Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

A rather sad bump, but it appears Katie has left the Arma modding community because some people just cant stop being assholes.

Thanks for all the mods Katie, many of us appreciated them! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

That's sad to hear, I loved her mods just like many others

• Like 1

A great lost for Arma Community.

Hope she came back someday.

Thank you Katie for all of your contributions.

If the community is toxic, just get out and let it rot or until the other members help to clean it up. Your not the only one I've seen get shat on for no good reason, IMPO.

It is in BIS's favor to look into these things on a bigger level as the ARMA community is VERY small compared to other gaming communities. 

Life is too short to let arseholes ruin it for you. 

Good luck with whatever your endeavors may be.

I missed all this. So the author of Burnes Armories came out as transgender in the last year and started getting sh$t for it from people in the community ??

It's annoying, to put it mildly. You can't take away the right to express opinions and claim to be part of a democratic world. Even if they are ill thought out. But that doesn't mean you accept it when it crops up publicly. Let people say what they want, but call them on it.Or at least let them know when you disagree.

I think a lot of this bile going Katie's way is emotional. It can't stem from a rational thought process.

If they don't like someone that's fine, but maybe they should consider sodding off and dragging their knuckles somewhere else. Anyway. It's a shame to see someone targeted in that way. I may be a member here. But they don't speak for me.

• Like 1

They don't speak for me neither. Modding should be a personal hobby, without expecting anything in return. But when you get insults from a bunch of Internet morrons, i perfectly understand the only thing you want is to walk away.

• Like 1

Yeah Its a shame that we've got some shitty people in the community, I guess I got lucky with the group that I play with being really supportive.

Anyways thanks Katie for all the mods

• Like 1

Terrible. Countless hours she spent making content and on top of that, creating tutorials to help others create content. What a shame and loss for the community. Good luck with your next endeavour Katie!

Sad times - thanks for all you've contributed Katie and good luck with everything. Take care

Not nice. The tutorials were fine. Big thanx for them. 

It is a shame and as already mentioned a loss for the "community". But please refrain from suggesting that selfish, intolerant individuals who may have influenced Katie's decision to leave are part of this "community". Clearly they are not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2017 at 4:56 AM, MATR1X said:

It is a shame and as already mentioned a loss for the "community". But please refrain from suggesting that selfish, intolerant individuals who may have influenced Katie's decision to leave are part of this "community". Clearly they are not.

Katie's video clearly states on multiple occasions that the harassment and abuse she endured since her coming out were the prime motivations for her departure. She clearly felt that these people were from the Arma community. Perhaps you meant that they weren't from the BIS forums. But the sad fact is that there are a vocal few who enjoy trolling. It's up to us to show them what's acceptable in order community and what's not.

Well, they clearly weren't from this community. There are multiple communities dedicated to ArmA series around, some better than the others. 

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

Well, they clearly weren't from this community. There are multiple communities dedicated to ArmA series around, some better than the others. 

From my experience units are generally pretty bad for it and its more widespread than you'd think, I've been through quite a few since i came out and i've lost pretty much any motivation to spend time in MP.

I'm not an MP guy so I don't know about units (though I'm sure the "life" communities are wonderful places in particular :) ), but the forum seems pretty nice, overall, at least compared to places like YouTube of Facebook. That said, this might just be moderators censoring the worst jerks.

Yeah, From what i've experience the BI Forums are one of the friendlier places and this is where i lurk most days since i withdrew from MP and i'd put that down to the active moderation. I'd been in a unit for about two and a half years when i came out and i ended up leaving very soon after because of how people started treating me with open hostility. I'm not sure how its been for other trans people but thats how its been for me.

5 hours ago, dragon01 said:

They're here, trust me, they're also a big part of reddit too, and as for steam..

• Like 5

A little late to this news but need to add my disgust to the thought that anyone on these forums was harassed because of who they are, who they want be or what they believe. Aside from just being wrong, congrats, you've driven away a great modder who wanted to give back to the community on several levels.

For those who played a part in this, that last sentence paints you as stupid as you really are.

I would hope there's a system in place to report abusive PMs, kicking those offenders off these forums. I don't want to be a part of anything that allows this kind of behavior. With this in mind, those who've had similar experiences, let others know and we can put a public face to the small-minded bullies that smear our community and a title we all love to play with their bigoted ideas. I know if I found someone I played with had done this, they'd be quickly kicked out of my circle.

Besides, we all know cockroaches hate any light being shined on them.

We all face challenges in our lives at some point. I can't even imagine how difficult the changes Katie faces are and will continue to tackle. Here's the most important part, these changes are her choice and seriously nothing to do with, nor requires comment, from anyone else other than encouragement.

All those with a sense of decency need to step up right now and stop this hateful stupidity right here in whatever way they can.

• Like 9

Sorry to hear about losing another great Mod designer.  But it doesn't surprise me at all reading some of the comment's in other threads.  I wish Katie a successful future and thanks for the Panther CLV my little crew couldn't do without it.   

On 11/12/2017 at 11:28 PM, dragon01 said:

No true scotsman Im afraid. Unfortunately they are part of this place.

I haven't seen any, anyway. People who have been thrown out by moderation don't count. What makes a "true scotsman" in this community is clearly stated by the forum rules, and lesser sins than that are bannable offenses here, to say the least.

Well i can understand why Katie might leave or take a break but i feel like when you let intolerant people ruin the things you enjoy doing they win... that goes for both sides of any argument ... 

Hopefully Katie will return one day and find a more tolerant group to be a part of...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Well i can understand why Katie might leave or take a break but i feel like when you let intolerant people ruin the things you enjoy doing they win... that goes for both sides of any argument ... 

Hopefully Katie will return one day and find a more tolerant group to be a part of...

Yea man,

I remember hearing that Kurt Cobain wished he was gay just to piss off the jock "nirvana" community that drank piss-water lager out of the back of their hire/purchase Fords.  But as he wasn't so the next best thing he could do was cross-dress.  Plus it's fun (probably)

• Like 2