Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Welcome back! It was good to talk to you again. :)

Good to hear your ok..always worry and wonder when people just disappear..but everyone needs a break now and then.

Diesel

15 hours ago, burnes15th said:

Hey guys just thought i should let you all know I'm still alive and will be returning to arma soon-ish. April 11th to be precise. 

Will be posting up a video that might come as quite a shock but will explain everything far better than i could do here i think (and hope lol).

Anyway thank you to everyone who has been trying to police my steam workshop policy lol but tbh i'm thinking of just scrapping all the restrictions as its just to much of a pain to keep on top of even with amazing help from people like Foxhound at armaholic. I mean some of my mods are being handed off to others to work on anyway, the Foxhound, Husky and Panther for example are being given to 3CB to finish/improve and add to their british pack. plus a few others i have.

I will be returning to making content and tutorials though very soon, just a slightly different me that's all lol :P

Anyway thanks for all the messages guys. I'll be back soon :)

giphy.gif

• Like 4

haha yes i've started handing over the files to 3CB. my internet connection here in Australia is shit though so it takes ages to upload :P

11 hours ago, burnes15th said:

haha yes i've started handing over the files to 3CB. my internet connection here in Australia is shit though so it takes ages to upload :P

Welcome to the land of terrible uploads and downloads.

But hey, according to the NBN CEO - "Australian's wouldn't use fast internet if it was given to them for free"

Fantastic to hear you are back in business mate, best of luck finding a telco in straya that can handle the gigabytes of awesomeness you are now going to be transferring!

On 15/02/2017 at 9:54 AM, AIF_Infantrymen said:

What you moved to Australia!? what city/town

haha I'm in Cairns in Northern Queensland :P

On 15/02/2017 at 11:25 AM, willithappen said:

Welcome to the land of terrible uploads and downloads.

But hey, according to the NBN CEO - "Australian's wouldn't use fast internet if it was given to them for free"

Fantastic to hear you are back in business mate, best of luck finding a telco in straya that can handle the gigabytes of awesomeness you are now going to be transferring!

Yeah looking into getting a better service atm lol. atm i get about 0.4 up at the best of times so uploading even youtube videos would be a nightmare :P

ok guys so I was gonna hold off on doing this video until a lotl ater, the reasons for which are explained in the video but decided what the hell and did it now

this hasn't been easy to record and there is no easy way to explain it really so i'll just link the video and hope that people can understand my situation.

please be gentle guys...

Watched it,and i like it!

Your  new voice is awsome!

Would like to see some older pics if you dont mind.

Burnes, you are so talented and so brave. I can't imagine how hard this video was for you to make.

I think it's amazing you've taken the journey to find yourself and become yourself, which is a whole hell of a lot more ambitious than anything I've ever done in my life. In fact, it's inspiring.

All the best to you with the move and the surgery. Heal well. I love your Arma work to pieces and wish you the very best.

• Like 2

Good luck with everything. Just keep those top-notch mods coming :)

• Like 1

A very brave video Burnes. All the best with the surgery.  Looking forward to seeing you back on deck asap. Welcome to Australia.

• Like 1

Well done on releasing the video. I wish you a speedy recovery from the surgery!

• Like 3

I don't see anything to explain. At least not about your personal life. You are who you are.

It means nothing to me personally. Not in a dismissive sense though. I simply mean, If I'm going to judge someone, and we all do, I'll do it based on how that person interacts with myself and others. I've had friends in similar circumstances, so I know it's not a simple case of being who you are, and expecting everything will be rosy from then on. It does take courage to say "this is who I am", knowing full well that a lot of people will react with hostility. 

:smile_o:

• Like 9

Good for you Burnes.  Live and let live.  Just keep releasing quality addons :)

• Like 3

Saying well done for something like this seems a bit weird as it is something that no one else should be able to question or judge you about.  But well done for having the courage to stand up and let it be know.  For me I think the arma community is actually very forgiving and we are all here because we enjoy the game, and what you have given to this game and this community you more than anyone should get the support and dare I even say it the love that is deserved from us all.  I personally have used you're tutorials more times than I know to learn how to use Blender so thank you for that work and please keep it up.

• Like 3

hey Burnes, maybe it ain't so uncommon - one of my long-time clan-mates told us he was now a she, about 3 years ago.  I was really impressed that none of the lads freaked out, they all took it very calmly, and matter of factly, and supported our clan mate completely in her decision.  best of luck bud!

• Like 3

I understand why you held off and dreaded to do this video as it might shock a few people.

Personally i think it's very brave and you just do you, keep up the awesome work if you want and i'm sure you'll find arma is a big friendly community.

Hope the surgery goes well!

• Like 2

I was pretty surprised to say the least but judging by others' comments, I wasn't alone ;)

So whatever your route, we're all chasing the same dream; happiness.

I hope you you're getting closer to your destination.

Take care.

• Like 3

Only know you through the forums Burnes but it's great you're doing what needs to be done to be happy and most of all be you. 

Agree with the others, this is an incredible community and can't see why you shouldn't enjoy the respect and support for being who you are.

Surgery isn't fun regardless of what it's for, so all the best for the last few steps.

• Like 2