Sign in to follow this  
NASTY_BUTLER

ARMA 3 : Wasteland Mod - Admins and Players Wanted for a new Server

TOP has a New Wasteland server to help populate and run.

TOP Wasteland Server : 198.205.113.125 Currently with ATM Mod, base building, $1K Spawn, Revive, and more.

TOP is a very simple open adult gaming community with no regulations or applications necessary. You don't even have to join...just hang out if you wish.

To participate join our Teamspeak 3 server, jump in the ARMA section, and be sociable.

TOP Teamspeak: ts.tacticsoverprinciples.com

We are finding limitations to adding more servers in our cliché for persistent across all servers. We are seeking for developers to provide a bid to topwasteland (at) gmail.com or here.The bid will be for all items completed below unless specified otherwise. Please provide a timeline of completion and cost of project.

Implement extDB as an option for saving, directly to mysql.

Provide the ability to have multiple servers interface with one database (mysql).

Once completed, the code would be released to AgentRev for option to include into the main release. We hope this will help alleviate some of the work load upon AgentRev. We are interested in furthering the development of A3Wasteland. For more information from the developers of A3Wasteland and ExtDB, please email us or visit the a3wasteland forum. I am unable to post a link

ExtDB probably wouldn't be a very good option if you want persistence across all servers. you'll need something that is constantly polling the database if you want persistence across ALL servers.

I don't think ExtDB is designed to optimally do this.

You may want to develop your won data source solution.

ExtDB probably wouldn't be a very good option if you want persistence across all servers. you'll need something that is constantly polling the database if you want persistence across ALL servers.

I don't think ExtDB is designed to optimally do this.

You may want to develop your won data source solution.

When it comes to persistence across all servers, we really only want that true for player information, not vehicles and objects.

Currently Vehicles and Objects are only saved to each server. however players can switch servers and keep their inventory and stats.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a user can only be on one server at a time via UID.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Please see http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182146-A3Wasteland-and-ExtDB-development

Just my 2 cents am biased since i wrote extDB ;)

You could change the code over in a less than 30mins imo, if u know some SQF + SQL....

Most of the hard-work is done already for you i.e Wasteland already has logic in it for saving info.

Check out the new DB_CUSTOM_V2 Protocol

----------------

----------------

@Sommers

extDB maintains a constant connection to Database (MySQL, SQLite, ODBC).

If your server gets busy it will increase amount of the number of active Database threads.

If Database threads become inactive for a certain time-limit (configurable), it will close inactive database connections when server gets quiet..

You can config the minimal amount of Database threads to keep active. lower/higher limits.

extDB is designed to hand off all Async requests ASAP to a worker queue, this way we avoid blocking call as much as possible...

extDB is able to run multiple queries in multiple Database at same time etc (strictly not counting SQLite, but thats due to how SQLite is designed)

Multiple Servers using the same MySQL Database will make no difference what so ever.

You could have 200 servers query the same MySQL server it wouldn't effect Arma2SQL / DayZ Hives / extDB.... it would only directly effect MySQL Server itself.

----------------

----------------

Overheads in extDB...

There is some (minor) overhead in the way i abstracted the different Protocols. few extra lookups / text manipulation

Honestly the only real overhead you will notice is the fact u need at-least 2 queries to get results from extDB, but that is due to extDB workaround for callExtension limits on size of returned result.

Also its relatively simple to write some C++ for a custom Protocol, if you really wanted to.

----------------

----------------

As for performance, AtlisLifeRPG is doing fine with extDB + they crippled extDB.

AtlisLifeRPG code only runs 1 SQL query at a time (to keep things simple).

Edited by Torndeco