Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

I've to recognize, after trying this mod, that it opens a new universe inside Arma.

It's really awesome to play from the inside, I can't wait for more of your tanks.

Really really nice work, thank you.

any chance of some ingame footage of the M1 ?

Sounds amazing..

SJ

M1 is available for download (and awesome!) just check the first post :)

so far it is really nice like it.

A+ for the m1a1 mod

tested in stable

some little bugs

1. sand bag p3d

2. texture not found

3. the hatch is not opening

4. LOADER HAS NO AMMO

5. PROXY P3D NOT FOUND

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

hmmm must have forgot to give the loader ammo when i was changing configs for the public version. will get that fixed in a mo and re-upload. the hatch open thing only shows on the interior lod, thats just the way it is and forget about the texture errors they ain't getting fixed any time soon

what do you mean about the sandbag p3d?

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

Re-uploading new file now so download link may not work for the next 10 minutes or so.

added ammo to the loadergun and removed Zasleh proxy reference that was failing to load. (might affect muzzle flash anim a little more than before but is temporary)

EDIT: new file has been uploaded.

Edited by Guest

Ok release link is up on the opening post -

There are some known issues with this version but i figured it would be better to get this out to you guys rather than delay even further.

The interior light is currently unavailable due to a change i've made in the vehicle init somewhere. i will dig around for the mistake and fix it by the next version

there are a few benign errors upon mission start with different variants. mostly texture errors that make no sense as the textures in question are always present.

some muzzle flash animations have problems or are absent, only for the coax and loader gun though.

sound can overplay a bit when turning while stationary, just hit throttle or reverse quickly to cancel out the turn sound

Remember mate i'm always here for your issues lol. Hit me up if you are stuck with something.

@Burnes15th Congrats on the Abrams release!!

I have a small request for the AAV-7A1. Could you add the ability to have two separate get in options for the passenger, for example "ride in back" puts the character in the rear cargo space and "ride on top" puts the character on the top of the vehicle increasing carry space. Both get in options would be separate and wouldn't effect each other so "ride in back" wont go on top etc. There was a cutscene AAV in ArmA 2 that let units ride on top for some reference on riding on top. Also to enter the rear cargo space the ramp would have to be down for it to work. These would be very appreciated if added.

Thanks for the great work, you've made an amazing mod :woot:

is there a special trick to use FCS? The shots don't line with the crosshairs. I also think the armour is overstated, only tried it against several T55's atm but the tank sustained dozens of hits. That can't be right :/

We use AGM FCS. as i say in the readme this greatly improves the accuracy and realism. The shots not lining up with crosshair is an arma problem, it is found in all tanks dependent of range but AGM FCS makes it perfect on the crosshair every time. The FCS i had implemented with the mounted laser designator was phased out and i havnt tested it with armas default locking system but it should still work. if not i can get it working in the next update

The armor values reflect the armor toughness from steel beasts which is about as real as you can get.Reyhards T-55's are modded and in our testing (extensive testing in the 15th MEU) their damage values are not uniform with those in stock arma 3 vehicles and even then they are armed with only a 100mm main gun. try hitting it with a few t-100 rounds you'll see what i mean. Also the hit points are set up to make the back of the tank far more vulnerable than the front. suffice to say these values will not be changed but you are welcome to alter them in the version you use if you feel it nessacery.

---------- Post added at 02:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 ----------

Remember mate i'm always here for your issues lol. Hit me up if you are stuck with something.

hey man yeah appreciate the offer might have to get your input on a few things ;)

---------- Post added at 02:50 ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 ----------

@Burnes15th Congrats on the Abrams release!!

I have a small request for the AAV-7A1. Could you add the ability to have two separate get in options for the passenger, for example "ride in back" puts the character in the rear cargo space and "ride on top" puts the character on the top of the vehicle increasing carry space. Both get in options would be separate and wouldn't effect each other so "ride in back" wont go on top etc. There was a cutscene AAV in ArmA 2 that let units ride on top for some reference on riding on top. Also to enter the rear cargo space the ramp would have to be down for it to work. These would be very appreciated if added.

Thanks for the great work, you've made an amazing mod :woot:

I'm making the ramp animation part of entering the vehicle, so the ramp will open when someone hits get in, i may have it stay open then until manually closed for the sake of realism. also I'm working on allowing people to fire from those top hatches. with Bohemia promising to allow firing from vehicles in a future update this may be easy to implement.

I will look into the idea of having people ride on top but I doubt i could get it cleared my end (15th MEU) so no promises...

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the explanation. Having delved recently into SB Pro PE I did find the armour in Arma to be seriously lacking (even when compared to the ultimate 90s tank sim, M1TP2), so mods like yours are much appreciated.

haha yeah it would be cool if when i've made some russian/chinese tanks to these kind of specs to see tank battles where maintaining a front-toward-enemy stance and proper use of firing positions become more tactically significant. I don't really blame BI for making the armor really weak I imagine it is a balancing issue to stop rambo kids from going overkill on servers but in a realism unit having realistic stats becomes so important (i.e we have 6 month deployments and if we lose a vehicle its GONE lol).

Agreed! So how do I use this FCS thingy? Seems I can't find relevant documentation on AGM. Do I lase using a special key?

Fastedit - I think TAB is it 2uqyw6b.jpg

Edited by Pulstar

yeah its also important that the manual range is set to 100 for agm lasing to be accurate

haha yeah it would be cool if when i've made some russian/chinese tanks to these kind of specs

I'm definitely interested in seeing opfor tanks like the Type 99 and Zulfiqar.

Would you be able to release you M1A1 and M1A2 tanks on Play wit Six, that would be awesome if you could. Also I think a release thread would attract alot more people.

Burnes, could you please list the addons you guys at the 15th are using?

I'm having kind of a disturbing issue when I do use your groundbreaking Abrams along our own pack, see screenshot below. Since we are using a shitload of addons, knowing what actually works first will help us feed you back with a better report.

http://i.gyazo.com/72b248e354384bffcfae7676fe459666.png (Driver POV)

Burnes, could you please list the addons you guys at the 15th are using?

I'm having kind of a disturbing issue when I do use your groundbreaking Abrams along our own pack, see screenshot below. Since we are using a shitload of addons, knowing what actually works first will help us feed you back with a better report.

http://i.gyazo.com/72b248e354384bffcfae7676fe459666.png (Driver POV)

I too also have this weird glitch, I was running your tank along with Raid's which I think is what is causing this.

Also awesome job with the tank only just got to play around with it, just a quick thing is would you mind passing me the attachTo point for the light for your tanks and I'll add it to the public version UNLESS you intend to include it with the mod.

-EDIT-

ITS @RDS,@RDS_CAF,@RDS_CIV,@CAF_AG. I was running that caused the driver pov thing.

Edited by Lala14

i find myself suffering the driver issue fov issue as well with both vanilla arma and my clans mod-pack , on the bright side man you put out an amazing mod i love how when you fire the man cannon the breach comes back as well as how the loader mans the m240 the hand placement is very realistic also quite looking forward to you aav-7 and the m88 keep up the good work m8

Thank you guys for informing me of this problem. it seems that somehow the wrong driver animation is playing. Not sure how that happened but im sorting it now :)

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

NEW FILE IS BEING UPLOADED NOW. will probably be about 12 minutes

EDIT - Just to clarify this problem was nothing to do with other mods i was a bit lazy in the cfgmoves and didn't create new classnames which seems to cause a kind of 50/50 on whether the correct class ends up in the binarized file. making new classes has fixed the problem as far as i can tell...

Edited by Guest

Thanks, the view is working for me now, but I still get an error popup. Another thing, the armour values are such an enigma. I placed light AT in the editor and gave the M1A1 4 hits on the sides and one in the rear and the thing still chugged like impenetrable clockwork. :p

Is there a bikey for us to download? I can't see it in the files.

Thanks, the view is working for me now, but I still get an error popup. Another thing, the armour values are such an enigma. I placed light AT in the editor and gave the M1A1 4 hits on the sides and one in the rear and the thing still chugged like impenetrable clockwork. :p

Hmm what kind of AT were you firing? in my experience a hit to the rear usually either takes out the engine or makes it orange on the first hit. Side hits are most effective behind the ERA (the ERA offers probably more protection than it should i *may* actually tweak that for you guys in the public version after all :P but like i said already if you really ant to urgently adjust it feel free to modify the config. the hitpoint/damage section is pretty straightforward (well, with even the most basic of programming knowledge i mean).

If popular consensus from you guys tells me the armor is too tough then i will make adjustments to the public version. Again i must stress that this vehicle was set up entirely for our use in Delta Company of the 15th MEU and the damage levels we percieve may be influenced by mods we use. Thorough testing was performed at every stage of this vehicles creation (literally hours spent firing every kind of weapon at it to see how many rounds to damage/destroy each side and component) and we finally settled on the current values...

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Is there a bikey for us to download? I can't see it in the files.

No these is no Bikey at the minute. again flavoured by my realism unit expereince. I never play on anything but the 15th MEU servers/Operations and given the nature of our unit we have no need for Bikeys ect. If its really something you need i will provide one so let me know ;)

No these is no Bikey at the minute. again flavoured by my realism unit expereince. I never play on anything but the 15th MEU servers/Operations and given the nature of our unit we have no need for Bikeys ect. If its really something you need i will provide one so let me know ;)

Yeah it would be really handy if you supplied one.

(..) the damage levels we percieve may be influenced by mods we use.(...)

What mods are you guys using?