Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Sure, I'm not suggesting it's not a good thing to add just that if such a thing is going to be done (and from what you say it ought to be) it should be done as a separate addon that enables it for all vehicles of a class.

its a good idea i'll look into putting it together :)

Outstanding work Burnes. I know I've been testing it for a bit, but this release still has me just as excited.

I'll be sure get the guys together and run some tests with RAM to, we just switched over to RPG-7's and T-55/T-72's from the CSAT stufff, so it'll be a pretty good benchmark. We'll let you know what we find.

Going to be a nice final weekend for the old tank, guess we'll have to give her a proper send-off :D

Will you ever do a loadout menu, similar to the one for the AH-64D Apache Longbow or FA18 Super Hornet mods? It'd be a perfect setup for this mod. Maybe even allow the tanker to change the tank's munitions, too. (Canisters, SABOT, HEAT, MPAT (has significantly less armor penetration I think, but can kill light armor), etc.)

Will you ever do a loadout menu, similar to the one for the AH-64D Apache Longbow or FA18 Super Hornet mods? It'd be a perfect setup for this mod. Maybe even allow the tanker to change the tank's munitions, too. (Canisters, SABOT, HEAT, MPAT (has significantly less armor penetration I think, but can kill light armor), etc.)

yes this has been planned for a long time (along with acttive loading for the laoder) I've just been a little complacent in actually getting on with implementing it lol :p Might try and get it in for the next version.

also here is the Foxhound being modelled and textured for anyone who's intersted in that sort of thing:

Thats awesome, i might have to slow it down a bit though :)

I noticed your leclerc vid aswell and i hope more of those come, i've been looking for a good tutorial from start to finish of how to get something ingame for those of us who cant wrap their head around it on their own :cool:

Thats awesome, i might have to slow it down a bit though :)

I noticed your leclerc vid aswell and i hope more of those come, i've been looking for a good tutorial from start to finish of how to get something ingame for those of us who cant wrap their head around it on their own :cool:

im planning on starting up a complete guide tutorial series on my channel this week actually, going through every step in detail from start to finish

*when the commander is turned out, can't aim down the sights of his M2, Ins key simply doubles as the zoom-in

*you can close the commander's hatch while turned out

Edited by sorophx

when the loader turns out, shooting the M240 makes the gun powder cloud appear at the gunner's muzzle, not loader's

Known issues/unfinished areas:

Loader gun gas effect still comes from the coaxial. still looking into that one.

Already known.

Hi Burnes,

I'm looking to get your LCU Mk10 onto our public server - 50 guys all telling us we should be using it! And they're right!!

However, I'm an RPT obsessive in order to keep the server stable, and we still have the texture error that Serjames reported a little while back:

"Warning Message: Cannot load texture burnes_lcac\data\lcacdeck.paa."

<repeats>

Would you be able to take a look see please and put out an update? pretty please :-)

Cheers,

Apollo

Challenger is one of the best Tank (in game) we have used. Excellent work with lot of details. We are waiting for T90 (maybe the M???) and Leclerc.

But your choose of AGM dependencies make us dump it because we use another medical system (modified XMS) than AGM. And with PWS, it download, and activate, the complete AGM. Even medical.

Do you will use forever AGM dependencies or another system ?

Thanks by the way.

Challenger is one of the best Tank (in game) we have used. Excellent work with lot of details. We are waiting for T90 (maybe the M???) and Leclerc.

But your choose of AGM dependencies make us dump it because we use another medical system (modified XMS) than AGM. And with PWS, it download, and activate, the complete AGM. Even medical.

Do you will use forever AGM dependencies or another system ?

Thanks by the way.

I'm going to say it again for the people at the back. AGM IS MODULAR

further WIP improvements to the challenger 2 detailing. Should also have images of the fully textured Leopards very soon, its going well.

arma3_2015_03_03_06_10_09_364.jpg

arma3_2015_03_03_06_11_17_799.jpg

arma3_2015_03_03_06_10_29_568.jpg

arma3_2015_03_03_06_10_39_937.jpg

arma3_2015_03_03_06_10_54_683.jpg

arma3_2015_03_03_06_34_25_916.jpg

Edited by Guest

sh!t Burnes, I've created an account after months of following your stuff on this thread and youtube. I refresh this thing and youtube every few hours just to see if there are any updates. Myself and the guys I play with oggle the insides of your Abrams with insane passion. Its beyond love, its lust. Months ago, when I entered the drivers hole and looked down and saw the t-bar, it reminded me of my first time (that I drove the beast). I then tried to make love to the breach, but alas, there are no controls for that, let alone a proper animation. My keyboard takes the brunt of this.

With this most recent update, the sound has me all excited. I sit in my chair and turn my speakers all the way up till my ears start bleeding and just sit and start the engine over and over and over again. I do have a few comments and questions:

The textures on both the desert and the woodland Abrams appear to be a tad off. Dont get me wrong, the paint chips and weathering is awesome, but I think the overall tone is just a little too light. I know its still being worked on, but what is the status on the roadwheels? Will they be textured with the release of your sep2? It also needs more dirt!

The start up of the Abrams is spot on. I dont know where you got it from, but its legit. I saw your youtube video and you talked about it needing more work. Overall, the sound is much improved over the stock sounds, but the whistle is too pronounced. There should be a humming/buzzing sound constantly there. Im sure you know what Im talking about. Also, when we turn with the things, we apply more power to keep the ride smooth. The engine should reflect this.

Internally, not much needs work for an sep2. I think you know it too, but the current model reflects the A2, not the A1. The handle for the TC could be looked at. It needs to be fatter on top and more buttons. Also, with the TCs screens, the CITV in reality has a green tint like the gunners, not the current grey. Again, more stupid stuff, but the CROWS display should be on the bottom screen. The top screen is only for the CITV. More nitnoise, do you have plans to model the CROWS box inside the turret? If, and only if we were going for an extremely realistic model, you should model cans of grizzly wintergreen all over the turret along with empty water bottles filled with spittle. That would be really cool.

Too bad there isnt a way to model the smell of burnt propellant, testicular sweat, oil and gas. Any word on the loaders code being implemented? I know you mentioned it in another video. Maybe you could model a grease gun too, so we can do track tension after we get done running them.

Overall, its a game, and I just happy to have an Abrams at home I can fight in and drink beer. Internal stuff, its what ever. Focus on the external and sound!!!

That being said, I sit and wait till your M1A2sepV2 gets here. Keep up the good work. I CAN NOT wait any longer.

Ha great first post.... loving the enthusiasm ! :)

Chally is looking great man.

sh!t Burnes, I've created an account after months of following your stuff on this thread and youtube. I refresh this thing and youtube every few hours just to see if there are any updates. Myself and the guys I play with oggle the insides of your Abrams with insane passion. Its beyond love, its lust.

haha thanks man I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so far :)

Months ago, when I entered the drivers hole and looked down and saw the t-bar, it reminded me of my first time (that I drove the beast). I then tried to make love to the breach, but alas, there are no controls for that, let alone a proper animation. My keyboard takes the brunt of this.

With this most recent update, the sound has me all excited. I sit in my chair and turn my speakers all the way up till my ears start bleeding and just sit and start the engine over and over and over again. I do have a few comments and questions:

The textures on both the desert and the woodland Abrams appear to be a tad off. Dont get me wrong, the paint chips and weathering is awesome, but I think the overall tone is just a little too light. I know its still being worked on, but what is the status on the roadwheels? Will they be textured with the release of your sep2? It also needs more dirt!

The start up of the Abrams is spot on. I dont know where you got it from, but its legit. I saw your youtube video and you talked about it needing more work. Overall, the sound is much improved over the stock sounds, but the whistle is too pronounced. There should be a humming/buzzing sound constantly there. Im sure you know what Im talking about. Also, when we turn with the things, we apply more power to keep the ride smooth. The engine should reflect this.

yeah I'm also not happy with the sounds as they are right now, especially as you point out that the engine reaches a sort of monotone too quickly. I'll endevour to find the right sounds to use though so hopefully this will improve by the next version

Internally, not much needs work for an sep2. I think you know it too, but the current model reflects the A2, not the A1.

yes, as i said in the release notes the interiors atm are just a slightly improved version of the old ones, this is just a stopgap though while i am still working on the new ones with correct systems for both the M1A1 and M1A2.

The handle for the TC could be looked at. It needs to be fatter on top and more buttons. Also, with the TCs screens, the CITV in reality has a green tint like the gunners, not the current grey.

yes as a steel beasts player i know how the CDU screen looks and would love to e able to reproduce it in arma (same for the gunners thermal optic screen) but sadly arma only provides one thermal colour selection for PiP monitors, the grey one. if you switch it to night vision though (and its at night lol) it looks more correct :p

Again, more stupid stuff, but the CROWS display should be on the bottom screen. The top screen is only for the CITV.

yes true, but as we wont be using the CITV (although i did consider it lol, considered possibly with automatic scanning motion too) and the top screen is about eye level (good for PiP if you're using it that way lol) i thought this would be an ok compromise

More nitnoise, do you have plans to model the CROWS box inside the turret? If, and only if we were going for an extremely realistic model, you should model cans of grizzly wintergreen all over the turret along with empty water bottles filled with spittle. That would be really cool.

I'm remodeilling the M1A1 interior so it has the correct, non SEP CDU, commanders systems. It might not work as well in the M1A2 depending on how it is layed out (will need to find some source materials as they dont have crows in steel beasts yet :p) but if its feasable i would consider it sure.

Too bad there isnt a way to model the smell of burnt propellant, testicular sweat, oil and gas. Any word on the loaders code being implemented? I know you mentioned it in another video. Maybe you could model a grease gun too, so we can do track tension after we get done running them.

actually wokring on the loader system right now, once the proff of concept is done as a backbone I'll look into making it animated and interactive (goes for the commander and gunner positions too, i want to have working buttons and controls a la perals a10 mod)

Overall, its a game, and I just happy to have an Abrams at home I can fight in and drink beer. Internal stuff, its what ever. Focus on the external and sound!!!

That being said, I sit and wait till your M1A2sepV2 gets here. Keep up the good work. I CAN NOT wait any longer.

haha it's almost here thats a promise. :D

Bucklehead owns the internet for today people, just to make sure everybody understands that :D

Bucklehead owns the internet for today people, just to make sure everybody understands that :D

haha indeed . I have to say though that the CITV idea has given me a thought. that it could be set up so your optic view is the crows system but the PiP monitor displays the vierw from the CITV turret on the A2 and you can set it to scan an arc automatically like on the real thing. might be interesting.

While we're all having good ideas..... What about working up some sort of slaved Hunter Killer system ?

SJ

The CITV idea was pretty damned amazing. If something like what you are saying could be done in the ArmA engine, that would be pretty amazing.

I'm going to say it again for the people at the back. AGM IS MODULAR

We know about that. That's why we use modified AGM AND modified XMS. But with PWS, can you choose ? Because it download and use ALL AGM.