Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Also guys start of a new tutorial series :)

Now that Texturing in blender has been covered we are moving onto Modelling in blender (lol backwards I know :P )

I am trying to cater for everyone right down to absolute beginners so the first video is very basic but it will pick up soon :P

I hope i will have time this summer to to work on a little project and learn using blender with your tutorials, thanks for making these!

Burnes, I thought I read about some JTAC equipment or mods you put together, possibly earlier in this thread?  If that was indeed you, are you planning on working on that some more since it will be a heck of a lot more useful with the Jets DLC coming out?
If not, disregard.

15 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Burnes, I thought I read about some JTAC equipment or mods you put together, possibly earlier in this thread?  If that was indeed you, are you planning on working on that some more since it will be a heck of a lot more useful with the Jets DLC coming out?
If not, disregard.

lol no i'm sorry but i think it was someone else

Well, I don't recall talking about JTAC stuff anyway. :P 

Sorry i can't be of more help here :)

Thanks for the reply.  It narrows it down for my brain damaged memory ;)
Keep up your great work!

Not really massive news but all the download links for my mods are now available from one video

moving everything to the new channel and couldn't really be bothered making seperate videos (althoguh i probably will in future)

Anyway here it is :)

an update on the Oshkosh M-ATV, lol i figured it has been a week so i'd better put one out :P

Part 2 of my modelling in blender series is up. Again still absolutely basic stuff but hopefully it will help those new to Blender/Modelling

On 24-4-2017 at 2:00 PM, burnes15th said:

an update on the Oshkosh M-ATV, lol i figured it has been a week so i'd better put one out :P

Man this thing is looking sexy. Will go great with RHS and CUP units as well.

• Like 3

Some more news :P

New 3D Modelling tutorial is up. Tried something new in terms of recording the video and audio separately on this one. I don't think it works personally but it's done now lol :P

Also fulfilling a commenters wish of modelling a backpack was probably not the best decision as it involves techniques more advanced than i wanted to begin with :p

Hey Burnes, are you planning a remote controlled turret (CROWS) for the M-ATV as well?

Like this:

M153_CROWS_mounted_on_a_U.S._Army_M-ATV.

• Like 2

So, Burnes-

You have fan art now- One of my guys wants the MATV bad enough he's tried to photoshop one ingame. 

Matv_in_the_forest.jpg

• Like 8

On 2017-5-5 at 4:41 AM, Capt Keenan said:

how can fix your aav that you made it wont turn in the water

No sorry the AAV is sometihng I will not be revisiting. I just don't have the time i'm afraid 

There is an Amphibious version out there somewhere though as the 15thMEU have one

On 2017-5-5 at 11:41 AM, Foxone said:

Hey Burnes, are you planning a remote controlled turret (CROWS) for the M-ATV as well?

Like this:

M153_CROWS_mounted_on_a_U.S._Army_M-ATV.

Yes it's certainly sometihng i'm considering. It all depends on time really. 

If I have the time to do it I will :)

16 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

So, Burnes-

You have fan art now- One of my guys wants the MATV bad enough he's tried to photoshop one ingame. 

Matv_in_the_forest.jpg

Haha that's actually prettyn cool looking  :D 

Hey I have a video uploading right now of the early in game version of the MATV though so should be available very soon :)

So here is the latest weekly update for the Oshkosh MATV

The hood/front of the M-ATV looks shorter than the RL version, does that have something todo with the recording/aspect ratio, or is it just short in the model itself?

3 minutes ago, Foxone said:

The hood/front of the M-ATV looks shorter than the RL version, does that have something todo with the recording/aspect ratio, or is it just short in the model itself?

no its the aspect ratio.

For some reason i cant get bandicam (my usual recording software) to work with arma atm so i had to use OBS and well i didnt set it up right. you can actually see how the top of the screen is cut off (look at the HUD stuff in the top left corner) so yeah the aspect ratio was wrong making everything look shorter in length/taller in height (whichever you prefer ) 

Just now, burnes15th said:

no its the aspect ratio.

For some reason i cant get bandicam (my usual recording software) to work with arma atm so i had to use OBS and well i didnt set it up right. you can actually see how the top of the screen is cut off (look at the HUD stuff in the top left corner) so yeah the aspect ratio was wrong making everything look shorter in length/taller in height (whichever you prefer ) 

did you tested Fraps? It works great without a complicated Setup ^^

44 minutes ago, burnes15th said:

no its the aspect ratio.

Aah oke, hope you can fix Bandicam :)

2 hours ago, Selvo Domenico said:

did you tested Fraps? It works great without a complicated Setup ^^

Yeah i don't really like Fraps or DXtory, Bandicam is incredibly light on system resources.

1 hour ago, Foxone said:

Aah oke, hope you can fix Bandicam :)

Yeah me too lol. For one tihng it allows me to record 2 seperate audio tracks (mic and game) seperately so i can remove the background nocie from my microphone recording. Can't seem to do that with OBS

Lol again not huge news really but i've put all the currently available source files links into one video for convenience :P

More source files :)

Ok so I have a quick departure from the Modelling tutorials so we can go back to basics and set up

the P drive and arma 3 tools. Seems to be a much simpler process than the old days lol

im so hyped for the M-ATV its the one to pertinently replace the Hunter from vinilla for me!