Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Hey, I really love your M1A1/M1A2 and I'm waiting for that driver compartment to download the Challe mod, but most of your projects look like stuff I'm interested in so I can't help but make a greedy request: any chance for an M2/M3A3 Bradley IFV and CFV? It's my favorite AFV and I feel like you're the modder to do it justice.

Hey, I really love your M1A1/M1A2 and I'm waiting for that driver compartment to download the Challe mod, but most of your projects look like stuff I'm interested in so I can't help but make a greedy request: any chance for an M2/M3A3 Bradley IFV and CFV? It's my favorite AFV and I feel like you're the modder to do it justice.

Yes I'm happy to do this, it's something i've had planned for a while because a friend really wanted one but i forgot to add it to the main page list. I.m pretty familiar with the Bradley interiors from steel beasts too

That makes me quite glad - have you lined out which Leopard 2 you were going to do? I quite like the aesthetics of the A5/A6/A7 myself.

That makes me quite glad - have you lined out which Leopard 2 you were going to do? I quite like the aesthetics of the A5/A6/A7 myself.

On the first page is dose say leopard 2 revolution. So I would assume it will be like the arma 3 one.

On the first page is dose say leopard 2 revolution. So I would assume it will be like the arma 3 one.

Sorry this needs to be changed lol. I'm a little behind on my upkeep :p

Thanks for the wonderful mods Burnes.

Maybe this question has been answered already but I couldn't find it:

Is it possible to load up vehicles on the LCAC from the editor? like "car1 moveInCargo LCAC;" ? I'm guessing not as the LCAC has to be prepared for boarding.

Thanks again.

I don't know if Steel Beasts has the infantry compartment viewable on the Bradley, though I suppose it would for the TOW reload process, right?

Anyway, some possibly useful pictures for the infantry's compartment in here for when you get around to the BFV: http://www.scribd.com/doc/61629563/Vanguard-43-The-M2-Bradley-Infantry-Fighting-Vehicle

Btw guys Myself and a few friends have just started up a UK Armoured Realism unit based on the 1st (UK) Division. We'll be operating Challenger 2's, Scimitars as a recon force, and Mechanized Infantry from Warriors.

If anyone's interested in joining up you can find us at http://1stukdivision.co.uk/ . It's very early days so everything is a bit rough around the edges but we have a teamspeak server and dedicated game server, plus our guys are all experienced from time with other prominent realism units, you can expect a well structured and disciplined organization in game and a fun and welcoming atmosphere out of game ;)

EDIT - We have now merged with the 51st scottish Brigade, Uk realism unit :)

http://51sb.enjin.com/home

Edited by Guest

Cool, would you be available for some Armoured support sometime ? :) - sent you a poke

Edited by serjames

Cool, would you be available for some Armoured support sometime ? :) - sent you a poke

Hey man yeah absolutely ;) sorry i missed your visit i was watching a film with the GF :p

So will HMS Bulwark be a static ship, and are you also doing a small interior layout for it also?

V6 of he Challenger 2 is up now. Just bug fixes in this version, no additional features yet.

Link is on the main page.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

So will HMS Bulwark be a static ship, and are you also doing a small interior layout for it also?

It will be static in the inital release to be used as a launch platform etc, but it will eventually be a movable vehicle

Hey Burnes - great news on the update I assume it's tested, sorry we couldn't come back in time - got hauled off to test new mission maps over the last 36 hours or so. I'll try and get it rolled in as soon as the mission is stable

SJ

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Many thanks for the Challenger update. Glad we were able to help with the bone errors.

Just for info, and not demanding they get fixed (although would be nice in an ideal world!), here's the rpt for v0.6.alpha:

Strange convex component11 in burnes_challenger\burnes_fv4034.p3d:geometryFire
Strange convex component14 in burnes_challenger\burnes_fv4034.p3d:geometryView
Strange convex component15 in burnes_challenger\burnes_fv4034.p3d:geometryView

Warning: Convex component representing Track_L not found
Warning: Convex component representing Track_R not found
Warning: Convex component representing Slide not found
Error: Wheel reference not initialized
Error: Wheel reference not initialized
"IL starting"
"IL config loading"
"IL config done"
"IL func loaded"
"IL ready"
[i]<above 10 lines repeat once for each tank spawned>[/i]

Cannot load sound 'a3\sounds_f_epb\tracked\noises\get_in_out.wss'
Submunition: CHAL_WP_RND
[i]<repeats on each entry/exit>[/i]

Burnes, et al,

Have you all considered working with Olds or using his ideas, etc. from Real Armor Mod? instead of hit points?

I am impressed by anyone here (not to slight anyone) mentioning Steel Beasts (Pro PE)! awesome. I have often felt that if the armored vehicle simulation part of ARMA could be addressed, it would make an excellent armor sim that is more accessible than SBPPE. there is just enough abstraction to allow one person to run a vehicle, but ARMA series has always cried out for a better treatment of armored warfare.

+ 1 For OLD's RAM implimentation :-)

Lets really show how tough the Chally is....

SJ

Loving the Chally very well done and I'm really looking forward to seeing your Titan AVLB (used to be an armoured farmer).

One thing I noticed though was your intention to create a Centurion ARV, which would be a little out of date compared with the rest of your vehicles as the British Army hasn't used them since the 80s. You might want to consider creating a CRARRV (Challenger Armoured Repair and Recovery Vehicle) instead, or even a Trojan AVRE (Armoured Vehicle Royal Engineers).

http://www.military-today.com/engineering/crarrv.htm

http://www.military-today.com/engineering/trojan.htm

Burnes I've got some nice Reference footage of both of those I think from T:fest 2013.

Let me know if you were interested

SJ

I love this mod - very well done. Has anybody else noticed that the tank seems to pull to the right slightly while driving in a straight line ?

Hey guys sorry I havn't been on to reply much the past few days it's been pretty hectic my end. I should have more time tommorow to get back to everyone :)

Just dropping in to show you the progress on the Warrior

Will have demonstration videos of the Leopard 2A4 this week too, i've decided Im just gonna make all 3 of the requested variants (2A4, 2A5 and 2A6) that way there's choice for our German brethren. Will be making the Challenger driver interior too...

OK. You made my day.

008b736ad5ba7f0031b7521274d21396b7ebecb43ef22dc192962a7ff58cc0ad.jpg

Are You going to release just german camo version or will You add different ones (Polish, Danish, Norwegian)?