Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Fantastic work Burnes on the LCS !!!

Very excited to get this in game. I assume you will be able to load vehicles etc ?

SJ

BTW if anyone is putting together a decent BAF pack (and by that i mean high quality and with a comprehensive set of vehicles and equipment) I would give permission for my vehicles to be included. I normally dont like aggregate mods but that would be pretty cool lol..
Like this one? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183874-UK-FF-British-Forces-for-ArmA-3

Really enjoying your work here, can't get enough of the update videos!

Only concern I had was that the front of the Challenger looks a bit stubby from the comparison photos I could find, from the side on views. Anybody else think so or am I just out of touch?

I very much agree but its a little too late to be changing that I think.

I very much agree but its a little too late to be changing that I think.

Yeah no geometry changes will be made at this point. I'm happy with the shape and it matches perfectly the reference images used (side and front profile) as background while modelling.

with University just started up again for the year time to work on mods is scarce as it is lol.

just downloaded all 3 mods. Love them. Going to bookmark this thread to keep up to date.

Sorry about the slow in updates this week but my time is not my own right now lol. Anyhow managed to get some progress done as you can see here.

Should have an initial release version out soon. There are a lot of new features i want to put into this but I think I will release a version that is at the standard of a normal arma tank (with interiors though obviously lol :p) and then add the extra features a little later to save those who are waiting for this to have to wait even longer lol.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

Hey Burnes great MOD but i have 1 question how is the Classname of the Abrams ?

I can't remember off hand but it's visible in the top right of the unit placement window in the editor when you select it. that goes for any thing in arma too.

The Challenger Is lookin really good man keep It up! I'm really lookin forward to using It :)

As usual with all your mods, really top notch stuff.

A little more work on the British MK10 LCU. Should work well will the challenger when finished ;)

mk1050001.png

mk1060001.png

---------- Post added at 02:22 ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 ----------

Btw, could a Moderator please change the title of this thread to 'Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles'. My own title was a little short sighted lol :p Thanks.

how about "Burnes' Military Emporium...."

Don't limit yourself... :)

how about "Burnes' Military Emporium...."

Don't limit yourself... :)

haha yeah i like it lol :D

Great work guys! i have alot of fun with the tanks but i noticed that the engine sounds are really loud and sometimes i hear crackles in it. Is it possible to turn the volume a bit down or something like that?

"Little lights and pipes and shit..." Great description mate...

[/color]Btw, could a Moderator please change the title of this thread to 'Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles'. My own title was a little short sighted lol :p Thanks.

Sorted, however in future please report a post if you want something changing as it will be actioned quicker :)

Love your mods! Truly do. May i ask though. The seaknights in your video's, are you ever going to release those beauty's public?

I don't wanna break any rules but my unit is really exited about the challenger 2, do you have any wip or a release? :D No pressure just looks great man :)

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, University is taking up a lot of my time at the minute. might have a release version available this week, it will lack some of the unique features i have planned but will be fully functional in terms of ArmA vehicle standards. also i've discovered a way of lowering the PiP load drastically by having the TC viewports render from just two PiP sources with very wide fields of view. I've mapped the UV's of the viewports to these wide angle PiP sources and even though the resolution is a bit lower the performance hit is much much lower. I'm also planning on using an alpha 'glass' layer in front of both them and the optics to give the impression that they are actually made of glass. It should add a little to the immersion lol.

Anyway updates soon, hopefully a release this week too. :)

Love your mods! Truly do. May i ask though. The seaknights in your video's, are you ever going to release those beauty's public?

I'm nothing to do with those mods. probably someone else in the 15th meu

Ok i was hoping to get an initial release of the challenger out today or tommorow but i've run into a strange little problem that it appears is also in the Abrams so i'm setting up something wrong somewhere..

Basically AI gunners refuse to fire the main cannon unless specifically made to fire with CTRL FIRE. the cannon fires fine for human players and for the AI if ordered to fire but they will not fire it of their own volition. They will use the coax at will as will the loader fire at any available targets its just the main gun that has this issue so i'm going over all the config entries now looking for what could be causing the issue but so far no luck. any thoughts anyone?

Edited by Guest

Ok i was hoping to get an initial release of the challenger out today or tommorow but i've run into a strange little problem that it appears is also in the Abrams so i'm setting up something wrong somewhere..

Basically AI gunners refuse to fire the main cannon unless specifically made to fire with CTRL FIRE. the cannon fires fine for human players and for the AI if ordered to fire but they will not fire it of their own volition. They will use the coax at will as will the loader fire at any available targets its just the main gun that has this issue so i'm going over all the config entries now looking for what could be causing the issue but so far no luck. any thoughts anyone?

GeraldoBolso had the same issue with Ai as gunners in choppers (in his HMD mod), then he fixed, it seems you have to hightenen the values of the weapon "cost" to values as high as 1000 so the AI prefers to use that... anyway, ask GeraldoBolso, he might help ya!

;2802978']GeraldoBolso had the same issue with Ai as gunners in choppers (in his HMD mod)' date=' then he fixed, it seems you have to hightenen the values of the weapon "cost" to values as high as 1000 so the AI prefers to use that... anyway, ask GeraldoBolso, he might help ya![/quote']

Thanks for the suggestion i tried it out but no luck... still working on the problem though so hopefully be back on track soon

in the meantime i put together a pre-release trailer just to show where things are at right now