Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Question. Will AAV be able to float?

I know there is a problem with making tracked vehicles amphibious in A3 (hope they will fix it) but You said in comment under one of Your YT videos that this AAV is amphibious because You made a script allowing that.

Also You are making many addons so maybe You could make EFV?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expeditionary_Fighting_Vehicle

It has been canceled but it would be great to have fast amphibious vehicle in game. It would fit other amphibious type addons that You are making.

No there will be no EFV . I do not have the time I'm sorry. Please take this as my final answer on that matter. The AAV *is* amphibious but the mechanism through which the Amphibious mode works at present needs A LOT of work as turning at the minute looks awful. Also the AAV is an upgrade project i'm doing on the port by another 15th MEU member so I will need his permission to make that public when finished and that is something we havn't discussed yet. I will keep everybody posted on progress/releases so keep checking here for more updates :)

No there will be no EFV . I do not have the time I'm sorry. Please take this as my final answer on that matter. The AAV *is* amphibious but the mechanism through which the Amphibious mode works at present needs A LOT of work as turning at the minute looks awful. Also the AAV is an upgrade project i'm doing on the port by another 15th MEU member so I will need his permission to make that public when finished and that is something we havn't discussed yet. I will keep everybody posted on progress/releases so keep checking here for more updates :)

Thanks for making that clear.

Hope You will get permission to release AAV. It is just great. :)

Edited by JK88

Id be so happy to see a full-featured LCAC working ingame. If only someone would start working on an MLP my dreams of Sea basing in Arma 3 will be well and truly come true! :D

Well, that certainly explains why it was easier to reverse the tank onto the LCAC's.

Screenshot with the Collision and Popup Problem:

http://i.imgur.com/oRQsT0p.jpg

ah. Ok not seen that before lol, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Oh the proxy pop up (spare roadwheels) I'm aware of but have no idea whats causing it i'm afraid.

Did not mean to shat on anyone, they are good and solid addons and coupled with AGM fit and feel more realistic. So I am sorry if you took offense to my opinion.

Trust me Raid if I want to Shat on you, I would. I like your tanks. These are better. I am glad you worked with them and helped them.

Are You making a port of LAV-25 or creating a new one?

Also will You add more variants like LAV-AD, AT, mortar, supply and repair vehicles?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAV-25#Derivatives

It will be a port but with more on the interiors, top hatches that open like on the AAV (hoping with the firing from vehicles update to add the ability to fire from those positions on the LAV and AAVs, also actually to give turned out tank commanders ability to use binoculars) and extra stowage items/details like backpacks and sandbags etc in appropriate spots like on the abrams to make them look more 'deployed' rather than fresh out of the factory.

If Marauder (Our LAR Detachment) request additional variants i will make them. otherwise not.

It will be a port but with more on the interiors, top hatches that open like on the AAV (hoping with the firing from vehicles update to add the ability to fire from those positions on the LAV and AAVs, also actually to give turned out tank commanders ability to use binoculars) and extra stowage items/details like backpacks and sandbags etc in appropriate spots like on the abrams to make them look more 'deployed' rather than fresh out of the factory.

If Marauder (Our LAR Detachment) request additional variants i will make them. otherwise not.

Thanks for answer. :)

Those additional variants like mortar or supply vehicles shouldn't need much changes to basic model without turret.

LAV-AD would need new turret, but just check this video and see how cool it is. :cool:

Could you enter this project in the MANW contest? This is looking really promising and I would love to see you benefit from your hard work :)

Could you enter this project in the MANW contest? This is looking really promising and I would love to see you benefit from your hard work :)

I doubt it would be eligible, its a port and some of those textures are from all over the place... Now the Challenger 2 on the other hand I could :p

Would feel much more comfortable submitting something entirely of my own creation.

EDIT - The C2 has some features that have not been done before too. Some of the most integral control systems in a tank (like those in steel beasts). Should make for a completely new (to arma) way of manning a tank...

Edited by Guest

I doubt it would be eligible, its a port and some of those textures are from all over the place... Now the Challenger 2 on the other hand I could :p

Would feel much more comfortable submitting something entirely of my own creation.

EDIT - The C2 has some features that have not been done before too. Some of the most integral control systems in a tank (like those in steel beasts). Should make for a completely new (to arma) way of manning a tank...

I would recommend you put your entire planned pack up on the MANW contest, the US, EU and RU equipment would be great for the standalone game as it might encourage the BI devs to make their own interior for their tanks. If you decide on adding this to the MANW contest I would give you my support so don't be afraid to post it up there even if it has ports. By what you have planned so far I would pay for it to be a DLC in the standalone game. You have done great work with your current Abrams tanks so please stick it up there :)

persnally, I think M1A2 TUSK keep crash with main guns firing damege.

It seems 0% of damege keeps apply in dedicated server.

also no effect.

only thing that I can do is keep shooting COAX MG.

well I will test those thing again in night and tell u how result goes.

First off, great mod, can not wait for to use this unit wide.

One bug I found is that I can't get into the loader position from outside the vehicle or any position inside after the tank has been occupied by AI.

Still very much like where this mod is going though and can't wait for the Chally II

aKq3oA0.png

What are these? They look like extra headlights but I've never seen any image of a Challenger with anything that looks similar.

No you are correct they are not part of the Challenger 2. This model was originally going to be a 'Challenger 3' future design to fit with the futuristic theme in default arma 3, but then when i started making stuff for the 15th MEU i decided to do a contemporary Challenger 2. those lights were still on the model when i took this screenshot but they were removed a little while ago now..

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

persnally, I think M1A2 TUSK keep crash with main guns firing damege.

It seems 0% of damege keeps apply in dedicated server.

also no effect.

only thing that I can do is keep shooting COAX MG.

well I will test those thing again in night and tell u how result goes.

let me guess another guy who has manual range set to '0'...

manual range is going to be altered in the next update to remove the 0 setting as clearly some people are getting confused by it.

Is it possible for the loader to actually be a loader in CooP? Like maybe a min-game of some sort where he picks the round, loads...ect. Just thinking from the perspective of a Coop squad with a Multi-Crewed tank, operating as close to real world as possible...would be pretty awesome.

Don't you ever stop making these babies.

Don't you ever stop making 3D Interiors, this is what we tankers need! Love it, keep it comin!

Don't you ever stop making these babies.

Don't you ever stop making 3D Interiors, this is what we tankers need! Love it, keep it comin!

This! So much this! Oh god, I nearly wept from joy when I tried out the Abrams for the first time. My immersion goes through the roof with these tanks. <3

The only question is, why the hell did not BIS include interiors in the first place!

The only question is, why the hell did not BIS include interiors in the first place!
Probably because the powers that be aren't tankers, so when crunch time occurred and release dates demanded that stuff be left on the cutting room floor, no one was left to speak up for armor (except for how to blow it up as infantry)...

OK I solved.

AGM zero key setting keeps cause the problem with firing.

The tank sets default as 0m

Awsome mod mate, just a shame the vehicle AI is worse than operation flashpoints was. very easily get stuck on objects and seem to just run into each other.

Outstanding work! This is the only way to feel situations like a real armor crew.

Steel Beasts Pro finally in Arma!