Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

In case you havent noticed the video yet....

Major Boggie, one of the people who is making videos for the Armaholic youtube channel, has created a new video featuring your latest version of the FV4034 Challenger 2 TES. I hope you will enjoy watching it:

If anyone who makes videos sees this and is interested to co-operate with Armaholic to be part of our increasing youtube channel just sent me a PM!

Regarding the AGM dependency, is there a specific .pbo module the Challenger needs or is it just AGM_Core.pbo? I only ask as I know AGM is modular, but there are quite a few of them there lol.

Keep up the great work & Happy NY!

:)

Regarding the AGM dependency, is there a specific .pbo module the Challenger needs or is it just AGM_Core.pbo? I only ask as I know AGM is modular, but there are quite a few of them there lol.

Burnes would have to give the definite answer on that, but I believe it requires just AGM_Core to actually work. However, I think the "Works best with" statement would apply to AGM's Fire control system.

I installed M1 Abrams last week and was playing with it for whole weekend. I really enjoy this mod but every time I press preview button in the editor I got a message like this:

15592901414_cf2efd4e7d_b.jpgarma3-2015-01-06-16-33-11-2 by dulpiotr

And the desert version tank is loaded in plain green texture! I've installed this mod using Play withSIX.

CR2 v10 Beta seems to want AGM_Core. Is that intentional? Edit: d'oh, helps if I actually read the change notes.

Incidentally, how much time do you want to spend making the sights realistic? I could knock up some sketches of what they look like if you want but it's really semantics given the current sights work in game, even if they're not technically 100% correct (TI sight in particular). After all, who would know!

hey again friznit, yes I've been trying to work on more realistic optics but the problem i have at the minute is i have no idea how to get animated parts in the optics model to work. things like indicators for loaded round or bearing etc. Still trying to figure out the animation sources etc in the model.cfg on that one but your input and suggestions here will be very helpful along with those you've previously shared :)

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

In case you havent noticed the video yet....

Major Boggie, one of the people who is making videos for the Armaholic youtube channel, has created a new video featuring your latest version of the FV4034 Challenger 2 TES. I hope you will enjoy watching it:

If anyone who makes videos sees this and is interested to co-operate with Armaholic to be part of our increasing youtube channel just sent me a PM!

thanks for posting and for all the uploads to armaholic ;)

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

you only technically 'need' the agm_core pbo but the intention is to use the AGM fire control system pbo too. For anyone who wants to avoid other agm features just remove all other pbo's and you'll be set.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

I installed M1 Abrams last week and was playing with it for whole weekend. I really enjoy this mod but every time I press preview button in the editor I got a message like this:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7574/15592901414_cf2efd4e7d_b.jpgarma3-2015-01-06-16-33-11-2 by dulpiotr

And the desert version tank is loaded in plain green texture! I've installed this mod using Play withSIX.

yeah there are plenty o' bugs in the version thats available atm. new version will be ready this week though and will be (largely) bug free :)

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

I refresh Armaholic by the hour anticipating for the HMS Bulwark. I think its great that you're going to give the UK and EU some love. Its not always the US thats under the spotlight. :)

Thanks for your work & dedication!

haha yeah shouldn't be too long on that one either now. Have been modelling out the Well-dock and its pretty cool seeing 4 MK10's in there. :D

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Awesome job, man) cant wait for the T90)

btw RHS planning to make T-90MS Tagil in future and it would be great if you could make interiors for that as well later on)

keep up the great work)

P.S.

You might know it but I think it wont hurt to say that Steel Beast wiki has some basic info on T90S that I assume you are already making.

I could also dig in some Russian websites and translate some stuff for you if you want )

Edit 1: Challenger 2 stuff I found. I don't know if is only me, but when I'm trying to get into the loader position my character switches to driver or completely gets kicked out of the tank

and this thing is literally unkillable....I think I tried to shot it with every vanilla and RHS:Escalation ATs and Tanks....and it keeps standing 100% battle ready. the only time I was actually able to deliver some damage was from the other challenger...weird....is anyone experiencing the same thing?

Other then that the mod is epic...I think I even wet my pants a little...need to check again brb

It's basically set up exclusively for RAM atm. that's the Real Armor Mod. I will look into making suitable adjustments to the hitpoint system in the next version. I realized the other day that I think RAM does away with the Hitpoints used by vanilla A3 so my balancing for RAM probably doesnt work very well without RAM installed.

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

some more progress on modeling out the SCWS. this time on an M1A1 SA. the black patch on the CITV mount is caused by the shadow lod not being altered from the M1A2 version yet. that will be fixed.

abrams1.jpg

abrams2.jpg

abrams3.jpg

arma3_2015_01_02_10_42_27_637.jpg

Thanks for the answer Burns :)

Can't wait both for US and new German Eq - Leo 2A4 <3

Little more progress on the texturing/functonality front. University is picking up a bit again atm so bit slower getting things done..

arma3_2015_01_08_22_15_42_894.jpg

arma3_2015_01_08_22_16_39_141.jpg

arma3_2015_01_08_22_17_25_848.jpg

arma3_2015_01_08_22_18_02_580.jpg

arma3_2015_01_08_22_19_21_754.jpg

arma3_2015_01_08_22_20_39_306.jpg

arma3_2015_01_08_22_21_55_658.jpg

arma3_2015_01_08_22_23_34_440.jpg

CHALLENGER 2

since the last update, it seems the Arctic challenger is no more Arctic :/

http://i.imgur.com/b9U2beK.jpg (353 kB)

hmm, that shouldn't be accessable its scope it set to 1. Its not a bug it's not finished so i removed it from editor selection. In future i'll be sure to actually remove the config entries entirely rather than just changing the scope

hmm, that shouldn't be accessable its scope it set to 1. Its not a bug it's not finished so i removed it from editor selection. In future i'll be sure to actually remove the config entries entirely rather than just changing the scope

You mean that the Arctic version will disappear ? :confused_o:

Say no ....

I think the Artic version is still going through texture changes. I don't think he will fully remove it seeing as there are some Maps out with snow :)

You mean that the Arctic version will disappear ? :confused_o:

Say no ....

the Arctic version will not disappear but it will probably be a Multi-Spectral covering rather than a white paint scheme as this seems more likely IRL.

Also due to the volume of University work i have to complete atm I am sorry to announce that there will be no more releases until after the 22nd of January, possibly even the 27th. Again I'm sorry to all those guys waiting for things but i have to prioritize real life you know?

I can relate to that mate, Just started back at college, Monday killed me and today was just me wanting to sleep. Will see you on when your available :D

the Arctic version will not disappear but it will probably be a Multi-Spectral covering rather than a white paint scheme as this seems more likely IRL.

Also due to the volume of University work i have to complete atm I am sorry to announce that there will be no more releases until after the 22nd of January, possibly even the 27th. Again I'm sorry to all those guys waiting for things but i have to prioritize real life you know?

Don't worry, take your time dude, you are doing so well, you deserve to focus on what's matters for you =) (like college, for exemple xD)

I was just asking for the Arctic because I play on old snow maps and I don't lost hope one day a new snow map will arise :p

Stupid question time:

How do i get the optics to zoom? I got the commander optic to zoom all the way out purely by accident and i don't have a clue how. Tried everything.

+ & - ?

Well Burnes, that ain't the best of news, but do what You gotta do :) Good luck man.

Yeah I figured it out. I need to change keys around as I have a TKL keyboard with no number pad.

Basically I'm being an idiot. Had the same problems with RHS tanks. Sigh.....

As promised, the video of our test last Saturday.

Karneck and/or Burnes,

In this video, its obvious that the AAVs are amphibious and able to function both on land and in the water. I have the latest version of Burnes' AAV. The AAV preforms fine on land, but as soon as it enters the water, I am unable to control it in any way, it simply bobs up and down as its momentum carries it away from shore. Can you please explain to me how you were able to get full amphibious functionality?

I am working on a game mode that combines the recently released LHD mod from ATLAS which is exceptionally high quality, and Burnes' LCAC and AAV mods.

In the video you are using the LPD-29, which as I've mentioned in the past on this thread, causes LCACs to explode in the well deck when playing on a dedicated server. So far, in testing, the ATLAS LHD Mod hasn't encountered that issue, and it looks promising that I can finally incorporate Burnes' exceptional LCAC mod into a full multiplayer environment.

hey Burnes i sent you a PM about the joint op this Saturday, I got work off for it. Talk to me on steam if you can, We are using AGM, MASSI's US Marines and vehicles and your challenger. and TFAR of course. hope to hear from you soon.

Hi. I'm trying to use LCAC in my EpochMod on Arma 3.

When I place LCAC in editor it works great.

However if I spawn the vehicle using my server mission script, it comes out all twisted and screwed-up like previously reported by another user here:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180092-Burnes-Armories-Tanks-and-Deployment-Vehicles&p=2850738&viewfull=1#post2850738

Here are some samples:

6iv1xt.jpg

ouy0cl.jpg

e84h7a.jpg

1z68da1.jpg

I use the following code to spawn the vehicle:

_veh = createVehicle ["Burnes_LCAC_1",[(_position select 0),(_position select 1),(_position select 2)], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
clearWeaponCargoGlobal _veh;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _veh;
_vehdir = round(random 360);
_veh setDir _vehdir;

My missiong.sqf file contains the following addons:

addOns[] = {"A3_Soft_F_Car","A3_Soft_F_Quadbike","a3_soft_f_beta_quadbike","A3_Boat_F_Civilian_Boat","A3_Boat_F_Boat_Transport_01","A3_Air_F_Heli_Light_01","A3_Air_F_Heli_Heli_Transport_04","A3_Air_F_Heli_Heli_Transport_03","a3_map_altis","a3_characters_f_gamma","A3_Characters_F_OPFOR","A3_Characters_F_INDEP","A3_Characters_F_Civil","A3_epoch_config","a3_characters_f","A3_Data_F_Curator_Virtual","h3","DAR_HMMWV","Rup_Dinosaurs","Test_boat_F"};
addOnsAuto[] = {"A3_epoch_config","a3_map_altis","Test_boat_F"};

Please help! There is no alternative to your LCAC and I'd love to use it on my server.