Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Just want to say thanks for making the modelling tutorial burnes. Learning to mod arma is a stressful process full of obscure methods and outdated guides. It is wonderful to see you making this straightforward and easy to follow guide. I hope I will have time to learn to use it soon :D

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ryejin said:

im so hyped for the M-ATV its the one to pertinently replace the Hunter from vinilla for me!

Haha well that's why I knew it would be a good idea to make one :) 

And that isn't criticising the Bohemia version it's just that theirs is intended for the futuristic setting of ArmA 3 whereas countless realism units and players in general want a version that reflects our modern times instead :)

1 hour ago, ineptaphid said:

Just want to say thanks for making the modelling tutorial burnes. Learning to mod arma is a stressful process full of obscure methods and outdated guides. It is wonderful to see you making this straightforward and easy to follow guide. I hope I will have time to learn to use it soon :D

I'm just glad i can help. The plan is to try and make the most comprehensive set of tutorials and hopefully make them easier to follow than my old series :P 

Since releasing all my source files i've even thought about attempting to make kind of vehicle' templates' that would allow someone to drop in a visual model and with minimal effort add the named seletions and adjust the other lods to suit. Not sure how feasible that idea is but its sometihng i'd like to explore :)

more setting up modding tools :D

also some details about the P3D file format and its limitations because i'm tired of getting asked about opening binarized P3D's :P

@Katie: Great Thank You for this tutorial series. I ve always had problems with things like properly setting up P; Drive, Blender extentions and my Oxygen editor most times simply refused to work. 

Very informative and understandable for noobs like me.

Regards.

Small update on the M-ATV. been a very busy week for me so not a lot of free modding time sadly

But there has been some progress so I figured it would be a good idea to keep you guys updated...

The updates are certainly appreciated, Will be a great day when this beast hits release day.

• Like 1

Again not a massive news update but relevent to some people :P

Working on the Oshkoash MATV right now btw. Hoping to have a release version in a few days 

Lol so this week another 'baby steps' update for the MATV. 

Hey, it is getting there though :P 

Looking good!

WOW that MATV is coming along wickedly!

Tuts... like current good ones, thank you so much for doing these!

Hello, i'm using a gate from burnes objects in my mission. 

If i create the mission with the old 2D editor, i can hear a sound when the gate is opening 

But if i use 3DEN, the gate makes no sound. 

Note : I tested it on Altis and Malden : No sound, but in VR, i can hear it even with 3DEN. 

Have you any ideas on what could cause this issue ?

Interiors looking lavish af :D Perhaps you could create a patreon account to help with some extra income? Probably wont be much, but I'd imagine every little bit helps.

Its time to talk about practical alternate M-ATV Variants that should be made

One with a RHINO mine defense system, doesn't need to function, would be nice. Most references I can find are scale models and the real pics are cruddy or a bad angle, so heres a model. Also one with the mesh or rebar or whatever back there like the pic would be neat.

5cd0a330e461f0cb07eef9d763180998.jpg

A lot to ask, but some of the extended base variants with the full rear, like the Assault and the Medical vehicle, would be nice too. I can't find any interior pictures. Apparently the assault variant can carry up to 11, with two rows of 3 seats in the back that face in.

https://oshkoshdefense.com/variants/assault/

M-ATV_Assault_8.jpg

M-ATV_Assault_2.jpg

A regular version with spots in the bed in the back that two guys could sit in and stand up from and shoot out, like the vanilla offroad would be cool too, like pic.

m-atv.jpg

And the Special Forces Variant. One with the fire from vehicle like above would be nice, pic above is also a Special Forces one.

MATVsfvPaul%20(4).jpg

Some videos, one shows a little of the 6x6 interior, not asking for that but it could help with the assault interior a little if you do do it. And the other shows the medical variant interior, helps with that and could help with the assault, while also showing some helpful general info bits. 

• Like 2

+1 for the SF ... err... CTRG version... :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

One with a RHINO mine defense system, doesn't need to function, would be nice. Most references I can find are scale models and the real pics are cruddy or a bad angle, so heres a model. Also one with the mesh or rebar or whatever back there like the pic would be neat.

Doesnt RHS have a working RHINO system? Might be worth cooperating with them. 

I second the request for SXF version.  One with a minigun in the turret, much like the one I posted a picture of a few pages back, would be epic.

Wow the variant with a Rhino would be perfect for the *cough* EOD mod *cough* :don11:

Something else in the works :P lol

haha so i decided to do some testing of the new vertex limits.

I did something similar when they raised the limit, and test built single models with 500,000 polys in LOD1. pboProject took about 20 minutes to build.

Performance in game was acceptable. 

Object Builder did struggle to keep up though, lol.

• Like 1