I had a tinker with this today, and got them working with a much more ladylike breathing sound when tired, the one from A2CO.

The injured sounds are still male though, arma 3 uses a lot more sounds for different types of injury and I got a bit tangled up in my config, I think I have a rough idea what to do though.

For the breath I put this in to the unit configs, and added the sounds from A2 into a folder called sounds in your mod folder.

class SoundBreath

{

breath0[] = {

{

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-run-breath-01.wss",0.0562,1,8 },0.2500 },

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-run-breath-02.wss",0.0562,1,8 },0.2500 },

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-run-breath-03.wss",0.0562,1,8 },0.2500 },

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-run-breath-04.wss",0.1259,1,8 },0.2500 } },

{

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-run2-breath-01.wss",0.0562,1,15 },0.2500 },

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-run2-breath-02.wss",0.0562,1,15 },0.2500 },

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-run2-breath-03.wss",0.0562,1,15 },0.2500 },

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-run2-breath-04.wss",0.1259,1,15 },0.2500 } },

{

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-sprint-breath-01.wss",0.1000,1,20 },0.2500 },

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-sprint-breath-02.wss",0.1000,1,20 },0.2500 },

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-sprint-breath-03.wss",0.1000,1,20 },0.2500 },

{

{ "FEMAL3_uniforms\sounds\hanz-sprint-breath-04.wss",0.1000,1,20 },0.2500 } }};

};

the other thing I did was put one of your uniforms as a naked uniform, it means they are still clothed if you take their uniforms, but at least they don't turn into men.

thank you very much for your continued developments on this, it's a very interesting read up, the only thing I can really say is that, would it not be easier to define a base class with all of the female 'voice' configs applied and then the FEMAL3 classes can derive from that base class, it could save a LOT of time.

Speaking of uniforms, I found that there's no "folded" model for them, when removed and placed on the ground, they look really weird, like they were on a mannequin. You could likely take the folded model from the male cammies, there should be no difference there.

noted, I got a bit confused/frustrated trying to get the initial model working, and i must've overwritten the folded LOD, I'll make the changes ;)

The textures should be a tad bright brighter in shading (They're almost a dark grey if the light isn't on them during dawn), compared to much brighter default BIS units.

It's really nice though! Good job

come to think of it the NATO ones are slightly too dark... CSAT and AAF not so much. but definitely NATO. I've modified the texture. ;)

Fucking amazing on the Beta. Maybe now I can convince the girlfriend that shooting taliban can be a couples activity too.

Seriously though amazing progress since the start.

Get her into it already! XD it's definitely a couple's activity.

Can anyone tell me where I can use this mod without the server telling me I will be banned for trying to use it?

the server probably doesn't have it enabled on their side but they have battlEYE enabled. if battleye isn't enabled then the mod is clientside(I think), and won't interfere with the server (they'll just see a default head if they don't have it)

I even tried Arma 3 missions and was a man even though I changed my character to one of the women.

as mentioned, any BIS default mission in the SP campaign or showcases section will normally default you to a certain head.

Hey! I have a suggestion regarding the helmet-friendly models. Would it be possible to create ponycut hairstyled female heads? It could be compatible with headgear.

In case it's not realistic then pardon me, I'm not really well-versed in hairstyles permitted by the military.

An example could be Hannah from Battlefield 4.

AFAIK, Hannah was CIA at the time of battlefield 4, if not she was definitely Chinese secret service, I would go as far as saying uniform regulations wouldn't apply or certainly wouldn't be as strict.

Military regulation in Britain is hair must be tied back either in a bun, or in a style that permits the wearing of a beret, but hair cannot fall below the collar or below the front of the beret. In combat situations, it's normally tied back into a bun that permits use of a helmet.

I think it's the same sort of rule with the US military, I've not seen any images of a US soldier, or marine with her hair tied back in anything but a bun, unless her hair is too short.

The Turkish military seem to be quite lenient on their women's hair styling. but I was mainly referencing female soldiers, marines pilots and Navy personnel of the US and the UK.

I do plan to add civilian hairstyles though at some point ;)

I´m think about creating a Charlie´s Angels mission with Zeealex NATO femal3 units

do it! XD

does this answer your ask?

in other news: new uniform variation is in the works:

longsleeve_kneepads_by_zeealex-d87a2pm.jpg

It's using moderately modified Arma 2 delta forces pants, I'm yet to do the proper texture, but I thought I'd share ;)

My quixel suite trial has run out, I'm in the process of gathering the money to purchase the nonprofit version.

Military regulation in Britain is hair must be tied back either in a bun, or in a style that permits the wearing of a beret, but hair cannot fall below the collar or below the front of the beret. In combat situations, it's normally tied back into a bun that permits use of a helmet.

I think it's the same sort of rule with the US military, I've not seen any images of a US soldier, or marine with her hair tied back in anything but a bun, unless her hair is too short.

Essentially, though the REMF types used to well... push the regulations (and don't tell them they're wrong!) but overall yes, they have to be the same (hairstyle in a bun not flopping everywhere). But even with the relaxation of the regs, such as corn rolls and the like, the rules still apply.

thank you very much for your continued developments on this, it's a very interesting read up, the only thing I can really say is that, would it not be easier to define a base class with all of the female 'voice' configs applied and then the FEMAL3 classes can derive from that base class, it could save a LOT of time.

Yeah, I know that, it was just a quick and dirty copy and paste job to see if it worked. The breath works perfectly, but some of the injury sounds aren't playing (or are too quiet) Falling off things gives an injured sound, but getting shot, or the groaning sounds when hurt don't seem to... I am fumbling in the dark a bit :confused:

I'm definitely not getting any male sounds any more though.

if your looking for another server the NZArmA server also has this mod enabled on the server, the game sucks with out chicks

spent a little while 'roughing up' a texture.

hopefully it looks okay, I'm going to replace the ridiculous eyelashes they currently have with less stupid versions as well, hence why the model has no eyelashes in this render.

the one on the left is the original texture(sans eyelashes) it's there for comparison. the one on the right should be self explanatory from there.

femal3_roughed_up_textures_by_zeealex-d87ve4b.jpg

Looking good, would help add some more immersion I guess the operative word to use I guess, looking good...

Italian army has the same rules, also if I have to say many girls (I know) choose simply to cut their hairs enough. More "practical" as they say.

spent a little while 'roughing up' a texture.

hopefully it looks okay, I'm going to replace the ridiculous eyelashes they currently have with less stupid versions as well, hence why the model has no eyelashes in this render.

the one on the left is the original texture(sans eyelashes) it's there for comparison. the one on the right should be self explanatory from there.

Very nice work, but aren't cheeks a little bit too dark ? It's an impressive improvement indeed !! I seen also the pic of the new AAF uniform: magnifico ;)

Thanks will never be enough for it :bounce3:

Looking good! Are you going to do any sound work on the ladies any time soon?

I have to say that this is amazing - thank you so much. Of all the games I play I do my best to create an equality friendly environment. This will be on my next public server as a requirement however, I think I'll have to setup restrictions by PUID to prevent weirdo's from using these, if possible. I'll make sure to give a server title here after I switch hosts. Well done!

Edit - Oh! As far as sound work - go to Ivona TTS for some temporary voices with variation!

Well done! Cant wait for a new version. :)

(...) Looks like females in this mod are not blinking. There is no face emotions as well, if I noticed correctly. There is a fully detailed Arma 3 bysta (head) .p3d file in Arma 3 tools>"Samples_F\TemplateRTM" avaible as reference for naming selections on female head, in a case you didnt gave up from this mod.

EDIT: My bad, I havent checked old posts before posting. Looks like you got it! :D As I said: cant wait for a new release.

Edited by DegmanCRO

haha, yeah, they don't blink purely because rigging them, with or without skin wrap is a pain in the backside! XD there is one rigged head in the current version though, but I may try skin wrapping them to the bysta you mentioned instead of the to the template I've been using.

I'll update the thread in a minute, just need to rejig some RVMATs

Okay so I updated the RVMATs to make use of the brand new specular maps that actually work, and while the specular maps work, the head's shapes are different to the male heads (duuh) which causes the shadow LOD to clip through... I'm going to take a look into it in more detail, I've not defined something that should've been defined in the P3D files, so I'll give it a shot, if not, I'll try to work around the problem somehow.

I'll update if I fix it!

Okay so I updated the RVMATs to make use of the brand new specular maps that actually work, and while the specular maps work, the head's shapes are different to the male heads (duuh) which causes the shadow LOD to clip through... I'm going to take a look into it in more detail, I've not defined something that should've been defined in the P3D files, so I'll give it a shot, if not, I'll try to work around the problem somehow.

I'll update if I fix it!

Yes, that's a main problem. BIS really fucked up with including Shadow geometry in a uniform model(s), instead of using proxies (so that you can put differen Shadow LOD in different head .p3d files). I really hope they will modify it.

okay, in the meantime, would it annoy/upset anyone if I removed the head shadow on the FEMAL3 uniform models so that way the RVMAT displays properly only on the custom models?

or do you think that it would be better to remove the RVMAT's new settings and restore the old ones, so there is no shadow problem, but no model specularity?

Do what you gotta do girl. Most of are just waiting with baited breath!

all right, I'll put custom shadowLODs into the FEMAL3 models, If I make the female models to a decent enough standard people probably wont use male models with the female heads anyway.

in the meantime, I've been working on improving the FEMAL3 body models alongside improving the specularity (and compatability) of the heads.

there's now a Collared version of the long sleeved model and a rolled sleeve variation, both are ready for full implementation as of now, as only minor weight changes are needed.

femal3_rolled_sleeve_uniform_by_zeealex-d8clxwv.jpg

minor changes, but they make quite a difference, which I was surprised to see.

Going to start thinking about civilian models soon, need some Ideas, I've got dresses etc in mind already.

Great to see that model !! Can't wait to test and see how it looks in-game ;)

Well Mr Malcom, your wish has been granted...

femal3_beta2_by_zeealex-d8d9inn.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Changes:

• ALL BUT ONE Female head has been reimported and re-rigged and they are now compatible with all Helmets and Hats
  • This means troublesome rigging issues are now gone
  • Their necks have been also been adjusted so they compatible with most, if not all uniforms available.
  • The face Textures have been 'roughed up' [note]
  • A new Rolled sleeve uniform has been added which includes a collar for the shirt
  • Obsolete heads removed [Warning]
  • Body textures Brightened with more contrast
  • Heads optimized for long distance
  • Cheung's skin tone has been made much less yellow and much less ridiculous as a result.

Notes:

• For those wanting the older textures back for any purpose, they are still included, but you need to alter the config to point to the textures with the "plain_CO" suffix if anyone wants a .pbo with the old textures restored, let me know.
  • The heads do not have textures and materials assigned via the .p3d file, texture and material definitions are kept in the main config file.
  • The Original Plans to include a modified .RVMAT were scrapped and the old ones restored due to issues with the ShadowLOD
  • I Believe the issue behind the male heads appearing on female units placed in the editor has been spotted, I've fixed a couple of NATO units to not have the "LANGUAGE_ENG" Identity type, let me know how you get on.
  • Some heads might have a bit of the crazy eye syndrome, if it's too bothersome, let me know.
  • The one female head that didn't get reimported was the experimental Rigged Mason head.
  • Some heads may clip with Balaclavas and face bandanna, the heads aren't standardized, so some have chubbier faces than others, but they all work perfectly with glasses.
  • Heads now have a case of FemShep Neck; if you don't know what that is, their necks look longer than they should...

Warnings:

• Mission makers/Clan Leaders/Sever Admins: The '_headgear suffix' for the .p3d files is now OBSOLETE The standard heads work with everything.
  • Not Guaranteed error free, but it should be stable, give us a shout if it isn't

Screenshots:

femal3_beta_2_smith_by_zeealex-d8d9knb.png

107410_2015_01_09_00010_by_zeealex-d8d9nmc.png

107410_2015_01_09_00007_by_zeealex-d8d9nye.png

Before you ask it's old camo paint... I have no idea either

107410_2015_01_10_00005_by_zeealex-d8d9o87.png

107410_2015_01_09_00015_by_zeealex-d8d9oer.png

I will get around to adding normal maps to the rolled sleeve.

Enjoy!

*crosses fingers* please be no major issues!

Looking good Zee. Can't wait to finish work and download and test.

Woooooow, I love when mods I wait for are updated on Armaholic the same time I'm looking it :D Testing time !!!

it looks pretty nice congrats for your mod...i will maybe implement this mod in sooner missions;) keep up guys (or girls?) very well done job:)