New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

After a few testing, I have to say I noticed some improvements :) The faces look nice, expecially the Asian face which has been improved very nicely !! Honestly I haven't noticed much improvements on the other faces except some very welcomed details (perhaps I missed before the scar on the Oakes eyebrow ?) that made all the head more characterized^^ But as said I just took a general look, there can be more I haven't noticed yet. Thanks for the update !!

Speaking of uniforms: in my opinion the bodies should be still less thin and more athletic. I also noticed some doubles, especially the NATO uniforms (a non-collared version remained, with rolled sleeves if I remember well). There are also some uniforms added by your mod I think "by mistake": 2 MTP and 2 Woodland camos for men.

yeah, a lot of the improvements are technical rather than aesthetic, you won't really notice them at first glance, the biggest differences are that the necks don't float above the bodies any more, there's no lost verts, and the necks don't look weird when you turn them or crouch, oh and they all fit into caps now.

in terms of the new textures, yeah, the Asian one was WAY too yellow, it needed to be toned down but I kept forgetting. now it's done and she's got some remnants of camo make up, she looks a lot more natural now. In terms of the others, the detail changes are very miniscule, but they do make up quite a vast difference, the faces have dirt on them at least somewhere, with the black face showing up more of a dust colour on the cheeks than the others. Some of the faces have some scratches and bruises as well, for instance:

Tyler when she was imported, she looks very fresh, the heads quite a yellow-white colour, no real sign to say "hey I've just been on patrol in a dusty godforsaken AO":

107410_2014_09_11_00003_by_zeealex-d8dcpzx.png

Tyler in Beta 2 looks more tanned, a bit muckier, mainly around the cheek and nose, and she's got a small scraping scratch on her right cheek, as a result, she actually looks like she should be wearing that helmet and wielding an AR.

107410_2015_01_09_00012_by_zeealex-d8dcqmg.png

Just makes them look more like soldiers and less like dolls ;)

I'll have a look at where I can Improve the models, I doubt it will take much faffing. As for the duplicates, I'll look into that, I know there should be four NATO uniforms, one longsleeve, one longsleeve with a collar, a rolled sleeve and a shortsleeve. but I'll zap those duplicates.

The woodland ones should be there, they are the designated demo uniforms for the "named" group, but the MTP ones? I'll check that out.

Thanks Malcom!

Hi

Thanks again for the update. I have a few lod bugs to report, just checked again with the new version.

On the short sleeve model the headgear goes missing in a distant lod, one lod further the gun proxy is in a wrong position or selection and flies around next to the unit (see far left). On I think all four versions the shoe texture goes missing in one of the further lods and they are white.

A few more pictures of the last version, while escaping various islands:

arma3_2015_01_09_20_30run7.jpg arma3_2015_01_09_20_4b3uxk.jpg arma3_2015_01_09_21_016uq2.jpg arma3_2015_01_04_23_1wdswc.jpg

ah, thanks for the heads up there, It's probably me accidentally missing out proxies and forgetting to assign a texture... got a nice little technical checklist here for Beta 3 :)

nice shots there, Is that the rigged mason head, I swear I can see her doing her 'Conventration face' in the first one... but those bunny ears though!

hahaha! that's brilliant! XD I suppose I should fix the rig, but the faces that the head makes are HILARIOUS.

Oh wow this would be able to make my Rainbow Six missions complete with both Male and Female soldiers.

awesome! I love rainbow six! can't wait to see it! :D

Just to heads up you guys, I'm releasing a minor update hopefully tonight, which will remove the missing icon spam and fixing the LOD issues in the models

Fixed version

Just fixes some proxy issues and no textures/model issues on certain LODs

I took a closer look and LOD3 didn't have any proxies assigned... hence why it was behaving strangely XD

Mmhm, thats me, i'm trying to make it as acessible as possible to new players who arent familiar on how to use modfolders. That and I really wanted to see how the workshop works :P

Feel free to friend my steam profile :)

So this mod is going to be modular ? I see you released an only uniform version on Steam.

Just asking, as it means more work for you but, well, it would be great for the users and other modders out there :D (simpler mod to manage).

Thanks for the fix ;)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

So this mod is going to be modular ? I see you released an only uniform version on Steam.

Just asking, as it means more work for you but, well, it would be great for the users and other modders out there :D (simpler mod to manage).

Thanks for the fix ;)

No problemo! I could probably see about making the two independent modules, it would just need the Head_female identity type removed from the unit configs in the uniforms .pbo, if you're just using the uniform itself though, and not the unit, it will work without the heads module.

Accepted your friend request Sorophx! :D

And thanks Foxhound and Kecharles! :D

No problemo! I could probably see about making the two independent modules, it would just need the Head_female identity type removed from the unit configs in the uniforms .pbo, if you're just using the uniform itself though, and not the unit, it will work without the heads module.

It was just an idea, and by the way I seen there are yet 2 pbo in the addon folder (I forgot about that :P That was my idea of "modular mod"). Removing Head_female identity type from the uniform pbo could help who wish to create some uniforms for your heads (let us call him/her modderX), and users could choose to use only those uniform from modderX with your heads deleting the uniform pbo from your mod. Is it right ? But so we would still have your units in the editor ?

Honestly I'm thinking back my idea of before as I'm disliking it...I don't think someone would work on those uniforms with the same dedication and love of yours we all appreciate :) And your units in the editor are a must-have (for mission creations) !! Making the 2 independent modules cost more work for you now...which is yet enough if we count the ATLAS project :D !!

On the other hand more independent modules could help who wish to help you and give you less work...so I can't decide if it's a good advice or not :P

Post note: that modderX could be me if I wasn't so far from learning anything about modelling and texturing XP

The two pbos are to break it up and make it easier to modify and repack, modularization was something I had on my mind, for the exact reason you stated, it makes it easier to manage for anyone who wants to add and use the assets of FEMAL3. It could be easily done now that I know more about Arma3's own modules and classes, as Arma 3 has it's own female identity type which I can use instead of my own custom identity type, it would only take a minor config change in one update to the two modules then BAM! the pbo's are modular.

I'll modularize it for beta 3 :)

I don't think someone would work on those uniforms with the same dedication and love of yours we all appreciate

heheh thanks, that makes me feel all funny inside :)

Sol Exodus (formerly ATLAS) is an on the side project I do if FEMAL3 is annoying me for whatever reason.

Post note: that modderX could be me if I wasn't so far from learning anything about modelling and texturing XP

hey, we've all been there ;) if you need any help with, I could try and give you a hand, I'm still very familiar with my newbie mistakes and how to avoid them, I can definitely help out with configs and whatnot if you ever need help with that too :)

the entirety of what I know with both photoshop texturing and 3dsmax is purely from messing around for hours on end :P

Feel free to friend my steam profile :)

Is that an open invite?

Looking good so far, although the skintones weren't always matching the heads when I tested - that was probably due to arsenal abuse of course

of course! :D

yeah, I'll need to sort the skin tones, they'll probably be sorted when I get this .rvmat working again. I darkened them for the .rvmat's emissive to not look stupid with it, but i forgot to change it when the .rvmat dind't work! X(

modified the model to be a bit 'baggier' as such, you're looking at the models on the left for the new versions.

new_proportions_top_by_zeealex-d8e5jj9.jpg

new_legs_by_zeealex-d8e5k5h.jpg

While I was there I sussed out why the models always appear dark.. the ambient shadow map's too dark... whoops!

Thanks for the update, we played a bunch of missions over the weekend and noticed no more LOD bugs.

New screens are looking good, too :)