Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Sorry for the lack of actvity over the weekend guys, Real Life commitments occasionally limit my time but rest assured an update to the abrams with fixes to the geometry and tweaked damage values (untested but hopefully you guys can give me feedback on that) will be available soon with Bikey file.

The LCAC needs to be tested with the latest additions such as deflating but so far seems to be working without any issues (animations dont look great for that at the minute but functionally everytihng is cool) so should have a file up for that soon too.

Edited by Guest

hoping to get the updated Abrams and the LCAC out tonight (With Bikey Files. :p)

Also have added more detail to the Challenger 2. Someone commented that it was looking too 'sleek' and angled and after reviewing more reference material i have to say i agreed so I've been working toward something more realistic looking (like i said in another post the ORIGINAL thing i was gonna do was a 'challenger 3' to fit in with the futuristic arma 3 setting lol but i soon abandoned that idea :p) without any stylistic updates..

chally10001.png

chaly20001.png

chly30001.png

chally40001.png

chally50001.png

chally60001.png

chally70001.png

Edited by Guest

Hi. I have problem from you addon. If i spawn M1A2 in editor and load to map arma send mi this error https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1135x709q90/912/yZzbd4.png. Shooter in tanks doesn't work primary and secondary weapon.When the gunner fires no projectile leaves the gun. This applies to the primary gun and secondary weapon systems. Only thing that happens is the effect of weapons fire bun no damage is dealt and no shells/bullets are fired.Next problem is loader. If is he out site from turret loader hands is wrong on gun and gun is in loader can see on this image: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1680x1050q50/907/uA7IGP.png

Hi. I have problem from you addon. If i spawn M1A2 in editor and load to map arma send mi this error https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1135x709q90/912/yZzbd4.png. Shooter in tanks doesn't work primary and secondary weapon.When the gunner fires no projectile leaves the gun. This applies to the primary gun and secondary weapon systems. Only thing that happens is the effect of weapons fire bun no damage is dealt and no shells/bullets are fired.Next problem is loader. If is he out site from turret loader hands is wrong on gun and gun is in loader can see on this image: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1680x1050q50/907/uA7IGP.png

see the range, it is set to 0. You need to up that to something higher ;)

Ou i cant see :D But now primary and secondary weapon work but errors still here

The model looks great, I hope that eventually we will see BIS-like quality textures to compliment it!

Are the canvas skirts on the side still WIP?

Currently it seems like a mix of the initial Telic Challenger and TES. I think it might be better to just completely convert it to TES with the taller track modules so you can avoid trying to deal with canvas skirts which would only wind up looking unnatural in situations where it would flex (ex. hills and impacts).

Edited by Probad

yeah I'm probably going to do that TBH. I've been playing around with the canvas skirt with various techniques but like you say it just doesnt come off as natural. I Will probably end up modelling the 'megatron' style ERA as that is by far the coolest looking Chally in my opinion ;) The enforcer is missing in these images as I'm still brining it up to whack detail wise and yes this whole thing is still untextured.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

The 0 ranging that has been getting everyone confused has been removed on the new version. The other problems you mention are not priorities for me right now. I hope to have the new version available tonight.

Burnes, thanks for these continued enhanced features. Can we expect extra aural immersion in the future, like turret noises, shell clatter, crew chatter etc?

Megaton is a TES Chally, yeah?

The multispec camo net is really interesting both visually and mechanically and it would definitely be something cool to see in action, but it also seems like quite a bit of effort to get right.

Burnes, thanks for these continued enhanced features. Can we expect extra aural immersion in the future, like turret noises, shell clatter, crew chatter etc?

Yeah the challenger I'm working on is going to go a lot more in the direction of a steel beasts style immersive experience. There will be sound and visual enhancements that should add alot to the expereince and also a control system/crew abilities similar to those in steel beasts (I.e the commander won't be using the enforcer he will have 'other control abilities' ;) and the loader will have a proper interaction system with loading ammo)

there will also be completely custom crew animations.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Burnes if it would be useful I have over 2000 hi res images of armour from Modern Kit to Vintage ?

e.g. Megatron

http://i.imgur.com/2z3mHEC.jpg (994 kB)

Absolutely. any reference images i get always help.

Here is my remodelling of the ERA so far

chally80001.jpg

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Megaton is a TES Chally, yeah?

The multispec camo net is really interesting both visually and mechanically and it would definitely be something cool to see in action, but it also seems like quite a bit of effort to get right.

Yeah if i add it (and i would like to) it will most likely be just a texture with heavy normal mapping to give the 3d effect

Edited by Guest

tankMS0411_468x351.jpg

Compared to shots like this the current model feels somewhat tall, especially the turret.

I'm waiting to see how it looks after some further tweaks, since the TES armor modules are very thick and contribute a lot to the squatness.

800px-Challenger_II_Basra_2008.jpg

This particular module package is substantially taller and thicker still than the one above, it's almost as thick as the modules at the front near the pants.

Edited by Probad

Compared to shots like this the current model feels somewhat tall, especially the turret.

The render perspective often does that. Pretty sure the perspective/ FOV of the render doesnt match reallife cameras.

look at this shot http://postimg.org/image/hqja18609/ - it's not higher then the photos you showed.

Nice work Burnes.

Edited by Fennek

Ok the LCAC Link is up. There are many many areas of this still to be finished so please excuse for example the placeholder texturing/untextured parts, I am working on getting a full set of textures done but among all the other addons I am working on its not my highest priority given that this is functional as is for the moment.

One important thing to be aware of is that (possibly due to vehicle locality in MP being with the driver) when loading vehicles it is best for the driver to hit 'load cargo' or the vehicle may disappear/other unexpected results lol.. I have posted a video on the main page of a basic opeating proceedure for loading and unloading vehicles. I'm sure there are countless bugs or unfinished areas you guys can discover for me..

Oh yeah, the damage system is pretty much non existant atm, It was incredibly vulnerable to even slight impacts so i ramped up the armor values to something crazy for the sake of easy loading/unloading (this really is more of a utility/logistics craft) and the model currently has no hitpoint LOD so don't expect realistic reaction to damage just yet lol :p

The new Abrams Version will hopefully be up tonight too.. Got a bit sidetracked last night with work on another (non arma related) project lol

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

Your LCAC looks amazing! I really cant wait to use this! When you are doing the textures if there is any chance you could include a Japanese Maritime Self Defense force version i would be forever grateful.

http://s27.postimg.org/3ml9dggpf/image025.jpg.

When I get around to making a proper set of textures for this I will add a Japanese variant too :) It won't really be any extra work so I dont see why not

EDIT - V4 of the Abrams are up now. Fixed the collision issues at the rear of the hull and removed the 0 ranging from the DiscreteDistance array. Also lowered the armor values by 30 percent to appease requests for something more balanced with Armas traditional vehicles. both addons have Bikey files included now too

Edited by Guest

If u in mind to add Japan Ver

pls, make it choosable.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

My grandpa KIA in Pearl Harbor as a Crew of the Warship.

and its make me uncomfort with japan flag or japanese army.

Hey, just tried the LCAC and it's a real piece of 3d moddeling art .

But not perfectly scripted yet :

After i load a vehicle ( tried 3 times with different tanks ) when i try to get back on the driver/co pilot seat , i loose control of my commands ( couldn't get out or do anything with the LCAC ) .

Lol I can't even load a truck . Must watch the video I guess.

Do you still have problem with lights inside the tank? It could be great if manage to find a solution.

Update

It's too hard to drive a tank or other vehicle over the ramp. I didn't have any success with that yet.

Still great mod and great potential :)

Edited by Nikiforos

Quite awesome the LCAC, I've been playing with it a bit, and I really enjoy it ( obviously it still lacks some polish here and there, but a really nice addition to the game :) )

BTW I had no issue climbing sudden's M2A2 Bradley, your tank, the M113, etc. It all goes smooth.

Edited by MistyRonin

Do you still have problem with lights inside the tank? It could be great if manage to find a solution.

Update

It's too hard to drive a tank or other vehicle over the ramp. I didn't have any success with that yet.

in my case, Its only can load to deck with back side entering.

try to climb to deck backward

If u in mind to add Japan Ver

pls, make it choosable.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

My grandpa KIA in Pearl Harbor as a Crew of the Warship.

and its make me uncomfort with japan flag or japanese army.

That shouldn;t make you uncomfortable. Sounds a bit racist to me...

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

Hey, just tried the LCAC and it's a real piece of 3d moddeling art .

But not perfectly scripted yet :

After i load a vehicle ( tried 3 times with different tanks ) when i try to get back on the driver/co pilot seat , i loose control of my commands ( couldn't get out or do anything with the LCAC ) .

please WATCH THE VIDEO i posted. You need to re-enable the simulation by hitting 'prep for movement' before you can use anything in the LCAC or in the vehicles loaded.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Update

If you've deflated the air cusion it should be pretty easy to drive vehicles up onto it. watch the video i posted for a full operating instruction on how to use this properly

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

Quite awesome the LCAC, I've been playing with it a bit, and I really enjoy it ( obviously it still lacks some polish here and there, but a really nice addition to the game :) )

BTW I had no issue climbing sudden's M2A2 Bradley, your tank, the M113, etc. It all goes smooth.

Thanks :) yeah cosmetically there is still alot to be done lol

Thanks , working perfect with "prepare for movement" .

Also tried to land on it with some helicopter :p

Went smooth with the ah9/ch49 and some other . ( the rest got their blade broken )

Know i was not meant to do that but landing with the pawnee was really awesome .

Edited by vinceXD

Can you create M2A2 bradley, T-80,BVP-3,BTR-90, please because your vehicle's is unbelievable. Can you primary create T-90 because CSAT and russians don't have good tanks.

Can you create M2A2 bradley, T-80,BVP-3,BTR-90, please because your vehicle's is unbelievable. Can you primary create T-90 because CSAT and russians don't have good tanks.

Read first post.

Great job on the LCAC Burnes I am really enjoying playing around with it in the editor. :) Everything works a treat just like in the video.

I was just wondering if you were planning to release any of the LCACs scripts so we might be able to get it to prep for loading, prep for movement, load and unload cargo via triggers etc in the mission editor. About all i have worked out how to do so far via triggers is raising and lowering the ramps haha! It would be really handy for mission makers then you could have the player as a passenger in a vehicle rather than the LCAC pilot/driver.

Thank you again! :)