Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

hey guys, does anyone know if that Leopard 2 demo that's mentioned in the OP is available yet? couldn't find anything in my quick search

hey guys, does anyone know if that Leopard 2 demo that's mentioned in the OP is available yet? couldn't find anything in my quick search

Nope, only the M1A1 and Challenger 2 are available in terms of MBTs. The BWA mod has a nice one, albeit lacking interiors.

Nope, only the M1A1 and Challenger 2 are available in terms of MBTs. The BWA mod has a nice one, albeit lacking interiors.

that's the thing that bothers me. the lack of interior. Also i'm not asking for the finished addon. but on the OP it says that a "demo is coming soon" and it was last updated in june, so i thought maybe something was published

Will the ships be static or moving?

static to begin with but i'm working on a way of making them work similarly to the landing craft, i.e so you can lock vehicles to them while they move and then lock the ship down when you want to move vehicles around.

Cool, honestly i was hoping for static, knowing all the engine issues behind big ships i was afraid any other solution would make the ships' behavior wonky.

Cool, honestly i was hoping for static, knowing all the engine issues behind big ships i was afraid any other solution would make the ships' behavior wonky.

Yeah this is still an issue, and so far it's proven difficult due to the multiple model parts involved in large ships. So the static versions will be ready much sooner and there will always be a choice of purely static versions. The Movable version will probably always be 'experimental' due to the many many problems associated with it (like touching walls, even when the ship is locked in place, count as 'collisions' for whatever reason). Still i think it is worth pursuing just to see what kind of results can be achieved

Is your T90 going to be the original T90 or the T90A?

Hey man, I've been checking your mods out for a group I play with, and while I do say that you've got some impressive model work on your vehicles, I do have several complaints about them. Namely the Challenger.

It seems like you severely botched the armor and damage output values on the tank, because I've been doing some comparative testing with it pitted against vanilla and RHS tanks. Now, despite the two's general incompatibility, we've proven that RHS and A3 tanks fare relatively well when pitted up against one another, with balanced results, especially on frontal hits. However, Challenger REALLY blows them all out of the water. In a 1-1 test, it was able to one shot the CSAT tank, mobility kill the AAF tank, and it receieved no damage whatsoever from RHS tanks. We took a more detailed look at it in both Arsenal, tank attacks from non-frontal sides, and with infantry AT weapons, and it turns out while it is possible to take the Challenger out, the only reliable solution is using a Titan missile to vertically strike and mobility kill the tank. The CSAT tank was able to disable it with several shots to the back, but that is the issue- it takes about 3 hits into the rear to disable with the best OPFOR tank cannon.

Are you thinking of making modifications in regards to that? While it is fairly comfortable to wreck tons of enemies as a Challenger driver, my buddies like a challenge. And fighting against it as OPFOR would be nigh impossible on the player's end. So I'd be really thankful if you considered this and amended the issues in next update, should you work on it more.

• Like 1

Hey man, I've been checking your mods out for a group I play with, and while I do say that you've got some impressive model work on your vehicles, I do have several complaints about them. Namely the Challenger.

It seems like you severely botched the armor and damage output values on the tank, because I've been doing some comparative testing with it pitted against vanilla and RHS tanks. Now, despite the two's general incompatibility, we've proven that RHS and A3 tanks fare relatively well when pitted up against one another, with balanced results, especially on frontal hits. However, Challenger REALLY blows them all out of the water. In a 1-1 test, it was able to one shot the CSAT tank, mobility kill the AAF tank, and it receieved no damage whatsoever from RHS tanks. We took a more detailed look at it in both Arsenal, tank attacks from non-frontal sides, and with infantry AT weapons, and it turns out while it is possible to take the Challenger out, the only reliable solution is using a Titan missile to vertically strike and mobility kill the tank. The CSAT tank was able to disable it with several shots to the back, but that is the issue- it takes about 3 hits into the rear to disable with the best OPFOR tank cannon.

Are you thinking of making modifications in regards to that? While it is fairly comfortable to wreck tons of enemies as a Challenger driver, my buddies like a challenge. And fighting against it as OPFOR would be nigh impossible on the player's end. So I'd be really thankful if you considered this and amended the issues in next update, should you work on it more.

yes this is a known and ongoing issue, although there will never be any direct testing with RHS content as neither the 15thMEU or myself use RHS there will be further armor value updates as and when/if i can work on the tank again. Due to losing a lot of my projects when my old computer died it might be some time however until the new updates are made. Currently I'm focusing on the LPD's and a few other small projects either not on the ruined hard drive or that i started after getting my new computer up and running

hi,

first thank you for this awesome Addon !  I have some Questions for Mission making and need a little bit advice.

How can i start Mission with closed Ramps ?

I make a Mission start at Sea and i need to drop in Cargo a Vehicle. How i can do that ?

thx in advance

Due to losing a lot of my projects when my old computer died it might be some time however

Sorry to hear that, saving your work on just one hard drive is just asking for trouble however :wacko:

I've started detailing out the Well Deck on the US LPD I'm doing (based on the LPD 17, hence the big 17 texture on the ramp lol)

almost none of this has been properly textured yet, just the ramp because i made that seperately.

hoping to get the internal areas of the US LPD finished this week and possily hve in game footage to show next week.

10001.png

cant wait to see those amphibious veichles deployed ASAP :D there's so much water and so little stuff floating around i cant believe it...

Very nice, but you've had this for ages

LPD - (HMS Bulwark) - Expect demonstration soon

Any chance we can see some WIP for that too? :D

Burnes,

Your addons are amazing.

The Challenger and M1 are almost like playing another game via a tank simulator.

Amazing work!!!

Kudos!!

Burnes,

I noticed that the Challenger is fairly indestructible when fighting other modded Tanks (Leights, Massi's, RHS).

I am using RAM with your tank and One Challenger took out over 20 tanks without getting knocked out.

Didn't know if this was intended, etc. but I thought I would mention it. Awesome interior lighting at night BTW!!

Burnes,

I noticed that the Challenger is fairly indestructible when fighting other modded Tanks (Leights, Massi's, RHS).

I am using RAM with your tank and One Challenger took out over 20 tanks without getting knocked out.

Didn't know if this was intended, etc. but I thought I would mention it. Awesome interior lighting at night BTW!!

I'm subscribed to his channel and there's been little activity as of late. However you can try editing the PBO and recompiling it to edit the hitpoints of the Chally. I hope Burnes collabs with the RAM guys when he resumes work on the tanks for a more cohesive experience.

I'm subscribed to his channel and there's been little activity as of late. However you can try editing the PBO and recompiling it to edit the hitpoints of the Chally. I hope Burnes collabs with the RAM guys when he resumes work on the tanks for a more cohesive experience.

and in doing so Breach the authors rights.... Editing PBO's is not the way to fix it. Create a config that OVER-WRITES the values. That's the proper way to avoid any breach of copyright :-)

and in doing so Breach the authors rights.... Editing PBO's is not the way to fix it. Create a config that OVER-WRITES the values. That's the proper way to avoid any breach of copyright :-)

I wouldn't have suggested it except Burnes himself gave permission a number of pages back to edit hitpoint values since his tanks aren't finalized. :p Re-compiling the PBO renders the addon useless for MP games anyhow.

Did he...?  musta missed that - sorry to sound all High n righteous then.... lol

SJ

Your Challenger is invisible, i cant destroy it with any Armor, not even the RHS tanks 

Did he...?  musta missed that - sorry to sound all High n righteous then.... lol

SJ

haha yeah appreciate the defense man but I did say that people could tinker with the tanks to get them to suit how they'd like them set up.

Your Challenger is invisible, i cant destroy it with any Armor, not even the RHS tanks 

Yeah as stated it hasn't been properly set up yet but i must stress it will never be compatible with RHS damage values. The 15thMEU do not use RHS therefore I do not use RHS.

None of my content will ever be set up for use with RHS (though some might work well just by chance)

Anyway guys I thought i'd fill you in on the absence. With university back in term I have been a bit pressed for time so I'm having to pick the modding projects I'm pursuing carefully. 

I've also been working with some guys on data recovery from my fucked SSD drive with all the old modding projects on it, so there might be fresh hope there. However due to time constraints I will probably be unable to work on them. I know a lot of people have been waiting for finishes/fixes to most of these projects though so I am going to just make all those projects publicly available unbinarized for others to work with. The content will be available for you to work with or alter however you see fit, completely without restriction. Only attribution will be required.

The download links will be exclusively on my youtube channel as my more recent releases have been:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYPE10gBDIYzFyFX2WI7w

This may even help some people who are trying to learn modding. a look 'under the hood' so to speak.

I will let you all know what kind of timeframe we are looking at if i can recover the data soon ;)

I'm still working on the ships and a few other things that you may have seen on my youtube channel when i have the time. So there will be news on those soon.