Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

It just not nice, he is doing what the modern games that has never done before

hey there,

merry x-mas to all.

about the challenger .... its really nice and well done but why are there no rear or tail lights? or am I missing something?

hey there,

merry x-mas to all.

about the challenger .... its really nice and well done but why are there no rear or tail lights? or am I missing something?

they are there they just do not function. I have no plans to change this as they offer no benefit what so ever. A headlight fix is coming though

Burn's I got great news about the AAV's I'm sure you'll enjoy. I know Aaron's (This is Schultz BTW) mentioned it to you. I just heard back from the author and he gave his full blessing on it. Once I've gotten the config worked out. I'll be sure to send you the finished result. Many people will likely rejoice when they see it. :)

Burn's I got great news about the AAV's I'm sure you'll enjoy. I know Aaron's (This is Schultz BTW) mentioned it to you. I just heard back from the author and he gave his full blessing on it. Once I've gotten the config worked out. I'll be sure to send you the finished result. Many people will likely rejoice when they see it. :)

Awesome man I'm glad you guys might finally be able to get Gator operating properly again :D Getting those things amphibious has been a very heavily requested feature. And Merry Christmas to you too :)

they are there they just do not function. I have no plans to change this as they offer no benefit what so ever. A headlight fix is coming though

Could you please give me a hint where I could find what I have to look for in order to try to fix this myself?

Could you please give me a hint where I could find what I have to look for in order to try to fix this myself?

you cannot. that would require access to the unbinarized model and model.cfg which i am unwilling to share.

EDIT - if it really bothers you i would be willing to compromize and add superficially functioning blackout markers. i will not add tail lights for the simple reason that they make no fucking sense on a night op in an active conflict. You can and should be using night vision to follow friendly vehicles at night. blackout markers/convoy lights i think are a happy compromise although i only know the details of those used on the Cheiftan so will have to look into where they are fitted on the Chally.

Edited by Guest

you cannot. that would require access to the unbinarized model and model.cfg which i am unwilling to share.

EDIT - if it really bothers you i would be willing to compromize and add superficially functioning blackout markers. i will not add tail lights for the simple reason that they make no fucking sense on a night op in an active conflict. You can and should be using night vision to follow friendly vehicles at night. blackout markers/convoy lights i think are a happy compromise although i only know the details of those used on the Cheiftan so will have to look into where they are fitted on the Chally.

That sounds pretty cool and I am greatfull that you take my wishes in to consideration.

I always liked your mods and currently the Chally is by far the nicest tank out there but having said this I look forward to your reworked Abrahams as well.

Thanks a lot and have a nice and lovely x-mas

Why not do it as all other addons, they turn off and on with the headlights. It makes no sense to use the headlights either in an active conflict, that's why even the AI turn them off.

Not all missions are played out in active conflicts. Sometimes convoys are moving along peacefully.

In short; it would be appreciated if you enabled the tail lights :)

Why not do it as all other addons, they turn off and on with the headlights. It makes no sense to use the headlights either in an active conflict, that's why even the AI turn them off.

Not all missions are played out in active conflicts. Sometimes convoys are moving along peacefully.

In short; it would be appreciated if you enabled the tail lights :)

Well, the creator of the mod should get the final say in what goes in his/her mod

Well, the creator of the mod should get the final say in what goes in his/her mod

Goes without saying. That is why I respectfully asked and gave my point of view. And told him "if" it would be "appreciated". I'm not telling him what to do or what not to do.

more work on the HMS Bulwark.

screen720001.png

screen730001.png

screen740001.png

screen750001.png

Convoy lights basically haven't changed since forever. The Chally 2 is still a small hooded light shining onto a zebra crossing. As you say though, mostly we just use the TI - have the gunner keep the barrel pointed at the tank in front and the driver 'follows' the barrel was our usual trick, but then my driver didn't have TI back then. Or even just follow the track marks of the last tank that went that way, since they show up on TI for ages afterwards. We actually took our headlights off a lot of the time as the glass is all reflecty, which is bad.

That image merely shows a tank on a training course, so they aren't particularly worried about being seen. Yes they have lights, but in many respects they really don't use them or even need them.

@ Yoshi .... I am well aware of that but there is usually different settings of lights on a tank ( battle/covered lighting, convoy lights and public road / travel lights ). Especially when they are traveling outside of enclosed proving or training grounds or away from combat.

I did see this many times in the USA and here in Germany or the Netherlands...

Almost finished on this one now. Textures need tidying up in some places where an older version is still applied, the deck needs some hooks and rails added and the interior lod needs to be made but fnctionality wise its all there now.

Gunners are a no no for the time being due to the render order thing messing up the appearance of loaded vehicles from 1st person view.

What Burnes15th models in a month, takes a whole group six months if not longer :)

Since the T-90 is on the cards, will it have an interior as well?

With allowance from Brunes and with permission from Feint, I bring you the new (Old?) amphibious AAV.

Ship to Shore at last. I just gotta toss the files back to Brunes and he'll release it after he looks it over.

I would of liked to have created CBA keybindings for it for in-game control settings. But I R TEH DUMB and can't figure out the instructions.

Edited by Karneck

Oh it is so nice to see the abrams in matte and the old normal maps of Arma 1 finally gone and replaced with something more appropriate...got a question for ya, did greatly scale the resolution of the normal map or does Arma 3 support detail maps in normal map form?

http://s9.postimg.org/osh4545nz/arma3_2014_12_19_11_00_00_481.jpg how you got all the detail on the side of the turret I mean.