Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

I was using the RHS tanks as an example, they seem to be the most resilient...well apart from yours  ;)

Hey Burnes... Good to hear from you.

Very cool news on the release of Binaries.. I'm sure we'd love to pick some of those projects up specific to BAF units anyway....

Stay well

SJ

Are the source files available already?

I couldn't seem to find them on your channel.

haha yeah appreciate the defense man but I did say that people could tinker with the tanks to get them to suit how they'd like them set up.

Yeah as stated it hasn't been properly set up yet but i must stress it will never be compatible with RHS damage values. The 15thMEU do not use RHS therefore I do not use RHS.

None of my content will ever be set up for use with RHS (though some might work well just by chance)

Anyway guys I thought i'd fill you in on the absence. With university back in term I have been a bit pressed for time so I'm having to pick the modding projects I'm pursuing carefully. 

I've also been working with some guys on data recovery from my fucked SSD drive with all the old modding projects on it, so there might be fresh hope there. However due to time constraints I will probably be unable to work on them. I know a lot of people have been waiting for finishes/fixes to most of these projects though so I am going to just make all those projects publicly available unbinarized for others to work with. The content will be available for you to work with or alter however you see fit, completely without restriction. Only attribution will be required.

The download links will be exclusively on my youtube channel as my more recent releases have been:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYPE10gBDIYzFyFX2WI7w

This may even help some people who are trying to learn modding. a look 'under the hood' so to speak.

I will let you all know what kind of timeframe we are looking at if i can recover the data soon ;)

I'm still working on the ships and a few other things that you may have seen on my youtube channel when i have the time. So there will be news on those soon.

That's awesome.  Thank you sir.

I'm not a modder...but if anyone else gets around to tweaking the Challenger/M1 tanks, please post the links as both of those are so much more immersive to use than the standard vanilla/modded tanks.

Hello Burnes,
is there a command for the LCAC and/or LCU (in the editor) to spawn in an "inflated" and "loading" mode?
so in a beginning of a mission the LCAC will be ready to be mounted on and not swing around with the waves...

Thanks!

Hey Burnes, glad to hear you're still working on your stuff despite setbacks and time-management. I was wondering when/if you are going to release a public version (or is it to be bundled in with the EOD suite?) of your RG-31 Nyala which is currently featured in the 15th MEU recruit pack? That vehicle is by far one of my favorite MRAP type vehicles and is very well done. I just figured I would ask because I didn't see it mentioned with any of your other work. 

Hey Burnes, glad to hear you're still working on your stuff despite setbacks and time-management. I was wondering when/if you are going to release a public version (or is it to be bundled in with the EOD suite?) of your RG-31 Nyala which is currently featured in the 15th MEU recruit pack? That vehicle is by far one of my favorite MRAP type vehicles and is very well done. I just figured I would ask because I didn't see it mentioned with any of your other work. 

That is not my creation, I am fixing/fine tuning things like physX as contribution to EODS. The 15th have identified many of the remaining problems that are also being worked on or have already been fixed like aligning the weapon sights and occasional issues with its modules etc. I cannot say when another public release of EODS is coming as sadly I have not had the time recently to keep up to date with it. Last thing I was Working on was the dog for it. 

I would like to ask permission to include this mod in my combined pack for my server. I really like this mod and am creating a combined pack for my server and would like to include this one.

Just a heads up also guys, I've been remastering my tutorial videos and adding things like a cursor highlight on key buttons etc to make them easier to follow.

Once we are caught up I will be adding new videos to, continuing the process in making more complex mods.

the first remastered video is up now here

hopefully with these changes people will be able to follow along better :)

Hey Burnes, that's great news! I've been watching your tutorials as well and so far it was quite a struggle but I think I'm getting there. :) Thanks!

Hello Burnes, loving the vehicles, I oh-so missed the driver interior LODs from ArmA2's IFV, luckily RHS somewhat brought that back, but I'm a big fan of the FV4034, being a Brit and all :P

Serious question now, will you either make the CH2 either totally redundant from all mod usage? Or will you incorporate it with ACE2? As far as I can tell, AGM is redundant, replaced by ACE. And I'm pretty sure, as of the moment the tank behaves strange when using ACE and the vehicle. 

I know it would be nice to have ACE + the CH2, though you could just make it standalone from all mods? That would be an easy solution for the time being.

Oh, and why can't we change the flag on the side of the tank from Scots to UK? Did you break the script for that?

Really love the US Navy LCAC! Will you ever be making the Japanese Variant? :) Not much different other then it has a light grey/white metal color and has the Japanese flag on it. Thanks! Great mod however! Have a nice day! :)

So if you guys remember, in some of Burnes' videos about the tanks and showing off some updates that there was a little thing that I had worked on for Burnes to implement in his current tanks. These changes were to be introduced in the next update however due to Burnes' SSD containing all of the mods that we was working on dying it was never released.

Yesterday I had a chat with Burnes and he gave me permission to release the files, which I have converted to work in their own separate .pbo's to work with the current versions of the Challenger 2 and M1A1 SA.

There are a few things that were to be added that never were added still left in such as the ability to have TUSK or ERA added on.

For those who would like to tinker feel free, I've added in lots of variables such as being able to choose between flags, ammo and such.

Have fun!

Downloads

Challenger 2 CDU

M1A1 SA CDU

Source stuff

Challenger 2 CDU Source

M1A1 SA CDU Source

key(bikey)

Edited by lala14

Thank you lala14! Btw how hard is it to switch to ACE3 FCS since AGM is deprecated?

• Like 1

Thank you lala14! Btw how hard is it to switch to ACE3 FCS since AGM is deprecated?

+1

and will be a pw6 update version?

thanks a lot 4 your work!!!

Bye 

Is there normal that i dont have First person weapon sounds almost at all? I changed depedencies for ACE 3, if i can (get the permission) i can release fix.

EDIT:
Sorry, Dyna sound was the sound bug fault.

Is there any hope on recovering the models or should we mourn the passing of the unbinarized sources?

Hey Burnes, I really like your MK10 LCU. I tried making some changes to it, mainly in the way the attachment system works. Would you be interested in me sending them to you?

hey guys, does anyone know if the Leopard 2 demo that was announced in summer is online somewhere?

Can any of the landing craft seat large amounts of people, for beach landings?

Sorry guys had no luck on the unbinarized files. Drive was useless.

I'm working on somethIng now with Siddy that will include the ship assets and a few new things not tried before so hopefully I will have some news on that soon.

Sort of a game mode/scenario package.

Also

Anyone looking to join a British Army realism unit are welcome to join us at the 4th Infantry Brigade

http://www.4thinfantrybrigade.co.uk/

We welcome all nationalities and all levels of arma expereinced players. We run weekly operations/trainings on Saturdays as well as a persistent Alive Deployment as can be seen below

I have seen all of your Sanginvids.

Very entertaining and nicley edited!!