Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

21 hours ago, evrik said:

Already started some preliminary work on the Foxhound (while I wait for the Husky and Panther....:whistle:), adding in our weapon ammo system, sounds etc... I am cleaning up the config, reducing the model count by adding in hidden selection textures, and creating the damage and destruct textures for the vehicle. I'll tweak the wheel destruction and we'll make sure that the vehicles have a series of visual LODs to reduce polys as they drive away. Once those are done, we can polish this thing to within an inch of its life by including opening doors (front and rear), fixing a few passenger animations, and other such improvements.  Gonna be great. Thanks for donating it! :icon_biggrin:

Slightly off topic but please for the love of god remove the drivers door!

Burnes promised to fix it for me some day!

Not sure I follow. Why wouldn't it have a drivers door?

7 minutes ago, evrik said:

Not sure I follow. Why wouldn't it have a drivers door?

They don't in real life, it's probably for extra driver protection. No break in the armour etc.

2012-320077-foxhound-armoured-vehicle-21

Huh, okay. Never noticed that. Most of the time it is covered by camo netting in the images. I'll have a look, but there are other more pressing matters to deal with at the moment.

Does the driver / co-driver get in from a front passenger door on the other side or from the rear double doors?

"The vehicle can be accessed through large rear doors, two top hatches or from the oversized commander's door."

quoting some website

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_Apollo said:

"The vehicle can be accessed through large rear doors, two top hatches or from the oversized commander's door."

quoting some website

this one

Looking really good. Personally would like to see some modern Weapon station variants also (Protector dual type stuff in various configs - would love to see ATGM and .50 cal HMG combination). As always keep up the good work and I'm sure the weather down there is better than Storm Doris that we're "enjoying" here in Blighty ;-)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Flax said:

They don't in real life, it's probably for extra driver protection. No break in the armour etc.

2012-320077-foxhound-armoured-vehicle-21

Lol there is a story behind why my foxhound has a driver door. 

Basically it was a commitee decision by the people running the 4thIB at the time. I did stress that IRL it doesnt have a driver door but they wanted a driver door so they got a driver door lol :P

more Oshkosh MATV screenies :)

16836335_10155845764140968_9137851880880

16836070_10155845764180968_2697931193007

16819489_10155845763975968_4739625093197

16992466_10155845765475968_5838041976929

26 minutes ago, Scotty_Z said:

are the top and side lights actually going to light up?

I don't see why not. could be an additional action menu entry.

Oh good golly thats so hot.

• Like 1

My god it's gorgeous.

Is it just going to be the version with the OGPK, or will there be other variants as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shomu1 said:

My god it's gorgeous.

Is it just going to be the version with the OGPK, or will there be other variants as well?

Yes other variants are planned. I've even been talkign with old friends from the 15th MEU realism unit about what other variants exist and what would be most useful :)

I have a friend in US SOF who uses the MATV for work, I'll ask him what variants he's been using in the past 6 months or so and post them here when I get I reply if you want?

I've shown him your progress pics and he really likes them, particularly your clutter in the rear area and antennas.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

I have a friend in US SOF who uses the MATV for work, I'll ask him what variants he's been using in the past 6 months or so and post them here when I get I reply if you want?

if he's part of jsoc then it would be the S.O. variant which has a crows system, sometimes a m240 in the back and the Duke anti-IED system 

2 hours ago, SuicideCommando said:

Very, very nice looking burnes. :tounge2:

LOL me or the MRAP :p haha

7 minutes ago, burnes15th said:

LOL me or the MRAP :p haha

Well, both. One more than the other. I'll let you guess which. ;)

• Like 2

Ok, he got back to me with a few version ideas. 

A command/HQ variant that can double as more of a transport if needed. Boosted range for the radio in TFAR/ARCE to represent the better equipment in a HQ vehicle. 

If you wanted it could have additional equipment for intelligence roles like cameras, or a TV screen to represent UAV's or something. Not sure if that's a think possible in-engine, if not a CROWS would be fine, or even just the camera without a main gunner cupola. 

A cargo or heavier version with the tray replaced with additional space. Could basically serve as a kind of MRAP/APC with 10-11 seats. 

'Short Bed' version. Would be a little faster and such, more like the JLTV. Similar to the Husky it would have 2 seats in the rear tray. 

I had images, they don't want to link.

3D9448B100000578-4255556-image-a-5_148793D9448B100000578-4255556-image-a-5_14879Day or so ago. Mosul

Edited by kklownboy
fail
  • Like 1

Figured I'd throw some more motivation into the ring.

i8agpgonv2fy.jpg

• Like 1