Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

3 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Poor Katie,

She comes back and so many people want to know about mod updates

I would throw in a welcome back, but I wasn't around Arma 3 when she left, so it seems a bit weird for me to say welcome back

I guess it should be "hello and welcome"

Unfortunately, I must be like the quotes ones above... I am interested in any potential updates to the LCAC or Mk10 landing craft. Will you update them with Vehicle in Vehicle loading from Apex?

Same here so it's better if i say hello rather than welcome back.And i was about to ask the same question about the landing crafts.So thanks mate! :)

Hello there Katie and have a good luck in your future projects.

Welcome back!  :)

Thanks for making the LCAC MLOD's available.  Before I *assume* I just want to check that its OK to develop derivatives so long as the typical 'not for profit' and 'credit given' guidelines are followed?  I plan to make a version to go in my pook_Boats pack that uses the standard A3 vehicle-in-vehicle methodology to carry vehicles.

On 12/16/2018 at 7:37 PM, hcpookie said:

Welcome back!  :)

Thanks for making the LCAC MLOD's available.  Before I *assume* I just want to check that its OK to develop derivatives so long as the typical 'not for profit' and 'credit given' guidelines are followed?  I plan to make a version to go in my pook_Boats pack that uses the standard A3 vehicle-in-vehicle methodology to carry vehicles.

Here's what I've cobbled together so far - the Internet says there are 2x .50 cal MG's but I can find no pics of them; I presume they are stored out of the salt water until an action is underway.  I added VIV storage, and the ramp inflate/deflate happens when the front ramp is lowered/raised.  Engine starts will automatically raise the ramp.  VIV doesn't depend on ramp animations (unfortunately) so that's the best way I can figure to do it w/o complicated scripting.  I had to adjust the front skirt a little bit to prevent clipping through the ramp when lowered.

I reduced rudder influence to better align with published information indicating the real vehicle doesn't turn that well.

Added a 2nd panel to the back so larger/better logos can be built for the sides. 

Windows in place too, and a Commander turret w/ optic on the LH side.

I've also articulated the rear rudder fins as well.

Only lacks updates to some of the missing textures at this point.

If you would rather develop this further I'll be glad to send it back your way :)  Otherwise I'll add this derivative to my pook_boats pack w/ credits...

lcactest1.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Here's what I've cobbled together so far - the Internet says there are 2x .50 cal MG's but I can find no pics of them; I presume they are stored out of the salt water until an action is underway.  I added VIV storage, and the ramp inflate/deflate happens when the front ramp is lowered/raised.  Engine starts will automatically raise the ramp.  VIV doesn't depend on ramp animations (unfortunately) so that's the best way I can figure to do it w/o complicated scripting.  I had to adjust the front skirt a little bit to prevent clipping through the ramp when lowered.

I reduced rudder influence to better align with published information indicating the real vehicle doesn't turn that well.

Added a 2nd panel to the back so larger/better logos can be built for the sides. 

Windows in place too, and a Commander turret w/ optic on the LH side.

I've also articulated the rear rudder fins as well.

Only lacks updates to some of the missing textures at this point.

If you would rather develop this further I'll be glad to send it back your way :)  Otherwise I'll add this derivative to my pook_boats pack w/ credits...

lcactest1.jpg

this is really cool and I absolutely have no problem with you releasing your version of this but for the love of god let me make some new textures and materials (and i guess interior! lol :D ).

Because those textures are really bad. They were made when i basically didn't know what I was doing and If i'm honest they kind of hurt my eyes these days lol :P

Can't wait to see it on action. Last year our community made 60+ JO with two LCAC and LPD and nie with VIV and (Maybe?) Mk10 would be hell of a USMC landing operation to make :-)

On 12/21/2018 at 3:38 PM, Katie Byrne said:

this is really cool and I absolutely have no problem with you releasing your version of this but for the love of god let me make some new textures and materials (and i guess interior! lol :D ).

Because those textures are really bad. They were made when i basically didn't know what I was doing and If i'm honest they kind of hurt my eyes these days lol :P

Tell you what, I know you'll probably want to kill me, but I want to release "version 1" as-is because the overall aesthetic of my other boats isn't really that good overall.  Texturing, and making textures look "worn" are my biggest pain points... I just can't get them looking good.  I intend to sit down with some tutorials about how to use GIMP to make some good textures after the first of the year.  But for now in all honesty, I think the textures look fine :)

Some New Year speed modelling haha 

Happy New Year everyone :) hope you all have a great 2019 xxx

Apologies for the slow progress on updates guys. I have a day job now in insurance claims haha so my time is basically limited to weekends :P

should hopefully have something more on the C2 update this week though :P 

Hi katie, I don’t suppose if you remember if it is possible to animate the cargo ramps on the Lcu mk10 via a waypoint ie on unload lower front ramp via a animatedoor command or similar ? If so do you remember what the ramp names are ? 

Any plans to do bulwark?

chees 

Hello,

I read that you were working on JLTV, it was when you were working on MATV at the same time. Btw I read this in a topic about the JLTV project from other author. I wonder if JLTV is still alive.

Best regards

Luke

Forum rule #1: don't ask for mod updates.  With 500+ posts you should know that by now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/28/2019 at 10:26 PM, hcpookie said:

Forum rule #1: don't ask for mod updates.  With 500+ posts you should know that by now.

I've always wondered about this forum guidelines about asking whether a mod is still active, versus asking when a mod will be released. I wholeheartedly agree hounding a modder about their next release is unacceptable behaviour, but I know of many scripts and mods that have suddenly gone dark and knowing if there is a future doesn't seem overly intrusive.

4 hours ago, anfo said:

I've always wondered about this forum guidelines

If you have a question about the guidelines you can message a moderator.

That rule was made to prevent useless spam on old threads that won't get answers anyway.

If a thread has been dead for a year, and the mod author wasn't online for 2 years, and the last 3 posts already are "is this dead?" then posting another "is this dead?" is clearly just spam or stupidity.

None of that is the case here though. Atleast I don't see it.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:26 PM, hcpookie said:

Forum rule #1: don't ask for mod updates.

Number 5 actually. Is classified as spam. But I don't reaaally see a push for updates in that message.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2018 at 3:37 AM, hcpookie said:

On 12/21/2018 at 11:38 PM, Katie Byrne said:

this is really cool and I absolutely have no problem with you releasing your version of this but for the love of god let me make some new textures and materials (and i guess interior! lol 😄 ).

Because those textures are really bad. They were made when i basically didn't know what I was doing and If i'm honest they kind of hurt my eyes these days lol 😛

Where can I get those MLODs/ the files to release a derivative?

I would love to try and update it (or the mk10 landing craft) and bundle it with my update of @j0nes's LHD

The LHD has a well deck and lots of space to fit tanks and such, and the LCAC/mk 10 landing craft fits into the welldeck, so it seems the two go well together. Is a texture update still planned, and if so would it be before or after Katie's other various projects?

Hello. sir. I would like to be allowed to use your addon as a collection of packs for my arma personal server only a non commercial free enemy. and i use alot of addons so i want be useful oversight the package

piz permit for me?

back at it with tanks hehe 😄  😄  😄 

A great reference video of a real tank interi... Oh. I see. I really REALLY SEE! Oh, wow O_O

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Vvalerie2 said:

A great reference video of a real tank interi... Oh. I see. I really REALLY SEE! Oh, wow O_O

haha wow thanks 😄 that's quite a compliment :)

It's coming along well although will need further retopology to work in ARMA. Currently the interior is around 250k verts but there's plenty of room for optimization

That is very special indeed. I assume 250k verts in-game will be a slideshow?

More preview stuff for the Abrams model. exterior and interior :) 

I'm gonna have to run this alongside RHS lol. Vehicles need interiors! It's part of the fun!  Nice job!