Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

The MilSim Unit I'm apart of use your LCAC and Tanks. They're absolutely great man! Great Job!

excited on the LCS... :-)

surely you mean LCU? :p

LCS is a WW2 term as far as i recall. LCU is what we use today (unless you mean the US Littoral Combat Ship which is an entirely different class)

Ok version 1 of the MK10 LCU is now up for download on the main page

release notes:

The British MK10 LCU. capable of delivering Vehicles and personnel from ship to shore. This vehicle currently operates very similarly to the LCAC so if you've used that you'll know what to do here.

The Cab interior is a stopgap design that currntly shares much of its hardware with the LCAC, it carries 9 personnel. The deck can currently carry as many vehicles as can physically fit. None of the gunner positions are functional due to the problem with loaded vehicles being rendered behind the Craft (this is common with all craft of this nature) so for the time being there will be no gunners.

Please be aware that as with the LCAC the 'Climb Aboard MK10' user action is intended to be used if someone falls off the craft into the sea. It places the player using the action into a cargo slot on the vehicle. if all cargo slots are full and this action is used the craft may explode..

This is an initial release so bugs may be present and will hopefully be ironed out with time. for demonstrations soon to be created please visit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYPE10gBDIYzFyFX2WI7w

Because this craft is intended to be used with the HMS Bulwark I'm soon to release, which has a 'drainable' well dock, this has not been tested with any of the currently available LPD's.

arma3_2014_12_31_17_17_51_701.jpg

arma3_2014_12_31_17_12_12_780.jpg

arma3_2014_12_31_17_12_23_035.jpg

arma3_2014_12_31_17_12_31_769.jpg

arma3_2014_12_31_17_13_08_356.jpg

arma3_2014_12_31_17_13_16_728.jpg

arma3_2014_12_31_17_14_05_530.jpg

arma3_2014_12_31_17_14_12_335.jpg

arma3_2014_12_31_17_15_21_669.jpg

arma3_2014_12_31_17_15_34_068.jpg

I've decided as its new years eve to release the current progress on the Challenger 2 v10 update.

This update is WIP so some of the variants from the last update are not present as they are still WIP (Arctic and Multi Spec)

Changelog:

Added new hull and turret textures in higher resolution

Added smoke screen functionality (need to test locality in MP so reports on this would be very helpful)

Added callsign selection initial functionality - driver has this

added flag change functionality again with driver.

altered sound levels

Fixed AI gunner problem, AI crews will now fire the main gun (player commanded vehicles still need o give fire order though)

Fixed FCS bug below 300m

Made AGM a dependency - decided this was the best way to go as now there is no manual ranging for the main gun.

Greatly improved the RAM functionality in the fire geometry LOD

Removed the fuel drums from the TES (next update will include options to add/remove ERA, slat armour etc)

Changed the illumination method for the PIP monitors so they are still clearly visible when using night vision

Edited by Guest

Burnes I'm loving the Mk10. Sterling work mate.

At long last a feasable way of landing troops and armour ashore.

How do I lower the ramp via init line type scripting. Ive tried "lcuname" animate [frontramp,1] and "animateDoor" but to no avail.

Cheers

S20

Burnes I'm loving the Mk10. Sterling work mate.

At long last a feasable way of landing troops and armour ashore.

How do I lower the ramp via init line type scripting. Ive tried "lcuname" animate [frontramp,1] and "animateDoor" but to no avail.

Cheers

S20

this animate ["FrontRamp",1];

use that in the init or replace the word this with the vehicle name

for rear ramp its

this animate ["rearRamp",1];

Great job on the tanks so far Burnes, it's great to see the Challenger in ARMA 3, I saw that you have the Leopard MBT planned. I love that tank and will be looking forward to its release. Keep up the great work! :)

Great job Burnes, The challenger update is nice!

I noticed one slight problem with it, in the gunner seat the display with the green outline is slightly bugged, the rotation for the turret is displayed on the incorrect side of the tank e.g. if you turn the turn turret left it will appear as turned to the right on the display.

So probably not a problem for burnes but more for the PW6 Devs but I keep getting an error message when I try and download the LCU. I really wanna play with it :(

Try again Andy - PW6 can be funny on new mods - I don't think they get fully distributed across their network quickly or fully and it leads to Sync errors. DL'ing fine for me right now at 13:19

Burnes - great job. Really fun to captain too, feels like it should. VERY heavy and a little slow :-)

I had 1 texture error that I noticed:

13:29:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture burnes_lcac\data\lcacdeck.paa.

Could you also show us how to load in some player units as cargo ? I.e. Normandy landing style ?

Great job Burnes, The challenger update is nice!

I noticed one slight problem with it, in the gunner seat the display with the green outline is slightly bugged, the rotation for the turret is displayed on the incorrect side of the tank e.g. if you turn the turn turret left it will appear as turned to the right on the display.

haha yes i knew i'd forgotten something. dont worry this will be sorted for the finished update. i noticed this a few days ago, not sure why the roation has reversed but i'm pretty sure ui had something like this happen before and just switching the +/- ends of the rotation in the model.cfg sorts it out.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Nice work with the LCU Burnes; although for reference all of our LCU and LCVP are painted brown/black rather than green/black.

Phot for reference.

interesting thanks for letting me know. Almost all the photos i've seen appear to be green/black but i guess it must be the lighting or poor camera quality.

http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/LCU-01-Image-Plain-Military.jpg (114 kB)

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

Burnes - great job. Really fun to captain too, feels like it should. VERY heavy and a little slow :-)

I had 1 texture error that I noticed:

13:29:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture burnes_lcac\data\lcacdeck.paa.

Could you also show us how to load in some player units as cargo ? I.e. Normandy landing style ?

thanks for informing me of the texture error, its something that slipped through with the parts taken from the LCAC for the WIP interior lol.

The functionality for personnel to attach to the deck has not been implemented yet. will be in the next update, at least it can carry a whole section in the cab and if more are required you could always just load on a truck or something and have them ride in that. not exactly D-Day yet i know but next update will fix this :)

hi I assume we can't use something like MoveInCargo to get the AI to load a vehicle on board, i.e. this has to be a human do it ?

Ahh so we can stay inside loaded vehicles? That's brilliant !

hi I assume we can't use something like MoveInCargo to get the AI to load a vehicle on board, i.e. this has to be a human do it ?

yes as it is right now it requires a human to attach vehicles. There are probably scripting solutions to getting AI to use it but this really was intended for use by milsim groups made up of human players. As i never play single player Arma its not an avenue I would have time to explore. If anyone else comes up with a solution to AI use of hese vehicles though and wants it included feel free to get in touch :)

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:21 ----------

Ahh so we can stay inside loaded vehicles? That's brilliant !

haha Of course :D. duing my time with the 15th MEU there was nothing quite like being turned out in a tank while riding an LCAC lol :p

One point of note though is that while the craft is 'prepped for loading' noone will be able to move even their head view around while in a vehicle on the MK10. as soon as it is 'prepped for movement' again all view controls will return to normal and all weapons will function again

interesting thanks for letting me know. Almost all the photos i've seen appear to be green/black but i guess it must be the lighting or poor camera quality.

http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/LCU-01-Image-Plain-Military.jpg (114 kB)

That phot's getting on a fair bit judging by the Bedfords on board; for at least the last 6/7 years they're as in the phot I linked. Anyway, keep up the good work.