those models have been adjusted for/are working on the current male skeleton, it's impressive nevertheless! thanks for bringing that up!

Okay so I've made some subtle tweaks, very very small differences mainly in respects to colouring, smoothing and response to lighting. 

before:
20160611220407_1_by_zeealex-da606ts.jpg

after 
20160611231944_1_by_zeealex-da606o9.jpg

20160611233035_1_by_zeealex-da607bl.jpg

20160609221546_1_by_zeealex-da5qsx6.jpg

It seems I caught them on the opposite sides of the day, but the lighting should still be very similar, sorry about that!

the hopefully one of the most notable differences is that they don't look as sick, their eyes aren't strangely dark, and the normal map has received a basic high-low poly bake, meaning the faces are now smoother, and the specular map and ambient map is a lot less harsh.

the textures also recieved a little more colour, the faces were lacking orange tones and as a result they felt kind of flat and pale, that's been lifted a little now, despite the idea of 'orange tones' perhaps sounding like a turnoff, don't worry, it's very subtle; all it really does is lift the texture a little and give it a natural glow:

mason_comparison_by_zeealex-da60a2f.jpg

I might need to add some blue to the .rvmat just to counteract the redness in sunrise/sunset. but all in all I think it's a small, but worthwhile improvement. 

I'll work on getting some better comparison shots from the same time of day and in the same gear. 

• Like 6

okay so i updated to RC and I now realize the significance of the picture above a little more... I gotta say I completely missed the NVG's on the top there! i thought we were talking about the facemask... this is what happens when you ask me questions when I'm ill :P

Identizee Jan 2016:
mask-moustache-version-10-1_4.jpg

APEX July 2016:
20160614165537_1_by_zeealex-da6c34c.jpg

I completely didn't realise this! while I definitely didn't do the masks for BIS, it's got me wondering if identizee and Ajessup's concepts had anything to do with this design decision, given their track record for taking inspiration from user some mods for later patch and DLC releases 

if they did, that's hella cool! :D but alas, no full masks, no moustaches... you suck BIS :P

• Like 5

there's a new kid on the block, but watch this space, over the coming weeks, FEMAL3 may be getting a MAJOR shake up with the help of a couple of friends!

in the meantime... meet Arnott...
20160614231833_1_by_zeealex-da6e4ei.jpg

• Like 11

Updated mod v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey zeealex , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

damn, sneaky! 

SIX versions need bisigns though, wait one!

I'll call it within 24 hours, all it is presently is the minor visual update and Arnott, ;)

• Like 1

I'll call it within 24 hours, all it is presently is the minor visual update and Arnott, ;)

An appropriate and awesome looking female model!? In Arma 3!?

• Like 1

For some reason, I can't select female faces in the Eden editor. On female soldiers, the "face" option only has "enabled" and "disabled" entries. On the rest, it only has male faces. 

Using RHS (full suite) and the latest IdentiZee. I'm on devbranch (I'll test it on main if you really want, but swapping them usually necessitates multi-GB downloads, so I'd prefer to stay on dev).

Well I'll be damned, what a pleasant surprise!

• Like 1

For some reason, I can't select female faces in the Eden editor. On female soldiers, the "face" option only has "enabled" and "disabled" entries. On the rest, it only has male faces. 

Using RHS (full suite) and the latest IdentiZee. I'm on devbranch (I'll test it on main if you really want, but swapping them usually necessitates multi-GB downloads, so I'd prefer to stay on dev).

Yeah I know about this, don't worry, I think it's down to their identity types as I THINK the modified male heads I did work fine, I'll have to double check.

I'll experiment with the identity types and get back to you on that :)

For now the init line 'this setface 'mason_v2' or whatever still works ;)

An appropriate and awesome looking female model!? In Arma 3!?

Yyyuss :D thank you I appreciate that :)

Yyyuss :D thank you I appreciate that :)

This makes me happy. Not that the other people who were working on female models were bad. But to see it in combat stances and with uniforms on... Yea... I'll leave it at that.