Thx. Would be cool if you could sign your mod with a key. we want to use this for our missions but need a key for the server.

I've got a key on my external hard disk, i'll upload a signature and a key for you ASAP

Im on my phone at the moment, and I can't see much so i'll take the time to respnd properly when i'm on my PC

What's up with those Kurdish girls wearing DMARPAT cammies? At first glance, I thought they were USMC troops. :)

in that particular case the woman said she tried to look prettier to be accepted easier by Afghan women she had to work with. so make up could serve that as well.

and Arma doesn't try to emulate garrison life, it's mostly combat oriented so any grooming standards can be ignored to a degree I think

ArmA gameplay is combat oriented. That doesn't mean we don't see any garrison troops. Indeed, the main campaign has plenty at the start, and in prologue all soldiers would all be garrison troops and thus would have to obey grooming regs. I'd say, play it safe. Save any blatantly "out of regs" heads for SF (they never care about this stuff anyway) and leave normal troopers looking like they could pass muster if the Gunny had a good day. :)

Awesome job with this mod, looking forward to updates. Drives me batty that unlike A2, we don't even have female civvies let alone female soldiers.

Not quite true. The military has regulations regarding makeup and hair, which means women in military look much more "plain" and more natural than in civilian world. Most civilian women wear makeup, but the military regs limit this a lot, nor is it really practical in there unless you're talking some very POG MOS (which are not present in ArmA). You'd definitely see a lot more imperfections that would be covered by makeup in civilian world.

My post was somewhat unclear as to what my point was. I meant that women in the military are not any less supposed to follow grooming standards than men. Thus, I don't think makeup should be on the models at all. I don't see why rogue or lipstick should be used at all.

Some female soldiers from the Norwegian military;

http://puu.sh/ajVAb/d236958638.jpg (141 kB)

http://puu.sh/ajVzp/e1b4c7f3fc.jpg (283 kB)

http://puu.sh/ajVyt/4094916b5b.jpg (158 kB)

And because ArmA3 features a lot of Israeli things, after all:

http://puu.sh/ajVRm/dcc07e39b1.jpg (387 kB)

Hahaha, that last one, the guy on the right.... that made me laugh so hard.

Hahaha, that last one, the guy on the right.... that made me laugh so hard.

Let's play "spot the playa."

all the chicks i served with wore make-up. dunno if that helps lol.

thanks guys!

I saw the reference images a little while ago, but now they won't load, damn... :/

either way, thanks, I've been overhauling the looks just recently.

along with that... I needed a change of scenery(the texture's really rough):

render2_early_by_zeealex-d7sus9t.jpg

render1_early_by_zeealex-d7sus4z.jpg

I've found a modelling technique I'm comfortable with, it combines spline and edge loop modelling techniques and overall worked out really well, and the knee has been added as BIS have done it, meaning it shouldn't glitch out too much ingame. its polygon count is also significantly lower than previous attempts(1,800 polys as compared to 8,000)

Might compile this, if I can get a rough torso done, with the next version... don't quote me.

talking next alpha again... the RVMATs should be fixed, but this hardware error is preventing me from booting into Arma so I can't test it until later on...

Edited by zeealex

Agreed, the speed in which you learn and improve on your models is pretty breakneck!

And what the hell is up with that girl you linked? Friggin slugs for eye brows lol

I've had girlfriends with strong eyebrow game, but never that strong.

if you need help testing in any way possible, I'd be happy to help. Looking forward to the next update, stuff looks promising.

thanks for the offer Gfresco, the big problem is, the computer can't be on for long without serious difficulties arising, so i have to moderate my usage of the game.

I did manage to replace mason's head (again) with a better looking model, which works with ALL headgear, including caps, just needs an RVMAT adjustment.

I've also signed and keyed the mod, I’m working on getting it binarized without the RVMAT files failing to work, I think that will be fixed with the new type of RVMAT I’m using.

I've also been working on unit configs, giving the units female generic names from a custom generic names superclass.

there's a chance only one unit will be defined properly for the next version. but it saves all of the "setface" palava.

Edited by zeealex

Good to hear your still making advances, even if they are at a reduced rate. Keep going, you're doing great stuff!

I'm glad to see a release on this. I'll keep following the mod. Thank you for your hard work!

argh, sorry to hear about your computer but slow progress beats no progress!

And on that bombshell:

femal3_version_2_snazzy_new_art_by_zeealex-d7tjqwn.jpg

DOWNLOAD

From the changelog in the readme

Extensive changes have been made from crude, they include the following:

-Universal TI maps have been added, so the female heads should behave as expected when viewed in thermal optics.

-RVMAT files have been fixed.

--Initial glossiness of characters faces has been toned down.

--RVMAT files should now load with no issues other than one (check known issues).

-Mod now signed and keyed (check note 1).

-A new Mason head has been added which has significant improvements over the older versions.

--The head is compatible with ALL headgear types including caps and the new bandannas.

--This head portrays the original idea behind Mason a lot better (without looking scary).

--The older version is still present and selectable.

-Heads have had the make up on the textures either removed or toned down.

-New demonstration units added to save the setface init line being used to get a female head ingame.

--Generic Rifleman(multicam) and Generic Rifleman(woodland) have the following:

---Generic female names randomly assigned.

---One of the available female heads currently in the mod randomly assigned.

--The five named characters (Mason, Oakes, Smith, Quereshi, and Cheung) have the following:

---Their respective names assigned to them.

---Their respective heads assigned (Mason uses the new head).

---all but mason use a custom texture made from BIS woodland and BIS sage textures (This is going to change).

---Mason uses a completely custom body texture with MARPAT pants and an OD Shirt

-Lighting errors occur less.

the universal TI map in action:

working_ti_map_by_zeealex-d7t9fib.jpg

New Mason:

107410_2014_08_03_00012_by_zeealex-d7tjsa4.png

107410_2014_08_03_00010_by_zeealex-d7tjskx.png

Please let me know if there are any issues other than ones stated in the readme, testing wasn't as extensive as I'd hoped.

Hope all goes well, Enjoy!

Wow they look Vanilla which is to say VERY good !!

SJ

Just played around with these faces for the first time in the Arsenal and they really look great -- nice work! I noticed that they work really well with the CSAT uniform; i.e., they don't look like female heads on male bodies. There's also an AAF uniform with shoulders that aren't so broad that looks pretty good with these heads. I can't wait to see where you go from here. I hope BI is watching.

Looks good Zee. Will download and try as soon as possible. What computer problems? I think you're toying with us lol.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

So awesome! Thank you so much for the hard work. This mod is great already, and that other guy is right. These heads work great with the CSAT uniforms!

Outstanding work mister! I have a question though. Are you going to include hiddenselections? Would be nice if we could retexture your ladies.

*ahem* miss *ahem* ... Sorry, bad cold :P you should be able to change the texture without hiddenselections, just add a new face class, name it what you want and modify the path in Texture = "path\path\file.paa";

The New texture should take effect with no problems.

Make sure cfgheads and cfgidentities is filled in to reflect the addition of a new face. ;)