Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

hey guys just thought i'd let you know that I'm getting back into the swing of things now and working on a bunch of updates/finishes to these projects.

however from this point on all news and download links will be exclusively here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GameDevByrne?gvnc=1

files will be downloadable from their release videos and these files will not be hosted/linked elsewhere.

a test version of the Foxhound LPPV is available there right now.

hopefully there will be some new content available very soon ;)

Can't wait to hear more from the Warrior IFV! I love the Challenger too!

Keep up the good work!

Sorry for this goofy question, but are there any news about Leopard family :)?

Hey Burnes15th - couldn´t you at least point in here whenever you release or update your vehicles? No big deal downloading from your channel on YT, but a quick headsup here wouldn´t hurt, right? Or at least grant other people to post here whenever you update/release something through YT channel, alright? ;)

cheers!

;2952233']Hey Burnes15th - couldn´t you at least point in here whenever you release or update your vehicles? No big deal downloading from your channel on YT' date=' but a quick headsup here wouldn´t hurt, right? Or at least grant other people to post here whenever you update/release something through YT channel, alright? ;)

cheers![/quote']

or you could just subscribe.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Sorry for this goofy question, but are there any news about Leopard family :)?

i'll post a video soon. last time i worked on it i was making textures for the A4. hopefully i'll get them done quickly ;)

or you could just subscribe.

I already have (even before posting it here...), but I´ve subscribed to many channels and YT spamms a lot my mailbox, I´m just worried some releases would pass by unnoticed... but anyway, that´s your call =)

cheers!

Why do modders feel the need to make it so hard for the community to keep their mods up to date. I don't understand the thinking behind putting your freely available content behind walled gardens. Why not use established sites like Armaholic, setup specifically for the purpose of helping people keep up to date with their favourite mods instead of checking 100 different places daily.

I don't understand the short sighted behaviour, 50 extra views to your youtube channel a month isn't going to make you rich...

Sorry for the outburst but I'm increasingly seeing modders making it harder and harder for people to get at their content. It's becoming a really frustrating new trend in this community where everyone is scrapping to make a quick buck, and that's not really why they should get into modding in the first place.

Edited by alexcroox

Why do modders feel the need to make it so hard for the community to keep their mods up to date. I don't understand the thinking behind putting your freely available content behind walled gardens. Why not use established sites like Armaholic, setup specifically for the purpose of helping people keep up to date with their favourite mods instead of checking 100 different places daily.

I don't understand the short sighted behaviour, 50 extra views to your youtube channel a month isn't going to make you rich...

Sorry for the outburst but I'm increasingly seeing modders making it harder and harder for people to get at their content. It's becoming a really frustrating new trend in this community where everyone is scrapping to make a quick buck, and that's not really why they should get into modding in the first place.

Well just remember that Burnes (& mostly other modders) do this for free, Burnes (or the modder) is obliged to do whatever they want with their content and can post it wherever they feel like it. He could just not release his mods at all in the end.

Oh I completely appreciate that and think he's done a fantastic job and probably sacrificed a huge amount of his spare time to bring us these wonderful creations, and yes visiting a YT page isn't a huge deal on it's own, but when you try and manage 20+ different mods you can understand how hard it becomes as a server/unit admin to keep things up to date. I just don't know why people feel the need to avoid tools created to make this process easy for everyone.

50 extra views to your youtube channel a month isn't going to make you rich...

but every little helps , as tesco put it. The goal for most people like me isnt to 'get rich' but to somehow find the time to put in what often amount to full-time hours of unpaid work and still do something that actually pays the bills on top of it. trying to make a living basically. Youtube is a great way to make at least some of that time not a complete loss to the modder, especially if they have family or dependants who they support. Youtube also allows me to showcase other projects i am working on that I can actually release commercially down the line.

I'm sorry if i slightly inconvenience you (first world problems aye) but i think the fact that all this content is free (and isn't updated all that often really) makes it a fair deal in the end. Believe me i get far far less out of this arrangemnt than you do in terms of time invested for returns gained. I could just stop and focus entirely on commercial projects. I almost did infact. But in the end I felt like i would be letting a lot of community members down to not deliver on the projects i said i would. So its not about making a 'quick buck', its about financing the enourmous amount of time required to DO this in any way i can.

Sorry for the outburst

apology accepted.

Probably going to upset some people here and all the usual that comes with these conversations, that's not my intention :)

If you're putting full time hours into unpaid projects (and by unpaid I assume you mean it serves no benefit or provides no self motivated payment like experience or self satisfaction what so ever) then maybe tone it back a bit? I'm not trying to be funny, it's just a lot of modders say "We put all our lives into these mods" etc and yes, you do. We all hugely appreciate it but no one asked modders to get into modding. Everyone does it for their own reasons. Publicly releasing a mod is a commitment that you choose to make, and one that you can choose to withdraw at any point if it becomes too great.

Personally I love the work you do Burnes, the Chally 2 is great, we've filled a large gap in our clans capabilities with your Mk10 landing craft and I'm looking forward to the MAN SV which is another nice detail in the British themed mods scene. What I am concerned about is that any and all updates or releases to these are going to slip by because frankly I don't check the 100 or so updates youtube throws at me a day and I'm doubting it's worth the extra effort on top of the amount of things I have to do each day myself. Don't forget your users are people too with families, commitments, wants and needs.

If you think this is a dig at you I'm sorry it's not, the fact that I enjoy your work enough to even post my concerns shows I'd prefer not to lose track of it. I'm just struggling to grasp what you hope to achieve from this I guess.

Probably going to upset some people here and all the usual that comes with these conversations, that's not my intention :)

If you're putting full time hours into unpaid projects (and by unpaid I assume you mean it serves no benefit or provides no self motivated payment like experience or self satisfaction what so ever) then maybe tone it back a bit? I'm not trying to be funny, it's just a lot of modders say "We put all our lives into these mods" etc and yes, you do. We all hugely appreciate it but no one asked modders to get into modding. Everyone does it for their own reasons. Publicly releasing a mod is a commitment that you choose to make, and one that you can choose to withdraw at any point if it becomes too great.

Personally I love the work you do Burnes, the Chally 2 is great, we've filled a large gap in our clans capabilities with your Mk10 landing craft and I'm looking forward to the MAN SV which is another nice detail in the British themed mods scene. What I am concerned about is that any and all updates or releases to these are going to slip by because frankly I don't check the 100 or so updates youtube throws at me a day and I'm doubting it's worth the extra effort on top of the amount of things I have to do each day myself. Don't forget your users are people too with families, commitments, wants and needs.

If you think this is a dig at you I'm sorry it's not, the fact that I enjoy your work enough to even post my concerns shows I'd prefer not to lose track of it. I'm just struggling to grasp what you hope to achieve from this I guess.

I'm not offended don't worry, you make valid points and all concerns are noted.

A phrase i like to use often is "it is what it is", and this is one of those occasions, for both sides of the discussion.

I think the best course of action is if i post here informing the community of updates and provide a link to the relevent video where the download link is available. seems reasonable to me.

Mate that's all we're after. Thank you very much :) More than happy to give you the views and subscribes you ask for, like you say it's a tiny price to ask for in return. Hopefully there's more ways we can support you in the future.

challenger 2 version 12 download now available. I explain the changes in the video but there is also
a brief changelog in the description

just a heads up, dropbox didnt sync o nthe last upload so I'm reuploading now. will take a few minutes but the same link should be good ;)

EDIT - upload is compelte

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Test version of the Foxound is now avaiable to btw

V2 of the MK10

Edited by Guest

Updated mod v0.12 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Burnes15th , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

So, what exactly is the license here? Mirroring not allowed? Mirroring allowed? Mirror only allowed for one specific party?

Updated mod v0.12 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/286522c6-be73-4fc5-b373-ad6d634e0405/logos/banner-420x120.png

Hey Burnes15th , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

hmmm, I'm pretty sure both the video description and my recent posts have stated not to host these files elsewhere. Please do not mirror these files, thank you.

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

So, what exactly is the license here? Mirroring not allowed? Mirroring allowed? Mirror only allowed for one specific party?

no i am currently not allowing mirroring. this may change in future depending on circumstances and I am very grateful for all the support you have shown my content in the past Foxhound

but for the time being at least I wish for downloads to be limited to my own source.

hmmm, I'm pretty sure both the video description and my recent posts have stated not to host these files elsewhere. Please do not mirror these files, thank you.

no i am currently not allowing mirroring. this may change in future depending on circumstances and I am very grateful for all the support you have shown my content in the past Foxhound

but for the time being at least I wish for downloads to be limited to my own source.

Sorry my bad, misunderstood the text. Will remove the mods again. If you change your mind, let me know. You can also host the content your self on our network and take full control on presentation and distribution.

I can understand your reasoning Burnes as you would like more hits on your youtube account but as a member of 3CB this makes me really sad as we have the rules that we can only use mods on PW6 as it make updating mods both on a personal and server level alot easier than having to individually download and keep them up to date.

I hope you keep up the good work as the stuff you have already created is amazing, but I do hope you look again at this decision at some point in the future.

may i offer an alternative: instead of mirroring your links and stuff ask armaholic to put your youtube link as download, that way people like me who thought that your mods were abandoned for 6 months until i clicked on bis forum link, know that you work on them but the downloads are no longer where i expected them to be(thats your choice). my alternative here is to ask them to put a notification on your armaholic page saying that the new update is up for grab but on dropbox and youtube, that way when i check on armaholic like i do every week, i see that you have another update, go to YOUR OWN link(not a mirror) and download it. im sure foxhound can work something up.

That's because Burnes has removed all the files and moved them to his youtube page, if you want to download any of his mods you need to go there from now on.