A day of bug zapping tomorrow. Only a minor issue with the rvmats in the heads section

FEMAl3_Beta1_cover_zps9df52f12.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Whats new:

-Uniforms, longsleeve and shortsleeve versions (FIA is only shortsleeve)

-Replaced Generic Female infantry with the new models, all sides have their respective female soldier.

-PSD resource for further development included

-A Female HL for the White females (no more hairy arms)

-Fixes of "class.scope" errors on startup (I think I've got all of them now)

-Fixed typos in RVMAT files causing errors

Known Bugs:

-Minor Shadow LOD bugs with the long Sleeve units here and there

-Some weighting issues towards the upper back of the long sleeve units (only when handling weapons is this noticed)

-Specularity is a little too high on some units

-Short sleeve textures are significantly lower quality than the long sleeve textures.

-Some other minor weighting errors here and there

-Heads appear to "float" above the bodies this will be fixed in the heads overhaul

With Thanks:

Bohemia Interactive Studios - Game/Software

Autodesk - Software and splines, can't forget the splines.

Adobe - Software

Quixel - Software

NodUnit - Authenticity Assistance

AlexVestin - Multicam Pattern

Nomisum - Donation (the coffee was lovely!)

Foxhound - Armaholic Hosting

Kecharles28/SixNetworks team - PlayWithSIX hosting

Kiory - Authenticity Assistance

sorophx- Authenticity Assistance

Dragon01 - Authenticity Assistance, and generally fun to talk to.

Motorizer - Very Interesting Article

Rebane - Authenticity Assistance

Gfresco - your offer to help test has not gone unnoticed!

BadBenson - Specular Mapping help

BloodoftheScribe - Authenticity Assistance

Valken - Authenticity Assistance

Kilroy the Nerd - Authenticity Assistance

Corporal_Lib

- Great articles

TheEvanCat - Authenticity Assistance

GR.net Parabellum - Providing config assistance and sanity.

Armaholic deanosbeano - Providing technical assistance.

anyone I missed, give us a shout!

107410_2014-11-03_00012_zps5f5459b0.png

femal3_final_test_preview_by_zeealex-d853exr.png

107410_2014_11_03_00019_by_zeealex-d853fzu.png

107410_2014_10_31_00002_by_zeealex-d853g7a.png

(the Kneepad area has been fixed)

107410_2014_10_31_00003_by_zeealex-d853gbv.png

107410_2014_10_31_00004_by_zeealex-d853gil.png

Donation

you can donate if you like, you don't have to by any means but its there if you want to. Donation will help toward costs of things like Quixel suite, and a Wacom tablet to improve the quality of the mod.

btn_donate_SM.gif

Edited by zeealex

Yay! Thanks again Zealex for doing what BIS didn´t and for making Altis a less misogenic island =)

Hope you find volunteers for female radio protocol, that´s the last touch for your mod steping out of beta (of course, squashing all bugs too, but I understand the radio/voices is right now a real challenge)

Keep up the great work, woman!

cheers!

Man (pun intended) this looks fantastic -congrats!

I could ask my wife to do voices as she's an actress but her Shakespearean edge might come off the wrong way.

Hell ya! Congrats Zee! I know that this is a huge step forward for the mod and arma 3!

;2810062']Yay! Thanks again Zealex for doing what BIS didn´t and for making Altis a less misogenic island =)

You mean Mykonos, right ?

:cool:

It's actually the island of Lemnos, not Mykonos..

Got a longsleeve texture error as you forgot to remove the "P:texturepath" from the "data\longsleeve\" folder.

Good news the scope error is gone, and another face (didn't catch which one) still giving the untextured look.

Congratulations!!! Really looking forward to trying this out. Thank you for your work on this. Much needed and much appreciated

Awesome work zeealex! The uniforms are really outstanding. I can't wait to see the improved fully rigged heads down the line too.

In the mean time, I have found a couple of geometry bugs...

When walking, there are some misplaced polygons between chest and crotch. These aren't noticeable unless the unit is sans vest:

walk.jpg

There seem to be some weird arm polygon fx when the unit is distant:

261m.jpg

Moving 1m closer, the dodgy geometry disappears:

260m.jpg

These are not major so I hope I don't come across as nitpicking. I'm incredibly impressed and grateful for your hard work on what will end up being one of A3's most essential mods.

There's a mistake on placing object: No entry 'bin\config.bin\CfgFactionClasses\FEm_FIA.icon'

Another: Cannot load texture p:\femal3_uniform\data\Iongsleeve\Iongsleeve_nato_co.paa

Are lips movement till conversation not present?

zeealex, thanks for your great job!

Had a quick play in the editor

I noticed a geometry bug when I used one of the dark skinned heads (cheung I think) some stretched polygons down from chin to waist.

Also missing textures on CSAT units shoes

Sorry didn't take screenshots.

Edited by motorizer

There seems to be a few errors i didnt get to see correctly. My apologies.

I'll be in the house later today so i'll patch up the problems.

The crazy arms problem is a rig error i'll redo LOD3 and it should be alleviated.

Missing file paths is either a typo or i need to get rid of the P: prefix.

The head problem is a rig error too. I'll do reimports of the heads tonight. See if i can kick start a major update

@ericj, i'm still not having the black face problem. I've tested all heads but i cant see it. I'll change the name of the work folder and see if it turns up as a path error.

What you have to do is go in Object Builder and go to Tools/Mass Texture & Material Naming and see if you see a "P:\texture path" in black and removing that will do it.

Aye. I normally do it manually via the individual selection assignments. Mass texture and material renaming isnt good for me

It actually is, when i first started my gun mod it killed me as that was the issue, all you have to do is go from this:

"p:\modnam\data\texturename"

to

"modname\data\texturename"

And so on, and kills the texture issue. The reason you're not having problems is because the path references your P: drive, not ours, but if I had say the source files (hypothetically) then I would see it and have no issues as well. It looks white in Buldozer but as such the textures show up in-game.

It doesn't change your workflow but you should definitely add that step as yes when you apply the texture to the model it shows fine in Buldozer/in-game on your computer, but ours we get the missing texture errors.

thats exactly why I wanted to change the FEMAL3 folder name in my P:Drive that way I'd see all of the path errors end users see.

I did do it once, i used to rename the folder and add a dash or a symbol after it when I was testing the mod Ingame, that normally threw up errors of things I missed quite well mostly foolproof.

then I started binarization removed the P: automatically -.- can you tell this is my first mod?

I suppose I could put mass material renamer back onto the job I've been pressing the E button and using that interface :P

either way, it'll get sorted tonight it'll be about an hour ish, provided my food doesn't arrive between now and then :)

Nope I binarize all my addons when testing and it keeps the P:, E just allows you to apply/remove textures, for us end users it has to be as above... :D But just passing on a hard lesson learned in my case ;)

Well no worries, I can deal with it as I haven't uploaded it yet to my server.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just when I have the least time for playing ArmA... :) Nevermind, congratulations on finally making this work.

Hurray for the Beta release !!!!! ;) I'll check it out after work !!!!!

These work pretty darn good.

One suggestion... put them under NATO/men cat or NATO/female category so they stop throwing "no Female.Icon" spam and I'll use them in mission building ;-)