Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Burnes Burnes Burnes. Settle down a bit man you're going to wear yourself out. :D

Haha yeah, I never sleep lol :p btw I have some files coming your way. Will PM when dropbox is done uploading.

New version of the LCAC is up. still no cosmetic improvements but I've altered the ramps, made the deflation animation go lower and increased thrust response to make slow maneuvers easier. (for anyone who has the link saved or has it linked on a website this update is at a completely new location, the old link will still go to the old version so please use the new link on the main page)

here is another instructional video that shows how to safely load vehicles on from the LPD and explains a few other caveats not properly addressed before.

After I've finished this weeks work on the Challenger I will be focusing on some modelling/features work I'm providing for another mod-makers mod so updates might slow down while that is underway.

Edited by Guest

I made a quick recording to illustrate the effect http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=5xs7du%3E&s=8 note how the BMP's show a stronger jolt since they're lighter. This effect is absent in Arma.

oh yeah, i've never really noticed that before. you're right that is pretty cool.

Those little details really make SBP the best tank sim out there. SABoW is a close second, it even has much better graphical fidelity and amazing effects like the tracks dislodging from the chassis when damaged. I wonder if these hit effects can be scripted into Arma. Certainly would add to the immersion.

Those little details really make SBP the best tank sim out there. SABoW is a close second, it even has much better graphical fidelity and amazing effects like the tracks dislodging from the chassis when damaged. I wonder if these hit effects can be scripted into Arma. Certainly would add to the immersion.

Agreed I keep trying to explain to people who are put off by Steel Beasts Graphics that the 'feel' has such a high quality to it. Mouse vectoring is such a better way of controlling the turrets too and that sound they make as you sharply stop slewing the turret oooohhhh!! lol here is one of my videos that really shows these things off. Such an amazing game.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) addon

Thx for sharing this very impressive vehicle. This is really usefully.

Thank you for the update.

I just wonder why the right wheel sinks in into the LCAC. Not every time but often. This happens after the latest update.

I've made s short video showing the progress on my texture sets. I've made a version without the mud splatter to appease those who would like clean looking vehicles and also I've shown the muddy version at the end. These are still very much work in progress so there are lots of places where its just green/black solid fill but you get the idea. I'm slowly putting the multi-spectral version together now which i think will end up being the 'main focus' seeing as it seems to be the standard nowadays so expect that soon along with interiors.

---------- Post added at 01:29 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

Thank you for the update.

I just wonder why the right wheel sinks in into the LCAC. Not every time but often. This happens after the latest update.

could you explain this a little more as I'm not sure what you mean. I will look into fixing it if you can tell me how to reproduce it.

Amazing results.Couple of thoughts: Would it make sense to make dirt variants?It would be funny to see 2 exactly the same dirty looking tanks.So would having 2 or 3 different

painted variants make sense or took too much time/size to be worth it?I'm wondering this because I'm beginner in 3ds max and one day I wanna make such automotive models and

this kind of ideas springs out.

Second thought was instead of brown mud, having altis desert sand/sand color making vehicle looking even better?

Amazing results.Couple of thoughts: Would it make sense to make dirt variants?It would be funny to see 2 exactly the same dirty looking tanks.So would having 2 or 3 different

painted variants make sense or took too much time/size to be worth it?I'm wondering this because I'm beginner in 3ds max and one day I wanna make such automotive models and

this kind of ideas springs out.

Second thought was instead of brown mud, having altis desert sand/sand color making vehicle looking even better?

There will be different variants with different mud materials applied for variety and for realism (sand on desert models etc). Altis has hardly any desert/sand so that second suggestion makes no sense. The mud color in this model matches the majority of mud/earth on Altis.

Edited by Guest

M1A1 AIM and M1A2 Abrams

Seems to have some weird hitbox / damage bugs.

Zeus-placed artillery nor infantry carried rocket launchers will even scratch them, tanks just manage to damage the hull.

Seems to have some weird hitbox / damage bugs.

Zeus-placed artillery nor infantry carried rocket launchers will even scratch them, tanks just manage to damage the hull.

Considering the fact that in our last OP we lost one to infantry carried AT and in the platoon training before that we lost two to the same kind of weapons AND that the public version has had its armor values lowered to appease those who would rather 'Arma balance' over realism, i think your assessment is not universally applicable.

That said my setup of hit points/locations is probably far from ideal as it's not an area i'm particularly adept in so it may improve in time..

Another quick video showing some of the variants that will be available. sorry about the shitty mic quality.

so is this tank out yet?

I dunno. better check the main page, i know there's info on there somewhere....

Looking awesome! You could also add a "UN" stencil letters in the Artic one, so you have a new one, that could give some deep in some missions.

TOTALY unrealistic but.... if you could make your challenger 2 with a flamethrower variant that would be pretty sweet... even tho there are no burning effects in the game it would be great at getting rid of the enemy who ever that may be.