Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

That phot's getting on a fair bit judging by the Bedfords on board; for at least the last 6/7 years they're as in the phot I linked. Anyway, keep up the good work.

I'll make sure the colours are correct for the next version :)

EDIE - also there is still much detail to be added, especially to the rear which hasn't been modelled out yet fully

CR2 v10 Beta seems to want AGM_Core. Is that intentional? Edit: d'oh, helps if I actually read the change notes.

Incidentally, how much time do you want to spend making the sights realistic? I could knock up some sketches of what they look like if you want but it's really semantics given the current sights work in game, even if they're not technically 100% correct (TI sight in particular). After all, who would know!

Edited by friznit2

With assistance yet again from Feint, he was able to put into the scripting to not allow it to exceed 23 KM/H forwards or backwards. Huge thanks to him again for the help and allowing us to use his mod onto the AAV. On January the 10th the 15th MEU will be conducting a large scale test with the AAV of which I will be recording and be sure to post here. The 1st ever ship to shore in ARMA 3 with AAV's. The crews in the 15th MEU are incredibly excited.

anyway for us to acess the guns on the mk10 ?

Not yet

Looking forward to the 10ths test. Seeing Gator actually do ship to shore is going to be amazing.

Edited by Unit757

the challenger has an issue with PWS mate..

upon booting arma 3 up it says addon requires AGM_core or something.

can you check if PWS is missing any required files.

the challenger has an issue with PWS mate..

upon booting arma 3 up it says addon requires AGM_core or something.

can you check if PWS is missing any required files.

Read the changelog or the actual error: You need AGM now.

yeah but what i mean is PWS is supposed to do all this for me buddy.

and pws allows authors to upload themselves maybe he forgot something when uploading to pws???

yeah but what i mean is PWS is supposed to do all this for me buddy.

and pws allows authors to upload themselves maybe he forgot something when uploading to pws???

Ok then, I assume that someone else uploaded it for him.

PW6 works by community action. I.e. the likes of you and me tell them here when they have updates or need to include dependancies.

I've taken the liberty of doing it, but reality is we can all take responsibility to do it, takes but a moment :)

SJ

You don't have to use all of AGM, just remove the modules that you don't want. Lovely chaps those AGM devs, making it modular :D

Thanks for sending us the first release of your MK10 LCU :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Burnes, what do we need to do to get the decals to change for the call signs or the flag ?

Driver position, select Callsign using mouse wheel.. but no decal change ? What am I doing wrong ?

same goes for flag changes, doesn't seem to work for me ?

Were there new files as part of the Mod that may have been missed by PW6 ?

SJ

Just tried the new Challenger, its a beast of a tank! In fact its so intimidating enemy AT soldiers and even attack helicopters (!) refuse to engage it - only tanks dare to shoot it, to their inevitable demise! :D

Seriously though, its a bit disconcerting that static AT launchers shyly turn away from an approaching Chally, and choppers ignore him until he disrespectfully shoots them down with his main gun. And there is this troubling fact that titan missiles and PCML can barely scratch it. I mean, it surely has tons of ERA and SLAT, but, come on, 4 PCML missiles at the top? 5 titans at the back?* Its protection should be toned down somewhat, especially SLAT can't possibly be an equivalent of ERA and the rooftop is a bit ridiculous..

PS RAM was active.

*On the seconds thought, it should be noted that I tested an empty tank. Maybe it would have been fatal for crewmen

if the tank had been manned? Shaped charges produce narrow streams after all.

Edited by Hieronymus

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just tried the new Challenger, its a beast of a tank! In fact its so intimidating enemy AT soldiers and even attack helicopters (!) refuse to engage it - only tanks dare to shoot it, to their inevitable demise! :D

Seriously though, its a bit disconcerting that static AT launchers shyly turn away from an approaching Chally, and choppers ignore him until he disrespectfully shoots them down with his main gun. And there is this troubling fact that titan missiles and PCML can barely scratch it. I mean, it surely has tons of ERA and SLAT, but, come on, 4 PCML missiles at the top? 5 titans at the back? Something has to be done with this..

PS RAM was active.

.......Challenger 2

'nuff said

Seriously though, its a bit disconcerting that static AT launchers shyly turn away from an approaching Chally, and choppers ignore him until he disrespectfully shoots them down with his main gun. And there is this troubling fact that titan missiles and PCML can barely scratch it. I mean, it surely has tons of ERA and SLAT, but, come on, 4 PCML missiles at the top? 5 titans at the back?* Its protection should be toned down somewhat, especially SLAT can't possibly be an equivalent of ERA and the rooftop is a bit ridiculous..

PS RAM was active.

*On the seconds thought, it should be noted that I tested an empty tank. Maybe it would have been fatal for crewmen

I also noticed that, it seems it's protection is greatly overestimated and it's just ridiculous.

However AFAIK Burnes wanted to change some things, he might maybe use RAM and RHS armor and ammunition system.

PS RAM was active.

sorry guys not sure what you're doing that we're not but we have several videos available on my channel fromtraining sessions where these have been destroyed with 2-3 AT weapon hits or tank hits. the main page here has a video up now where LCpl Yoshida's tank was violently destroyed by AT. noone had any problem with engaging us at all. If anything the armour is too vulnerable by comparison to real life reports. RAM is being used in all sessions we record.

EDIT - I'm going to drop the AI damageResistance value down a few decimal places see if that is more to your tastes.

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

are all your vehicles going to require AGM from now on :/ ?

probably. tanks anyway

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

anychance your going to making the viking, you already have the model don't you ?

dont have the model done yet but its in the post

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Burnes, what do we need to do to get the decals to change for the call signs or the flag ?

Driver position, select Callsign using mouse wheel.. but no decal change ? What am I doing wrong ?

same goes for flag changes, doesn't seem to work for me ?

Were there new files as part of the Mod that may have been missed by PW6 ?

SJ

I am aware that locality is currently not set due to forgetting to change the setObjectTecture command to setObjectTextureGlobal but if you are the driver then it should work for you (but only you)

next update will correct this.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

I also noticed that, it seems it's protection is greatly overestimated and it's just ridiculous.

However AFAIK Burnes wanted to change some things, he might maybe use RAM and RHS armor and ammunition system.

there are no plans to integrate with RHS as its not a system we use and i dont have the time to venture into systems we do not use. as such if you are testing with RHS i make absolutely no claim that the values or configs will work in that context.

RAM is already in use though

Edited by Guest