Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

G'day Katie,

I was wondering if you are intending to continue work on your gates and fences addon?

Spoiler

Downloading now! Thank you for all the hard work you put into your mods!

9 minutes ago, Reid236 said:

Downloading now! Thank you for all the hard work you put into your mods!

Thanks Reid :) that's really nice to hear :)

On 7/9/2017 at 0:49 PM, wansec_6 said:

G'day Katie,

I was wondering if you are intending to continue work on your gates and fences addon?

hmmm, maybe. I could open source that project to tbh as i'm not sure how involved in ArmA as a whole i'm going to be in future. I tihnk me and the ArmA community have 'grown apart' these past few months...

But still i'd hate to not help if i have the opportunity too so yeah i'll link to the project files very soon :)

That's a shame. The gates were an interesting project. It was a good option to have an 'armoured' barrier for the front of a base, rather than some battered old gates or a bar gate. Housing a shipping container under some hescos was probably the best I could come up with as a solution, so having a proper gate was nice. :P

7 hours ago, burnes15th said:

I think me and the ArmA community have 'grown apart' these past few months...

That's sad to hear Katie. Care to share your thoughts on why that is?

Awesome first version.  I hope Bohemia can contract you to do a (hunter) mrap MATV replacement. Looking forward to the JLTV - the armored up Humvee replacement. 

The extended wheelbase version of the MATV can seat eleven. Good details. Keep up the great work!

On 23-7-2017 at 2:05 PM, burnes15th said:

hmmm, maybe. I could open source that project to tbh as i'm not sure how involved in ArmA as a whole i'm going to be in future. I tihnk me and the ArmA community have 'grown apart' these past few months...

What happened?

Thank you Katie. Your stuff is splendid, you're awesome, I'm your fan :eyeheart:

• Like 1

I encountered an error while using your M-ATV.
Error message:

Cannot load texture burnes_husky\data\huskydashboard_co.paa.

I was using only M-ATV.

I confirm, seems like this vehicle need "huskydashboard_co.paa" from your husky vehicle...Could you repair and update ? ^^. Thx

Is Katie still around? She hasnt really been around these parts lately.

13 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Well she is still posting videos a couple of times a week. Tutorials for making vehicle mods etc https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwA5wd50HYLa-ZY80LSAg3w/videos

Yeah, she's still pretty active on her youtube page. But after saying the she grew apart from the Arma community it's been a bit quiet around here. So just wondering if she left us (and what exactly caused it).

Hey,

i love the vehicles made by Burnes Armories, thanks for that !

i have one question, if the vehicle gets hit by an IED or something, the tires do not disappear. Thats the reason why we dont use these vehicles anymore :\ is this a general problem with the Burnes Armories mods or i am the only one?

Maybe someone here has a tip for me?

(i tried the Husky TSV - V1.2 and the OSHKOSH M-ATV)

For Example: The vehicles (Wheeled) from RHS can loose the tires.

6 hours ago, Defender82 said:

Hey,

i love the vehicles made by Burnes Armories, thanks for that !

i have one question, if the vehicle gets hit by an IED or something, the tires do not disappear. Thats the reason why we dont use these vehicles anymore :\ is this a general problem with the Burnes Armories mods or i am the only one?

Maybe someone here has a tip for me?

(i tried the Husky TSV - V1.2 and the OSHKOSH M-ATV)

For Example: The vehicles (Wheeled) from RHS can loose the tires.

Many military vehicles are made with bulletproof full rubber tires or run flat tires, these are meant to overcome the issue of losing tires. I do not know the specifics of the Husky or the M-ATV, but I would assume that these have reinforced tires that would be able to withstand a lot of punishment. These two vehicles are supposed to be IED resistant by design. The RHS cars are light, unarmored, and have air-filled tires, such as the basic M1025 or the UAZ. I don't think this was an accident.

30639948mr.jpg

What i mean is that the vehicles didn´t getting any scratches from an explosion (the left one was hit by an small ied, the right one two).  It just didnt feels right, but anyway...these vehicle models are really great work!

• Like 1