Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

While you're making further adjustments I hope you might consider a few possible issues. Of course, the Challenger 2 TES has an incredible amount of goodies and any sense of haste to just call the thing finished and move on cannot be held against you; however I think there's so much promise in your model that it would be unfortunate not to try to make the effort:

http://i.imgur.com/2uOLAUk.png (952 kB)

Firstly a few features outlined in red not present on the current model -- the covers atop the track pants at least are more consistently present on TES Challengers than whatever that thing in front of the drivers periscope is.

I. The smoke discharger top row has a gap, this is I suppose a somewhat minor point

II. The proportions of the modules may need adjustment, the front two modules are noticeably shorter than currently modelled (IIa).

III. The module there may need to be widened to elevate itself properly beyond the rest of the side skirts -- or the side skirt modules need to be shaved down a bit, or perhaps a bit of both.

I feel somewhat concerned about the possible lack of the RCWS but again I think it's totally understandable if it's not something you want to deal with right now, you certainly have a lot of work ahead still considering the textures and the interior.

The RCWS is being included but needs to be modelled seperately due to poly limits.

Some details need to be ommited due to poly limits also. its unfortunate but concessions need to be made and you need to avoid unrealistic expectations in this regard.

I should explain that dimensions are formed by placing a background image (i.e like a side on and a front on image) behind the model and them modelling to these EXACT sizes. So while some dimensions may appear off due to the camera FOV in the arma engine I am confident that my dimensions are accurate.

Also time constraints limit some things to either later development or simply not being included.

Bottom line is that some things will be ommited or simply modified to suit the needs of the game (or even just personal taste) but thats the way it is i'm afraid.

also there is CONSIDERABLE variantion in dimensions of different modules on different tanks. here you go

http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Challenger-2-TES.jpg (139 kB)

http://www.militarymodelling.com/sites/1/images/member_albums/42905/cr2c.jpg (105 kB)

look at the ERA on the turret in both images. look at the side ERA difference between the image you posted and these... I think its best we avoid getting bogged down in details like these

---------- Post added at 04:16 ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 ----------

Can you stand a unit infront of the chally... looks a little small on the video... (i'm thinking of the pic with my mate standing infront of it... they're bloody huge!)

SJ

Image to give an idea of scale

arma3_2014_09_01_05_11_09_266.jpg

and another

arma3_2014_09_01_05_11_28_226.jpg

The remodelled dorchester block. again these are placeholder textures and more detail will be added with normal mapping and better diffuse textures

arma3_2014_09_01_05_11_56_311.jpg

Edited by Guest

At the risk of sounding like a huge griper I can't help but say the Dorchester block just doesn't quite feel the same when it doesn't fill up the entire width between the tracks.

But really in the end I think we'd all be happy with whatever you decide on.

I will continue to make adjustments don't worry. We are in the same boat here we all want the best results so i'll do what i can to keep everybody happy (within the limits of arma lol :P) and Again I'm adding alot of extra features to this tank one of which may even be a service menu allowing the choice of Armor module packages etc along with ammunition. Its something i wanted to include in the Abrams (and probably still will when its working along with the 'loader mini game' i am developing :P) so don't worry there's plenty of time and room for change still to come.

Will be making a start on this very soon :p

Well persnally the Challenger 2 seems too small then a real world one.

hmm, I'm thinking a tad small too... Height should be +/- 2.5 Metres to the turret Looks like it's almost there.. Think I need to see it ingame to get a "full appreciation".

Keep up the good work... The idea of a configurable options sounds very cool. / Perhaps you could do Camo / paint options too in the same menu?

SJ

New video. I've reshaped and texextured several parts and the handling is coming along (although still not where i'd like it to be).

sorry about the choppy video my graphics card is dying and I won't have the new one until tommorow lol.

---------- Post added at 08:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 ----------

Also i will be releasing an update to the LCAC pretty soon. there was a mistake on the geometry lod that prevented it from getting into the LPD well dock properly. Will be fixed in the next release.

I knocked up some drawings of the site pictures for DK's original ArmA2 wagon a while ago. They're not the sort of things you can get photos of easily. Drop me PM if you're interested.

I knocked up some drawings of the site pictures for DK's original ArmA2 wagon a while ago. They're not the sort of things you can get photos of easily. Drop me PM if you're interested.

sure this is on the right thread? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Burnes, I think Friznit2 was referring to the gunners and commanders sights on the Challenger.

oh no thanks, steel beasts man.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

early work on adding multi-spectral camo as an option. These textures still needalot of work and the normal mapping isn't pronounced enough in the RVMAT yet but you get the idea :p

arma3_2014_09_02_13_18_46_305.jpg

arma3_2014_09_02_13_19_45_252.jpg

arma3_2014_09_02_13_19_59_951.jpg

arma3_2014_09_02_13_20_47_416.jpg

arma3_2014_09_02_13_21_04_282.jpg

Before anyone starts giving me the finer details of this . Yes i am aware that the whole turret should be covered and yes I am aware that other parts of the tank should also be covered near the front. Chill. this is just a proof of concept work in progress... :p

Shaping up pretty well. As an aside does anyone know why the rear slat armor is dropped down in the middle?

Also the rear sprocket really looks like it's popped out of the tracks haha.

Edited by Probad

WIP on the enforcer.

arma3_2014_09_02_17_12_42_978.jpg

arma3_2014_09_02_17_13_14_311.jpg

My computer is currently in for upgrades and repairs so I won't be making any updates over the weekend but will have plenty to get on with next week along with contributions to other mods I've agreed to do.

Back to work sooner than expected.

I would really love to be able to reproduce this engine sound..

so far the closest i've found in the arma 3 stock vehile sounds is the aaf warrior (although getting that to sound 'right' is proving difficult lol). Should have some interior work done soon too.

Did you ask Lordjarhead ?

A good Friend of me Audiocustoms may also can help you.

started work on the interior. Here is the gunner station so far..

gunner10001.png

gunner20001.png

gunner30001.png

Any chances for realistic looking optics for gunner and commander + working FCS range display?

This thing is nice, something similar would be nice.

probably not. but i will do the correct looking GPS/GPSE reticule for the challenger (big circle little circle) the TOGS and GAS sight too.

more progress on the turret interior. I should be able to post the new version of the LCAC today too with some geometry fixes that enable correct usage with the LPD.

interior10001.jpg

View of the gunner and commander stations

interior_C20001.png

Commanders seat view of the loader station so far

interior_C30001.png

View from above the gun breach of the projectiles on the rack

interior_C40001.png