Thank you sorophx, they are very kind words for you to say. I'm glad FEMAL3 is someones favourite! And i'm thankful for your support and encouragement :)

Thank you all for your kind words.

Unfortunately I not only broke my hand yesterday but I also exacerbated the issue by leaving it til this evening to get it checked, and inadvertently started rock climbing with it, thinking it was a minor sprain in my thumb. I'm casted up, and its not easy to use the computer any more, but i'll fight through it and get as much done as I can every day.

Thank you sorophx, they are very kind words for you to say. I'm glad FEMAL3 is someones favourite! And i'm thankful for your support and encouragement :)

Thank you all for your kind words.

Unfortunately I not only broke my hand yesterday but I also exacerbated the issue by leaving it til this evening to get it checked, and inadvertently started rock climbing with it, thinking it was a minor sprain in my thumb. I'm casted up, and its not easy to use the computer any more, but i'll fight through it and get as much done as I can every day.

Glad to hear that you'll try to work on it even if your hand is broken, I hope you'll get well soon :)

Unfortunately I broke my hand yesterday.

:(

I have a feeling we jinxed you with all our praises. get well soon! :bounce3:

I may have to add this mod to my school list of mods... though I'll see about it though, nice work though.

EDIT: Added, makes sense so why not?

Edited by EricJ

my apologies I can't type much, doctors orders, not mine XD that's very strange... Is it just that face or all of them?

an updated heads module is inbound soon anyway, the bodies are very close to release now so it's likely to be a joint update, but if this ends up being a widespread issue then I'll put in a fix.

Thanks for adding it to your school's mod list, much appreciate seeing it being used :)

Thanks to all those who wished me well about my broken hand, it's not affecting me too much, I was able to redo the UVW on the new model so it actually made sense and while I was there, I re-did the base texture and sculpted out a basic bump map.

the result:

longsleeve_bump_render_by_zeealex-d83ke4g.jpg

going to see if the skin wrap will allow a quick import to the game or if it will need tweaking much.

it's hard to think that model is a modified Arma 3 sample model.

I think I'm ready for you to release this. Hope to eventually see civilians too!

damn straight! I need to get a move on :)

Edited by zeealex

No just that one... and the only other "glitch" was a male body (was doing a VAS check) where the female's should be as well as head when I spawned as a female (don't get any ideas you weirdos...) avatar, so it should work with VAS okay but as said without a proper face it looks weird.

not quite understanding your second problem, my apologies. do you have a visual interpretation of what you mean?

there have been a fair few issues ironed out in the newer version. so it might address both issues you're having.

Gotcha, the issue is a male avatar will "overwrite" the female head of your units and body as well. So me as a male going into your mod's avatar will show a male body/face.

hmm, I get you now, seeing a male body is normal. there's no female models out yet (nearly done). but for a male identity type to overwrite a female avatar is slightly strange.

the female heads do have their own custom identity types, it's probably worth checking out whether the overwriting of heads has something to do with a definition conflict there.

Could be as that's not my area but otherwise it works as it should when its AI of course.

(don't get any ideas.....)

Huhuhu..Eric's tryin to make naughty mods for arma lol

As I said... don't get any ideas :D In all seriousness I had to check out user compatibility as well as VAS (real reason for doing so) so if I get a female player eventually, I'd like to know its a female, not a dude pretending to be a female (now that's weird, and seen that on some servers) and so on. And if I transfer a loadout to a female student she'd have the same basic uniform,etc.

well, unfortunately I can't develop on said issue quite yet. I have a feeling it is indeed an identity type conflict of sorts as first thought.

however, I've imported the longsleeve model:

107410_2014_10_21_00002_by_zeealex-d83l8tz.png

107410_2014_10_21_00005_by_zeealex-d83l9j9.png

tweaks are needed as per norm :P

Great stuff, all starting to come together by the looks of it!

One little thing that I keep seeing is the dent/crease on the models right ermm... boob - doesn't look right (at least from the perspective in the screenshots ), I guess most of the time it will be covered by a vest anywho.

No worries as I haven't had any applicants as of yet (probably not every mod on Armaholic... but that's my worry, not yours) so it's not a terrible issue, just doing checking, etc. In any case I noticed you're doing a female head mod and I think that may help of a sorts down the road when it gets more finalized, etc.

No worries as I haven't had any applicants as of yet (probably not every mod on Armaholic... but that's my worry, not yours) so it's not a terrible issue, just doing checking, etc. In any case I noticed you're doing a female head mod and I think that may help of a sorts down the road when it gets more finalized, etc.

Agreed, not worth the effort and time to fix right now. Just focus on the models and such I'd say

yeah, getting the mod at least at working is top priority, touch ups in other, lesser known areas of issue will probably fall into place as the larger issues are polished up and worked on or around.

speaking of polishing up... I'm touching up normal maps today and textures for the uniforms trying to get them in the best state I possibly can. so they work without all of that shiny business I seem to be plagued with at the minute, no doubt incorrect specularity has something to do with that as well.

along with that, I'll probably end up de-cluttering facial UVs and adding more skin detail thanks to higher texture resolutions.

just going to test the new normal maps, when Photoshop is done with being slow.

Great stuff, all starting to come together by the looks of it!

One little thing that I keep seeing is the dent/crease on the models right ermm... boob - doesn't look right (at least from the perspective in the screenshots ), I guess most of the time it will be covered by a vest anywho.

haha! thanks, yeah that's mudbox not knowing how to subdivide the chest correctly, enter raycasting and you have a dented breast, easy enough to fix up in quixel.

Im currently entertaing a fantasy that BI see your work, pay you for it and work it into the game as DLC with full voice files, head morphs etc...

really? :') It's my dream to work at BIS, and Magnum(THE boot company) :D thank you, I hope to work there, one day... need to get a university degree first though; make sure my skills are sound, I've been self teaching most of it XD

just a little teaser for the HQ textures(WIP):

teaser_by_zeealex-d83vzmk.jpg

Using AlexVestin's multicam texture (free to use)

everything else is hand done using mudbox (wrinkles) Quixel (kneepads) and Photoshop(other details such as shadows, threading and fabric texture.)

I'm really glad to see the issues being slowly ironed out. Really looking forward to the release. :)

Can't wait to have my own merc squad of these women,something like a White Tights team.CSAT officer job ads would have openings each day.

Thanks dragon01 and Kyrcek! Issues are getting slowly but surely dealt with, right now I'm just making sure that they are as visually appealing as possible in terms of model and texture quality.

I can't wait to see your merc squad though, Krycek, sounds like a really cool concept! :D

after 2 evenings of solid texturing... I've finished the pants:

femal3_pants_hq_texture_side_by_zeealex-d843hb4.jpg

femal3_pants_hq_texture_rear_by_zeealex-d843h3y.jpg

femal3_pants__hq__front_by_zeealex-d843fnm.jpg

Thankfully it will work straight up, no model reimport required, not that its an issue with this model the hands are imported directly from the older version, which is weighted correctly, saving a bucket load of time.

Onto the shirt and belt now me thinks! :D