Beautiful work! And I'm sure I'll be using it. But... if you could finally bring about a nice assortment of female civilians I'd have to buy you a couple of pints or something! :cheers:

This mod nearly make my girlfriend start playing ARMA3,lol.

Really need some girls in game,so I have to say this idea and this mod are great.

And here I have some thing wanna ask you,do you have any plan to make more uniforms for femal?I'm not asking you for new ones,just curious.

thanks guys!! :)

new uniforms are planned, they'll replace the current ones which are very basic. and a wide variety of civis will be injected by version 1. the civilian packs will be modular, so you arent loading more of the mod than you need.

Glad to see ya branching out Zee, have you thought of not only doing different heads hit different body types as well? Your experience bringing female bodies into a3 I bet would really help us get past the one size to rule them all heads/bodies that BIS implemented

@zeealex, as far as direction and priority I will suggest work on what's fun and has momentum. And that might mean all...male and female heads and bodies.

Your mod has the potential to become a standard requirement for mission makers.

Would be really cool to have a broader variety of face types an characters of both genders. Also looking forward to the new uniforms.

Do you also plan to create a female version of the CSAT suit?

Making new heads and body types looks like a neat idea. No matter what recruiters would like you to think, the military isn't composed only of guys built like pro athletes. :) I suppose a few fat POGs around the FOB would add to immersion somewhat.

damn straight! thanks guys! :D

@indeedpete, yeah, I hope to get a decent looking CSAT suit in at some point.

and I agree, not everyone is muscly! :D

if you wanna see how it's done pop into the RHS twitch stream today, where i'll be streaming a head import from 3dsmax to the game :D

http://www.twitch.tv/redhammerstudios

so the zbrush version of the top male head wouldn't remesh properly, how lovely, so i did it again in 3dsmax

meet not-Kerry(left) compared with the original model (right); not-Kerry is fully compatible with all A3 male head textures.

male_kerry_compare_by_zeealex-d8rjzuq.jpg

:)

• Like 1

Wild how much different that ended up in the end!

This will replace the default head shape?

yeah! XD

It won't replace it so to speak, but it will have the exact same identity types as the Arma 3 NATO men, so the head shapes will interchange

some ingame shots:

not_kerry_ingame_by_zeealex-d8rkkkg.png

107410_2015_04_30_00004_by_zeealex-d8rkkuv.png

107410_2015_04_30_00006_by_zeealex-d8rkkyp.png

Awesome! Also it's great seeing you get it in game so fast! Learned a lot from the female head mod huh?

Zeealex you have worked a miracle - managing to make an armaverse character look hot!

haha, thanks guys, us girls need some eye candy XD

@3P0X1 it surprised me how quickly I got not-kerry in game, it helped that the distortion maps were already done though

This is great, custom heads is something I always wanted to see in Arma 3. Keep up the good work ! :butbut::bounce3:

I hope you manage to make some heads with a different haircut, like the one Miller has. That would really be refreshing :)

Edited by il_padrino

yeah, I could retxture milller's hair and add the proxy on to a few, i'm not sure how headgear will take it though. I could also make more male hairstyles.

Something i was wondering since i found out, you´re part of RHS: Are you going to make your female soldiers compatible with, or even integrate them into RHS AFRF/USF?

only time will tell ;)

I have no words to describe how awesome your project(s) look(s). Looking forward to the next update.

Something i was wondering since i found out, you´re part of RHS: Are you going to make your female soldiers compatible with, or even integrate them into RHS AFRF/USF?

I'd like that very much. :) I know that Russian VDV allows women (and has done so for quite some time). US Army and USMC have recently started to do that as well.

it all depends in due time really, i can't confirm or deny it, directions change all of the time :)

Hey crash, thanks buddy :)

I think I've zapped one of the reasons why they always look so scary...

their eyes, they don't look real, and they look almost too big, Misty at RHS did point something similar out, but I don't think I fully understood what he was getting at at the time.

I changed the eyes over to the A3 default eyes, and altered the texture slightly.

[new on left, old on right]

oakes_eye_change_by_zeealex-d8szvot.jpg

I don't know about you, but I think it livens the face up if nothing else, and it looks a little less superficial.

The current state of FEMAL3's heads

Mason Final Version:

mason__final_version____ever_by_zeealex-d8t62xq.png

107410_2015_05_13_00005_by_zeealex-d8t62wo.png

normal maps are looking good, responding well to light:

107410_2015_05_13_00007_by_zeealex-d8t63c6.png

107410_2015_05_13_00001_by_zeealex-d8t63ju.png

bodies check up to come soon