Anybody+_dbd9f27fb55da41aba829f52ca3d010a.jpg

So it's the VM p3d max exporter, correct? if so then I've been using that to import files into o2 thinking it didn't import the rig... damnit!

no offence meant, but if oxygen 2 was an object, it would be a very clunky paperweight. but I'm not going to get too bad with it, Bohemia interactive were nice enough to supply it for free, so I'll try not to moan... too much.

So it's the VM p3d max exporter, correct?

yes. the one that exports as *.txt. no weighting in o2 needed whatsoever. always hurts to see people use o2 just because they think they have to ;)

you can even use a skinwrap modifier to somewhat copy the weights from the original male model. so just use the example files that have bones and mesh in them. depending on how closely your model matches the original the results of that automated method can be very useful and at least can provide you with a great base that only needs fixing and not starting from scratch.

if you need any further help feel free to PM me.

Just found this wonderful mod. zeealex, you are my heroine!

zeealex, I hope you will not forget about lips movement for speaking?:)

thank you variable! :D glad you like it :)

@Anario, nope, I haven't forgotten ;) the face rig is proving difficult to implement, now that I know the VM export script DOES import the rig (allbeit in the wrong order) I should be able to rig the faces up at some point. maybe those death stares will be short lived afterall.

Okay, Good news for once!

The Skin wrap modifier has worked pretty much perfectly (thank you BadBenson!), there's virtually no weighting issues, a couple of tweaks are needed just to sort minor errors out, and the shadowLOD error has cropped up again... I'll fix that... somehow O.O

screenies(please excuse the bad shadows :/)

I spent ages on this glove texture, the knuckles and palm padding are A3 textures, the rest I did alone with a photo of my Oakley SI assault gloves and a nylon fabric texture.

2014_09_16_00003_by_zeealex-d7ze7qo.jpg

2014_09_16_00001_by_zeealex-d7ze7q7.jpg

2014_09_16_00002_by_zeealex-d7ze7qi.jpg

Agreed. Must feel good to have the bodies almost nailed down! Congrats!

Thank you guys! :D

Just on a yet more positive note, the hands are pretty much fixed and perfect now, a first for me, no more fingers veering off in different directions, or having to use Arma 3 default hands from the example model, I've been working on refining the shadow LOD and some slight distortions of the torso as well and I'm pleased to report significant improvements. More screenshots in uno momento

for now, just to note something, in the old model, and any model I attempted prior to this one pistols and NVGs would refuse to work, I'd get this:

107410_2014_09_16_00014_by_zeealex-d7zflxz.png

or just no NVGs

With this model, pistols and NVGs work!

107410_2014_09_16_00015_by_zeealex-d7zfmje.png

If that isn't a good omen, I don't know what is! (I know the texture needs looking at again XD)

Screenshots of Improved model:

2014_09_16_00006_by_zeealex-d7zfnen.jpg

2014_09_16_00013_by_zeealex-d7zfnp2.jpg

107410_2014_09_16_00009_by_zeealex-d7zfobo.png

I have improved the shadowLOD even more since these have been taken, the abdominal area is normal, the crotch is normal and the legs have improved.

Once I've sorted out the small problem in her arm roll selections, (they roll too much to the point where it looks unnatural, you can probably see it in the last screenshot.) and set up an RVMAT, it's pretty much done.

I'll be progressively working on the leg model and varying torsos as the versions go on, but this is showing promising signs of being the first body model implemented.

Once this is fixed up as good as it can get, and OPFOR and INDFOR textures are finished then beta 1 will come straight up.

Screenshots of Improved model:

Excellent!

It seems shoulders look excessively beefy for fragile woman:)

than you again guys :D

Excellent!

It seems shoulders look excessively beefy for fragile woman:)

yes, there's something strange about the shoulders, and the upper arm, I believe the upper arm needs a rig tweak, it's not following the bone as much as it should be. My FOV settings aren't helping the screenshots much, at wider viewing angles, things in the leftmost and rightmost thirds of the screen appear bigger.

I know for one, if I make the shoulders any smaller, the head looks massive, and I can't improve the head's size to fit the model without having to create entirely new sets of headgear specifically for the female models. Thus, bloating the mod unnecessarily. The extra beefiness towards the neck is to compensate for the slightly shorter model, not sure how it got shorter considering it's a modified Arma 3 character example p3d and I didn't lower the torso at any point, you can't actually see that though, currently the head model's neck is covering that, it's something on my checklist of things to sort.

@dostunuz, regarding that, the model will be refined to a point where it does over time, start to look defined. With the limitations of the Arma 3 skeleton and equipment though, it has to be the same height and it has to fit with the bones of the skeleton in some way shape or form then I've got to make sure it works well with vests and other gear. Being honest, having worked on several variations of female body models over a period of 6-7 months all of which had significant errors, to get one working better than most and then to have a comment phrased like that, it's a little bit disconcerting, I'll take it by all means, currently I'm still unsure of my limitations; it could be that next week I'm defining my own skeleton with new custom animations to allow me to create better female models... I just don't know that yet so I'm not inclined to really say anything about it.

I'll keep going either way, going to try a rigging a head again, see if I can get it blinking and whatnot.

Zeealex, this body is incredible (pun intended), nevermind the bulldozers (punk reference pun intended too), the shoulders are perfectly on proportion - these guys never had drawing classes to really know - and for bloody sake, it´s a female SOLDIER (she needs to be feefier), she´s not a Barbie!

Keep up the great work, Zee!

Looks astounding! Was wondering if you'd be able to get the body models, but i feel like a jebroni for second guessing you.

It's always going to be a compromise making it work with the existing male animations and skeleton, Given these limitations, what you have done looks excellent :rthumb:

i think the problem with the arms/shoulders is that you focussed on tweaking them from the front since that is the most important, how wide the shoulders are and stuff. people probably are talking about hte side view which still looks pretty wide (the arms).

@CorporalLIB yeah, I was going for a more athletic approach to the model, so long as the shoulders are on proportion, that's brilliant. at the end of the day, like you said, she's a soldier, not a catwalk model, even though she's probably tall enough to be one.

@Gfresco, thank you :D Don't worry about it too much, i'm guilty of second guessing myself all of the time :P

@motorizer, precisely, I might see what it would take to get a working female skeleton ingame, I know I'd have to configure my own animations, which will be a fun learning curve XD

@badbenson yeah, I missed some verts at the top of the arm... damnit! XD fixed now. I've (hopefully, haven't tested it yet) fixed up the elbow, hands a little more and the problem of the arms distorting when they turn too, so that's good.

On the note of facial rigging, I did a quick in view test of a facial rig for Mason (yes, everything is tested on that head first)

mason_facial_expressions_test_by_zeealex-d7zj4ja.jpg

so far I've got the eyelids sorted and not going all over the place, and I'm in the middle of doing the lips. just the jaw then to sort really.

and yes, she does indeed have teeth! they also need sorting

Edited by zeealex

Mason in a grisly voice as she stares into the distance: I've seen some shit......

first off thank you a million times, this mod is great, we have some female players and now they can actually play with female characters, there is however one problem (so far) an loading into arma and the editor and the missions I get a config error, ive isolated it to this mod, not any other ones heres a screenshot of the error. if you could tell me how to stop this error that would be great, also I guess it will need to be fixed in future updates

once again this is brilliant, keep up the good work!!!

No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/H_HelmetB_plain_mcamo.scope'.

Hi Zeealex

First of all, thanks for making this addon, and also sharing your progress like this. It's nice to see how it's all coming along.

Two things now, first:

No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/H_HelmetB_plain_mcamo.scope'.

In the ..\unitinfo\config.cpp the start of cfgvehicles is this:

class cfgVehicles
{
   class B_Soldier_F;
   class H_HelmetB_plain_mcamo;
   class H_Cap_headphones;
   class H_HelmetB_plain_blk;
   class V_PlateCarrier1_rgr;
   class B_UAV_01_backpack_F;
   class FEM_Base_F: B_Soldier_F
   {

Only the class reference to B_Soldier_F is needed, as you base your own class on it. You just add things via the other classnames, but don't use the class itself. The rest of the references are cfgWeapons classes and you're putting it under cfgVehicles, so Arma gets confused and weird things might happen. Also that error message.

Second:

Can you maybe add a "compatible" version of Mason? The new neck doesn't fit most normal uniforms any more and one of my teammates uses it as a face. It looks a bit strange on the normal bodies sometimes, but works for all missions and we're now accustomed to her hairy arms :D

The new pictures look like they might fit better again, so maybe that will work. I can always fix her up with an old version anyway.

@3P0X1 hell yeah! XD

@PSYKO_phoenix, scruffy the (config) janitor seems to have cleared up this issue pretty nicely, I'm still getting used to config files and whatnot, what's meant to be there, what isn't, and I seldom see these errors when testing.

@Scruffy, thanks for the elaboration on this, as I've said, still a little bit of a newbie to config files, but this is really useful information, I've now fixed the config, I'm going to see if I can fix the new rig on Mason's head (it's nearly there!) and I'll release the new alpha.

to the second point, yeah, I'm with you on that one, thankfully I can modify that fairly easily without having to reimport it, not that it's really a drag any more thanks to skin wrap, I'll change the Hl textures and materials to get rid of her follicular overgrowth too for the next fix XD

Thanks again!

zee ;)

Well, configs are the only thing with modding I'm not completely incompetent at, so I'm glad to help when I can. My models are limited to this (nose only), and I managed to nearly break the game with a shadow lod there...

Your plans for the next updates sound awesome, keep them coming. :)