*ahem* miss *ahem* ... Sorry, bad cold :P you should be able to change the texture without hiddenselections, just add a new face class, name it what you want and modify the path in Texture = "path\path\file.paa";

The New texture should take effect with no problems.

Make sure cfgheads and cfgidentities is filled in to reflect the addition of a new face. ;)

Sorry miss. Still outstanding work. Thanks for the instructions.

haha, don't worry, it's the joys of having a unisex name in a community for a game which is for the most part played by gentlemen.

If it doesn't work, I'll add a hiddenselections line to the models for the next version ;)

still getting the config not found /path/path/class.scope error when running the mod. Otherwise the mod is looking good. You did some amazing work and will look forward to future updates.

---------- Post added at 06:25 ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 ----------

http://i.imgur.com/hfpgfPt.jpg (342 kB)

Took this earlier on our clan server, I will add it to our supported mods.

Hi Zeealex, thanks so much for continuing to work on this mod under difficult circumstances. I've had a play with the latest release and things are really coming along fantastically, the reduced makeup and skin shininess is a great improvement. I only have 2 issues: the heads actually seem ever so slightly too small compared to the male counterparts; and there is no eye blinking animation which means you get a death stare from any of the ladies unless you put dark glasses on them!

still getting the config not found /path/path/class.scope error when running the mod. Otherwise the mod is looking good. You did some amazing work and will look forward to future updates.

---------- Post added at 06:25 ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 ----------

http://i.imgur.com/hfpgfPt.jpg (342 kB)

Took this earlier on our clan server, I will add it to our supported mods.

the path\path\class.scope error is a known issue, don't worry, i think there's i missed out a definition of the class it's asking for in the config somewhere, well, i must have. It shouldn't affect gameplay though, certainly if you're using custom units.

that screenshot looks EPIC, they do actually work with the CSAT uniforms pretty well, I'm surprised ;)

@tpw, I responded to your kind words of the same nature in the mod discussion, but, to save you the time of going over there to read it, i'll just quote it here for you:

Yeah, I noticed the head sizing thing myself, I think they are smaller, but at the same time, they are the correct size, I know when I was sizing them up, when at eye level the chin is higher, but everything else is the same size as the BIS default head. Unfortunately I cant resize them without a) them looking strange or b) the head clipping through headgear and glasses. which is annoying.

I know that Mason(headgear) is tiny, that was my bad, but seeing as i'm in the process of adding newer heads, It shouldn't be a big deal for me to replace that head with a newer version with the same model, just a different size.

It doesnt really help when the male physique would dwarf a female one. But the body model has to be the same size spec too I could make my own skeleton but setting it up would be WAY over my head.

I had a look at the female coverall model that was around here at some point, and the female head looked massive on it, so it's really finding a happy medium, I'll see if i can make any adjustments to the model while keeping it within the A3 skeleton's range.

Dont worry, i'll be adding an eyelid rig in the next version, it creeps me out too :P they dont seem as 'alive' either, when I did the first test rig on Oakes she looked a lot more lively than her unrigged self, but alas, the weights were all over the place and verts were shooting off in any old direction they pleased, rather annoying. I think now that I'm used to O2 a bit more, weighting the model should come a little easier.

@tpw, I responded to your kind words of the same nature in the mod discussion, but, to save you the time of going over there to read it, i'll just quote it here for you:

Sorry Zeealex, I forgot that I'd posted there first! It's wonderful getting old...

Thanks again for all your hard work.

hehe, don't worry about it Tpw, it happens to the best of us XD

in the meantime, some of my hardware issues should be fixed this week, which will hopefully contribute to quieter and less disrupted operation, so i'll be able to get up and get on with it a little more ;)

EPIC!!! love it, the infected script works really well! I'll be sure to add some infected textures at some point.

I like the biker gear with the female heads for some reason, I might see about making my own female version. :P

but it seems smith is having some rig issues... I'll need to check that out ASAP. I wonder how that slipped past testing... :/

I'll be sure to add some infected textures at some point.

That would be great! Something to look forward to. Thanks in advance. Infected textures plus blood-stained clothes would complement.

but it seems smith is having some rig issues... I'll need to check that out ASAP. I wonder how that slipped past testing... :/

Maybe its Quereshi causing the rig issue ? The most recent vid I made below utilizes this code for the faces...

_faces = ["Cheung","Mason","Oakes","Smith"];
_face = _faces call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

... and it seem to work well. :)

Since Arma 3 updated recently, the TI maps don't work, and a couple of the NOHQs once again it's back to figuring out the underlying problem... I really wish this thing would be game update proof!

You can use them in Zeus, I think, by making a custom Zeus module with them, I'll look into it.

Thanks asureako! I'll look into that rig problem further, I am actually in the process of replacing all of the heads with versions rigged with 3dsm rather than object builder, here's to hoping that works out. i'll add some form of Mc map in there too to get wounds textures in.

Edited by zeealex

Ti maps are working now, the shader and RvMat information has also been changed again to use arma 3's skin shader, there some slight quality improvement.

I looked further into that rig problem, and I dont see any lost verts I lt mustve been a glitch.

Adding in 4 new identities; Tyler, Rourke, Ly and Nazari

Tyler will replace the old Mason, but will have a new head, Rourke is the second sub saharan identity, Ly is the second asian identity, and Nazari is the second Persian identity.

these heads should hopefully all be added in with working face rigs, if the face rigs do work, then the original heads will be re exported to this spec.

Another addition will be camo face identities, as demonstrated here:

alcam_test__phase_1_preliminary_by_zeealex-d7w8xxe.png

they need some more work, but I'll have them finished up by the next release.

Hey, nice mod. I'd love to see this developed further, keep up the good work!

Good stuff so far zee, look forward to future updates.

Nice to see another original ghost recon/Gr.net user about also!

thank you guys! :D little idea of the heads, don't rush to conclusions too quick, I'll be doing texture modifications and they'll look a bucket load better ingame:

heads_lineup_by_zeealex-d7x2kbj.jpg

I threw Arnott into the mix because i was sick to death of trying to make the models look mature and they came out looking like 12 year olds, so I made an old woman XD

I'm modifying Ly's texture to look older, and possibly Rourke too, not quite happy with rourke at the moment though.

tyler needs some acne scars... she looks like a teenager, so she has acne like a teenager, right?

Good stuff so far zee, look forward to future updates.

Nice to see another original ghost recon/Gr.net user about also!

t_d8ecb31f464b4b7e99fcb49e423ca55c.jpg

Hey Jeza! thanks! good to see another GR.net dweller around, too! :D

---------- Post added at 03:37 ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 ----------

IT LIVES!!!! it needs a lot of work but IT LIVES!!!

107410_2014_08_29_00002_by_zeealex-d7x2w86.png

the hands have gone a little ape on me... hmm, I'll need to look into that a bit more, the shoulders and knees desperately need redefining, but it's in, it works, I can go have a cup of coffee now- ooh god, it's 4 in the morning! I will get that coffee!

Edited by zeealex

She really looks nice. :) Really can't wait to try the mod out myself. I hope the remaining issues don't cause you too much trouble.

Hey! Looks great as usual. I know you said not to go in too hard on the current representation because it will look better in game, but I have to say.. I think on Ly you should slim down the cheeks a bit and either scrap the double eyelid for a monolid or move the crease of the double lid a little bit closer to the eye. (I think a monolid would be a much more realistic representation) I love your work and I don't mean to insult, but she looks a little bit cartoonish in terms of shape. The eyes are a little big. East Asian eyeballs are usually no smaller than any other race, but there is usually more eyelid covering them making them appear smaller. On a positive note, LOVE Naziri, and the rest look good so far!

yeah, I don't like the Chinese one myself come to think of it. The skin needs to be less smooth above everything, I might just use a Caucasian texture and modify it slightly.

I can pat down the eyelid to become a monolid, that shouldn't be too much of an issue, but yeah, I see what you mean, having a caucasian eyelid structure doesn't work so well in trying to make her look asian. I'm grateful for the critique, and I'm glad Naziri worked out okay XD

I've spent most of the evening reworking the UV of the new body model so it only needs one camo selection (thus, material files can be added properly)

I kind of got carried away and overhauled the shirt textures while I was there.

this is what it was:

shirt_front_basic_render_by_zeealex-d7tq2d3.jpg

and this is What it is now:

moar_detailz_2_by_zeealex-d7xale1.jpg

moar_detailz_by_zeealex-d7xaldp.jpg

moar_detailz_3_by_zeealex-d7xam77.jpg

I'm primarily getting it ready for Quixel (normal mapping) hence why it's noisy and plain. once the base texture is done, I can start to add camo detail and what not, I've got some welding that needs doing, not exactly helping on the graphical front and adding stitching will cover up where I can't get the texture to match up.

Awesome! I like the new one better because of the lack camo making it much more neutral. It doesn't indicate a certain faction which I really like because it makes it a little more pliable for mission making imo. :-)