Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

5 hours ago, burnes15th said:

So as many of you know I do vehicle mod requests from time to time and i thought i would show one particular project that has thrown up some rather interesting problems to overcome lol.

This is still very much Work In Progress but its certainly the most interesting vehicle i've had to work on :D

My new channel is still unverified so no fancy thumbnails yet haha :P 

My god you're just full of surprises aren't you? Please don't stop the fantastic work 

• Like 1

Btww if theres anything you want to have explained/demonstrated in blender modelling or arma modding please feel free to suggest it as a tutorial topic here 

And i will make a tutorial video on it in the near future

I personally would like specific tutorial on the tanks start to finish, inside and outside, I know it's really a lot of work but I would like to contribute to the growth of the community, and being a beginner I always seem to have done something wrong. If you have time I will send in PM screenshots of some model that I made and according to your experience tell me where I'm wrong or where I can improve and when to share your tips with everyone.

Btww if theres anything you want to have explained/demonstrated in blender modelling or arma modding please feel free to suggest it as a tutorial topic here 

And i will make a tutorial video on it in the near future

Maybe a little bit on UV mapping? I always seem to lose interest at this stage, probably because i've never really got my head around it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brad7 said:

Maybe a little bit on UV mapping? I always seem to lose interest at this stage, probably because i've never really got my head around it. 

Consider it done ;) 

Its actuallyone of  the more requested topics in my expereince because it IS a tricky concept to get your head around initially. :) 

I have some ideas on how to explain it more intuitively thoguh so hopefully i can help you out :)

1 hour ago, dontshootmemf!! said:

I personally would like specific tutorial on the tanks start to finish, inside and outside, I know it's really a lot of work but I would like to contribute to the growth of the community, and being a beginner I always seem to have done something wrong. If you have time I will send in PM screenshots of some model that I made and according to your experience tell me where I'm wrong or where I can improve and when to share your tips with everyone.

yes this seems like a great idea. I started out with tanks so i'd be very happy to help someone else do the same :) 

and yes of course you can send me screenshots of your model. I will try and offer any advice i can :)

15 minutes ago, radioheadmemes said:

I can't find that MAN truck you made on PWS, is it still up?

Check armaholic 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, radioheadmemes said:

I can't find that MAN truck you made on PWS, is it still up?

Wait what..I missed a Truck that came out?..damnit..lol

Diesel

• Like 1

er no sorry guys the MANtruck has not been released yet.... 

2 hours ago, Scotty_Z said:

Will the matv have hidden selection for retextures  

yes. i will make sure the uv's are laid out in a way that can be followed too

Introductory video to texturing in Blender/Arma is up. Its just a quick introduction that defines some of the key terms

to be familiar with when making textures. The actual process of texturing will begin tommorow lol.

I have included a link to the object we will be using in this series too. And please feel free to suggest topics for future tutorials :)

Burnes, thanks for this. I have really been looking for more information on texturing (beyond the whole just reskin stuff)... thank you thank you thank you!

Part 1 of actually texturing. Had to super edit to get this part under 15 minutes lol. There will be at least 6 parts to this series lol.

Sorry, this isn't strictly arma related but i wanted to psot it up so there is no confusion

On 08/03/2017 at 10:09 AM, 1LT Creech said:

Burnes, thanks for this. I have really been looking for more information on texturing (beyond the whole just reskin stuff)... thank you thank you thank you!

no problem Creech i'm glad i can be of help :) next part is uplaoding as we speak :)

Awesome sauce.

And thanks for this beasty

g09ycfT.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jeza said:

Awesome sauce.

And thanks for this beasty

g09ycfT.jpg

But wait until you see the new one.... :P

26 minutes ago, Foxone said:

@burnes15th It appears someone has uploaded all your work to Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=876582430

Not sure if they have permission!!

They did, at least a according to them and posted this as the evidence in the following mod page http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876527487
b66d7d9b99.png