Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

OK. You made my day.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/00/008b736ad5ba7f0031b7521274d21396b7ebecb43ef22dc192962a7ff58cc0ad.jpg

Are You going to release just german camo version or will You add different ones (Polish, Danish, Norwegian)?

Time permitting i will be happy to but even if i don't have the time I would be happy to release my Gimp files to be edited, I make textures in very distinct layers so the camo pattern colours are on a completely seperate layer from the details, shading and scratches etc so it would be easy to change out the patterns for those that pleased you.

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

I love this mod - very well done. Has anybody else noticed that the tank seems to pull to the right slightly while driving in a straight line ?

Hey, yeah thanks man this would be very helpful as i think will be updating that to the contemporary vehicle ;)

Yes I can confirm the vehicle pulls to the right.

I can also confirm some strange weapon station movement in the loader turret Position. Lift the mouse and the turret turns to the left 15 degrees..? Can anyone else confirm this ? or do i need a new mouse ?

Still loving it though :-)

Yes I can confirm the vehicle pulls to the right.

This is a common tank bug it happens with bohermias tanks too, i believe Fennek raised a ticket about it a while ago citing the Bobcat as the biggest offender

Plans to produce a derived type, such as Strv.122 and Pz.87 available?

These are versions used by Switzerland- Pz. 87 (basicly Leo 2A4) and Sweden Strv.122 which is Leo 2A5+... They probably have quite different interior than their basic versions (2A4, 2A5) but external look is the same.

Another update video on the Abrams...

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Many thanks for the Challenger update. Glad we were able to help with the bone errors.

Just for info, and not demanding they get fixed (although would be nice in an ideal world!), here's the rpt for v0.6.alpha:

Strange convex component11 in burnes_challenger\burnes_fv4034.p3d:geometryFire
Strange convex component14 in burnes_challenger\burnes_fv4034.p3d:geometryView
Strange convex component15 in burnes_challenger\burnes_fv4034.p3d:geometryView

Warning: Convex component representing Track_L not found
Warning: Convex component representing Track_R not found
Warning: Convex component representing Slide not found
Error: Wheel reference not initialized
Error: Wheel reference not initialized
"IL starting"
"IL config loading"
"IL config done"
"IL func loaded"
"IL ready"
[i]<above 10 lines repeat once for each tank spawned>[/i]

Cannot load sound 'a3\sounds_f_epb\tracked\noises\get_in_out.wss'
Submunition: CHAL_WP_RND
[i]<repeats on each entry/exit>[/i]

I'm working my way through the rpt errors with the help of Serjames and the guys from 3CB so fingers crossed these may be clearedv up fully by the next version. ;)

Still having no luck with the AI gunner problem though, it's probably something simple that i've overlooked somewhere lol..

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

Loving the Chally very well done and I'm really looking forward to seeing your Titan AVLB (used to be an armoured farmer).

One thing I noticed though was your intention to create a Centurion ARV, which would be a little out of date compared with the rest of your vehicles as the British Army hasn't used them since the 80s. You might want to consider creating a CRARRV (Challenger Armoured Repair and Recovery Vehicle) instead, or even a Trojan AVRE (Armoured Vehicle Royal Engineers).

http://www.military-today.com/engineering/crarrv.htm

http://www.military-today.com/engineering/trojan.htm

Thank you for the suggestions, these absolutely make sense and I will update the project to include these rather than the Centurion

Hey guys sorry I havn't been on to reply much the past few days it's been pretty hectic my end. I should have more time tommorow to get back to everyone :)

Just dropping in to show you the progress on the Warrior

Will have demonstration videos of the Leopard 2A4 this week too, i've decided Im just gonna make all 3 of the requested variants (2A4, 2A5 and 2A6) that way there's choice for our German brethren. Will be making the Challenger driver interior too...

Maybe you should ask the Bwmod guys for cooperation? Since they already have a working 2A6M.:)

Maybe you should ask the Bwmod guys for cooperation? Since they already have a working 2A6M.:)

I rarely have the free time to work with the current lot of co-operations i'm a part of, let alone navigate the red tape of agreements and what not with another. Besides the Leopards are almost done. It would have made swense at the beginning of this project but makes no sense now..

I'm working my way through the rpt errors with the help of Serjames and the guys from 3CB so fingers crossed these may be clearedv up fully by the next version. ;)

Lol, I know...I'm heading up the mod projects at 3CB and worked with Evrik on resolving the bone skeleton errors. :-)

We can probably help with those remaining rpt errors, but only if we have the unbinarised source files, which you may not want to give out. Give us a shout if you there's anything we can do.

Cheers, Apollo

Can't wait abrams' update. We just love your tank, using it in coop is just way more easy than the vanilla merkava. And it's a pleasure to drive it.

Can't wait abrams' update. We just love your tank, using it in coop is just way more easy than the vanilla merkava. And it's a pleasure to drive it.

Thanks man :) Hey i noticed you're from France, I have a LeClerc coming soon :) I do love the LeClerc, its another vehicle i've been looking forward to getting done

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Lol, I know...I'm heading up the mod projects at 3CB and worked with Evrik on resolving the bone skeleton errors. :-)

We can probably help with those remaining rpt errors, but only if we have the unbinarised source files, which you may not want to give out. Give us a shout if you there's anything we can do.

Cheers, Apollo

Lol i think i've already fixed them tbh, it was components i forgot to update in the fire/view geo lods. I always forget those lods lol, i remember to do the Geo and physX fine but always forget the other two haha. And thank you for all the help you guys have provided with the challenger testing ;)

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

waiting T-72 and T-90 interiors

They're coming, but not for a while yet, I wanted to get the NATO stuff out first because they may see more use and there are already really good Russian Vehicle packs out. But don't worry they are coming. I will actually probably even end up expanding the scope of the Russian side of this too to include more vehicles (source material depending)

Lol i think i've already fixed them tbh, it was components i forgot to update in the fire/view geo lods. I always forget those lods lol, i remember to do the Geo and physX fine but always forget the other two haha. And thank you for all the help you guys have provided with the challenger testing ;)

Great stuff! It's been our pleasure to help a little. You should have seen the excitement on our public server when they saw the Challenger sitting there at the FOB for the first time. There must have been 30 guys all wanting to be tank crew!!

Have been pretty busy with catching up on University work this week but here is an update on how the MK10 LCU is coming along..

Thanks man Hey i noticed you're from France, I have a LeClerc coming soon I do love the LeClerc, its another vehicle i've been looking forward to getting done

Yeah, I'm waiting for it too, it will be nice to use it with R3F, even if the VAB will always miss me more :) Especially as you can now fire from vehicles and VAB is designed for it, with 3 passengers being able to shoot from their hatches at 360°

Howdy Burnes,

I'd like to start off by complimenting you on your efforts in creating these mods. Its obvious that you care about putting out a quality product and your mods are very fun and immersive.

My question is this. I am trying to create a Zeus Game Mode on the Imrali map. A MEU is sitting offshore in LPDs and I want to use your LCACs to move vehicles from the LPD onto shore. I am currently using the LPD29 and your LCAC mod. When I preview the mission, everything works fine; I'm able to drive most vehicles onto the rear ramp of the LCAC and get them loaded and everything works fine. However, when I load the mission on our dedicated server, I'm encountering some major issues. In order to get anything to load onto the LCAC, one must reverse all the way until they make contact with the LPD, and then deflate the air cushion, as you've shown in your video. However, every time the LCAC makes even the slightest amount of contact with the LPD even at <2 kph, it explodes instantly. I was curious to know if you've encountered this issue and if you have, how to work around it. I would love to use your LCAC mod in a multiplayer setting, and right now this issue makes proper loading of vehicles onto the LCAC from the hold of the LPD impossible.

Additionally, while I know you're working on some major projects, are there any updates coming soon to the AAV & LCAC? I know that you've had a lot of trouble with it, but a fully amphibious AAV & LCAC would be truly amazing.

Once again, thank you so much for your work and effort in creating these mods. I really love these kinds of combat support mods that help to maximize realism and immersion. I really wish more people would try and make them.

Howdy Burnes,

I'd like to start off by complimenting you on your efforts in creating these mods. Its obvious that you care about putting out a quality product and your mods are very fun and immersive.

My question is this. I am trying to create a Zeus Game Mode on the Imrali map. A MEU is sitting offshore in LPDs and I want to use your LCACs to move vehicles from the LPD onto shore. I am currently using the LPD29 and your LCAC mod. When I preview the mission, everything works fine; I'm able to drive most vehicles onto the rear ramp of the LCAC and get them loaded and everything works fine. However, when I load the mission on our dedicated server, I'm encountering some major issues. In order to get anything to load onto the LCAC, one must reverse all the way until they make contact with the LPD, and then deflate the air cushion, as you've shown in your video. However, every time the LCAC makes even the slightest amount of contact with the LPD even at <2 kph, it explodes instantly. I was curious to know if you've encountered this issue and if you have, how to work around it. I would love to use your LCAC mod in a multiplayer setting, and right now this issue makes proper loading of vehicles onto the LCAC from the hold of the LPD impossible.

Additionally, while I know you're working on some major projects, are there any updates coming soon to the AAV & LCAC? I know that you've had a lot of trouble with it, but a fully amphibious AAV & LCAC would be truly amazing.

Once again, thank you so much for your work and effort in creating these mods. I really love these kinds of combat support mods that help to maximize realism and immersion. I really wish more people would try and make them.

Hey thanks man i'm glad you are enjoying thee things i'm putting out :), yeah the exploding thing is a major issue lol. I find that it doesnt explode if you reverse it into the LPD (although i have only tested this in local games not dedicated so it may be that its explodes in reverse too on dedi's) But i will have a look at it again now that i'm in another unit that has a dedicated server and try to get the bugs worked out. I'm also working on a proper texture set to make it look better.

The AAV's will be getting an update very soon but until Bohemia update the tankX simulation to allow amphibious locomotion it will not be amphibious. With the current physX tankX limitations you can make tracked vehicles float but you cannot move/steer them in water. Hopefully something will be changed on this at some point as it would be great to finally have the option to make amphibious tracked vehicles and it seems a little short sighted of Bohemia to leave that out. At least other bugs with the AAV can be fixed in the mean time though.

Could you let me know if reversing the LCAC in on the dedicated server still causes an explosion? this would really help in deducing the exact nature of the problem and hopefully get a fix out sooner :)

Hey thanks man i'm glad you are enjoying thee things i'm putting out :), yeah the exploding thing is a major issue lol. I find that it doesnt explode if you reverse it into the LPD (although i have only tested this in local games not dedicated so it may be that its explodes in reverse too on dedi's) But i will have a look at it again now that i'm in another unit that has a dedicated server and try to get the bugs worked out. I'm also working on a proper texture set to make it look better.

The AAV's will be getting an update very soon but until Bohemia update the tankX simulation to allow amphibious locomotion it will not be amphibious. With the current physX tankX limitations you can make tracked vehicles float but you cannot move/steer them in water. Hopefully something will be changed on this at some point as it would be great to finally have the option to make amphibious tracked vehicles and it seems a little short sighted of Bohemia to leave that out. At least other bugs with the AAV can be fixed in the mean time though.

Could you let me know if reversing the LCAC in on the dedicated server still causes an explosion? this would really help in deducing the exact nature of the problem and hopefully get a fix out sooner :)

Hi Burnes, thanks for the quick reply.

In short, yes. Reversing the LCAC against the ramp in the hold of the LPD causes it to explode every time. In the mission, the LCAC spawns in the hold of the LPD, nose facing outward, rear facing towards the ramp with about ~5 feet of separation between the hitbox of the LCAC and the hitbox of the LPD. I just tried pulling straight out of the hold, turning around and going in nose first. This time I did not explode, but the LCAC became "stuck" on the LPD's ramp, causing some major glitching. It finally did explode while I was trying to wriggle it free.

I haven't tried it with a Zeus placed LCAC yet, mainly because when I try to remote control a LCAC using Zeus, it bugs out. I don't know how to explain it better than this, but the game seems to think that I'm in the LCAC as the NPC, but my UI and screen show me as being bumped immediately back out to Zeus. I don't know if this is an issue with Zeus or with the LCAC or both.

If you would like to test the LCAC on a dedicated server, the link to the PWS mods collection is below. Once you've got the mods, just filter for =SO= and join the one that says Zeus Imrali. Feel free to use and test it as much as you'd like.

https://play.withsix.com/arma-3/collections/YXvrqtDOKUexzhg9mCbxsg/SO-Zeus-Imrali

pws://?c=YXvrqtDOKUexzhg9mCbxsg

Thanks again and I hope that I've been helpful in helping you fix some issues in your amazing mods.

-Vernei

Have been pretty busy with catching up on University work this week but here is an update on how the MK10 LCU is coming along..

This is what I was expecting most !!! Great work and thanks ;) I look forward for the release !!

Challenger 2 V7 is out now.

Just handling and visual improvements here. Still working on the driver LOD.

I added some turret clutter items taken from the A2 Jackal model, this gives some consistency with the BAF stuff from A2 but i know it wont

be to everybody's taste so in the next update there will be versions without those additions too. I also cleaned up

some of the rushed UV mapping and textured some of the untextured areas.

Changelog -

Improved handling and feel of vehicle, reduced the turnforce to be more realistic.

Fixed a bunch of bad UV mapping and untextured areas

Desaturated the 'plains' camo to make it look better and be more practical

Added some clutter items/detailing taken from the A2 Jackal vehicle (this will be made optional in the next release as i know it won't be for everyone)

Edited by Guest

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Can you tell, when you are going to release driver LOD? You are the best, I was looking for tanks with interior view for 2 months.

Hey guys sorry for the lack of replies the past few days i had to do some catching up with university work lol. I'll get that txture error fixed and an update pretty soon. it's because i missed a texture assignment to some part of the objects taken from the A2 Jackal.

The next update will have the driver view lod too. I'm making the Drivers console interactive to allow multiple choice of external cameras (the view is exteremely limited for chally drivers lol :p) and there will be plenty of detail to keep drivers happy lol. I'm hoping my updated Abrams interiors will be ready soon too.