Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Sounds good, thanks. I'll see what the powers that be would like. Also, if you are now responsible for the mod, we might be able to provide you the BAF mine sweeper head we use on our backpack so that it could be included. We gave it to Mr Ewok to include as he gave us the initial detector model, but I don't think it was ever added. It would be great to be able to ACE interact and deploy the detector from our backpack.

or alternatively you could change the head to the one in EODS as every photo i see of british soldiers using a Vallon looks like the VMH3CS. to my eyes at least nothing in the Vallon product line looks like the 3CB head

That is of course an alternative. I think - and I could be wrong as this is from memory - that ours is modelled to look like the L77A1 metal detector. It could have been replaced I guess as it has been in service for a while.

I can confirm that the BAF use the Vallon

And a lovely piece of kit it is.... (When you remember to turn it on)

The VMH metal detector was what was generally referred to as "Vallon" but there were some other more advanced Vallon products used by British forces as well. Such as the VMR3 which has an additional ground-penetrating radar for picking up non-metal and low-metal-content IEDs and trigger devices. The VMR detector was officially called "Horn" in UK service originally, but IIRC later versions were called "Minehound".

There was also other detection kit like "Goldie" which was to detect command wires, and smaller hand-held detectors like "Hoodlum". But "Vallon" and "Horn" are what you normally see searchers using in photos.

Vallon and Hoodlum:

https://ukforcesafghanistan.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/royal-engr-iedd1.jpg

Horn:

https://britisharmy.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/amoc-cct-2013-149-658.jpg

Goldie on the left, Horn on the right:

https://britisharmy.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/talisman-group.jpg

Burnes, that backpack is fantastic. Sent you a pm about the minesweeper as well.

Hey,

When you are making more improvements to EODS is it possible to have the trigger guys in the random module spawn a little further away from the IED :) its a little to obvious at the moment who the trigger man is as he is only 20 ft away :)

Hi Burnes,

i was see, that you was show us a Video on the Leopard 2A4, are there any Progress since the Video was published by you, i mean this Video:

it was published over a year ago, and our Group really want a Leopard 2A4 and we search a nice Model to be used by our Group. It would be nice if you have some Informations on the Leopard 2A4 beside your other Mods and Work.

• Like 1

Hey Burnes (reported this on YouTube vid also),

There seems to be some conflict between eods and ace medical (basic medical anyway).

With eods running players don't go into the unconscious state when shot,blown up etc. If I take eods out ace medical runs as intended with us going unconscious.

PS it's not my medical settings. I have prevent instant death on and revive set to players only etc.

Thanks

Hey Burnes (reported this on YouTube vid also),

There seems to be some conflict between eods and ace medical (basic medical anyway).

With eods running players don't go into the unconscious state when shot,blown up etc. If I take eods out ace medical runs as intended with us going unconscious.

PS it's not my medical settings. I have prevent instant death on and revive set to players only etc.

Thanks

do you have a revive module down as well as the ace medical module?

do you have a revive module down as well as the ace medical module?

Yeah. As soon as I remove EODS tho the medical setting work perfectly. I test in multi-player and dedicated server. When I spawn I throw a grenade at my feet and die instantly everytime only when eods is running. I will not move to the revive state. Try mission again without EODS and I will go to revive state everytime. Hope that helps.

Confirmed.

We have the same issue and we had trouble tracking down the cause. Removed EODS from server and client and ACE Medical/Revive works again.

strange because we are using it in this capacity and are (as of yet) having no problems. I will investigate though and see if i can find a solution

in the meantime here is an update that has some minor changes to the random IED module

Any chance of the LCAC getting finished up? Really love that it can add options for offshore bases like this one I did for some testing.

arma3%202016-03-27%2006-09-40-11_zpsav0t

• Like 1

Btw I've made a video to outline my wishes on distribution of my content. Hopefully this will mean less cases of stuff being uploaded to PWS or Steam Workshop in future

Hey Burnes,

I've downloaded new version and I've narrowed down where the issue is coming from in regards to ACE3 Basic medical conflicts and dieing instantly etc.

Its is definitely tied to the suit PBO. If I remove that PBO to get rid of the text in bottom left corner it also fixes ace 3 medical and we go unconscious again :)

Must be something in how the suit handles damage etc that stops us going into revive state.

I have a suggestion/question about your incoming pressure plate ieds etc. Do you know if it would be possible to add the new ieds to the 3d editor minefield options from the site tab to use in fields for some randomness. I have a feeling a random ied module that works away from roads would be pretty difficult to make or control. I use the mine sites pretty often on a smaller scale ie, 100m, 1 random mine, then I choose the anti personnel mine as it is detected by your detectors and small :)

Copy and paste the module over areas I want random mines. Would be cool if I could choose one of your pressure plate ieds from the options available :)

Thanks for all your efforts so far. Love it!!