Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Another quick video showing some of the variants that will be available. sorry about the shitty mic quality.

Should have extracted the audio and bang it through Audacity to get some of the noise out.

Also how are you creating the mud on the challenger? It looks like you are using a normal map to emboss it, in this case just use bevel in photoshop.

http://bwmod.armedassault.info/tutorials.php?id=3 Careful it's in German, I suggest google chrome.

the mud is a colour texture layer in CO, a positive (light) layer in NOHQ and a negative (dark) layer in SMDI. this enables it to be both raised and matt so the hull specularity still shines through on non muddy areas. the normal mapping still needs some gradiating and detailing though (not to mention toning down for realism sake lol) but im holding off on it because doing it while still making the base textures involved making too many changes all the time lol. oh i'm using gimp too as i dont have photoshop :)

Yeah I really think that having the mud in the normal map is making it look out of place. I guess because it is sticking out too much. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Yeah I really think that having the mud in the normal map is making it look out of place. I guess because it is sticking out too much. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

yeah right now the normal mapping in general is really unbalanced mainly because it is a composite of several layers that havn't been sufficiently integrated contrast wise. In the final version the mud bump mapping will be very slight (completely flat makes it look a bit cheap) and areas like the barrel extrusions will be much more pronounced. Its still very much in the composition phase of texturing so there will be many changes to come yet :)

Threads been quiet for a few days sorry lol, heres a quick update.

I've had a few other things going on in life that needed my attention but there should be updates on all the vehicles pretty soon with new optics models, textures and fixed features coming very soon.

I'm putting some work into features on another mod makers mod at present and free time for that is proving sparse at present (hopefully back up to full speed soon though)

Cannot wait for the challenger 2 it is looking smashing man, keep up the awesome work :yay:

Cannot wait for the challenger 2 it is looking smashing man, keep up the awesome work :yay:

Looks really good. Shame that we don't have a proper UK faction ( maybe someone will eventually port the BAF DLC )

There are UK factions out there... Stalkers pack for instance, Bravo has a good skin too.

Ours will be ready soon - if we can crack the crashes that Trixies pack seems to be causing.

SJ

Looks really good. Shame that we don't have a proper UK faction ( maybe someone will eventually port the BAF DLC )

I use this one, with Trixies UK Weapons pack. Its pretty much a one stop shop for all things british. It uses regular nato vehicles but they all have new names so they look proporly british. There is the Warrior and the Merlin and Lynx helicopter re textures also.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168606-Operation-Aegean-Shield-British-Armed-Forces

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175821-Trixie-s-Release-Thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167194-L85A2-Release

Download them now and get ready for the Challenger 2 :D

One more quick update before i go to bed.

BTW if anyone is putting together a decent BAF pack (and by that i mean high quality and with a comprehensive set of vehicles and equipment) I would give permission for my vehicles to be included. I normally dont like aggregate mods but that would be pretty cool lol..

BTW if anyone is putting together a decent BAF pack (and by that i mean high quality and with a comprehensive set of vehicles and equipment) I would give permission for my vehicles to be included. I normally dont like aggregate mods but that would be pretty cool lol..

Me and AWGJacob are working on a UK Mod.. Its not exactly the Best right now, but its still under development using guidance from someone we know from the UK Military!

CUP may be interested?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169933-Community-Upgrade-Project

Edited by TheCapulet

CUP may be interested?

CUP doesnt do mods like that, they bring past content to ArmA III, hence one reason why the stuff in the AiA HQ pack isnt automatically part of the AiA Standalone

CUP doesnt do mods like that, they bring past content to ArmA III, hence one reason why the stuff in the AiA HQ pack isnt automatically part of the AiA Standalone

I thought they would be doing something like that with the weapons and such. It would be amazing to have that as a single PBO with all the high quality stuff rather than patching together everything.

Most important question about the challenger, is there a BV?

All do have it. How are you supposed to heat the tea if not?

Some screenshots of the British MK10 LCU i'm working on. Currently in the modelling phase.

mk1010001.png

mk1020001.png

mk1030001.png

mk1040001.png

We at RAR have been looking closely at your challenger 2. I was wondering if it will be a stand alone download and if it will require any additional mods when its released?

We at RAR have been looking closely at your challenger 2. I was wondering if it will be a stand alone download and if it will require any additional mods when its released?

It will be standalone although you will benefit greatly by using AGM with it as it really has been designed with AGM fire control in mind

By the way who are RAR?

It will be standalone although you will benefit greatly by using AGM with it as it really has been designed with AGM fire control in mind

By the way who are RAR?

Yeah we use AGM. RAR is "Royal Anglian Regiment" or Royal Anglian Gaming Regiment. We are basically a new arma 3 mech regiment. We are just waiting on this mod before we use MBT's.

BTW its looking beautiful I'm currently monitoring this thread like a hawk for RAR because I'm basically the only one who goes on the forums often.

Yeah we use AGM. RAR is "Royal Anglian Regiment" or Royal Anglian Gaming Regiment. We are basically a new arma 3 mech regiment. We are just waiting on this mod before we use MBT's.

BTW its looking beautiful I'm currently monitoring this thread like a hawk for RAR because I'm basically the only one who goes on the forums often.

Awesome man, hopefully should have it available for you guys in a week or two. I'm also working on a FV510 Warrior IFV (a proper one, who ever saw a warrior with a turret like bohemias? lol) and FV107 Scimitar to complete the britiah army armoured capabilities. Would be cool to see all these vehicles working together like parts of this epic video:

Really enjoying your work here, can't get enough of the update videos!

Only concern I had was that the front of the Challenger looks a bit stubby from the comparison photos I could find, from the side on views. Anybody else think so or am I just out of touch?

It would be nice if there would be animations of tankers inside (touching screens, buttons, loading shells, making tea in challenger LOL) But I guess that's too much for one guy to do...

I actually hope that there will be lights inside the tanks. Red lights :D