Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Arma 3 only really uses RPM, Max Torque, Gear Ratios and maybe some other stuff. My M1 has the PhysX down pact for A3 and Hopefully Burnes has used my specs like I told him too :D

Other than that if you do end up sharing the specs than he would be able to alter efficiently.

-Raid

Yes, thank you Raid. Actually, most of my understanding of physx came from working with your M1 mod.

I have been messing around with different torque and gear ratios on your M1 when I decided to find out what the real values were. Surprisingly, it almost seemed as though the information didn't even exist on the web. The X1100 transmission used on the M1 is a Allison product, and Allison normally provides detailed tech. specs for all of their products. However, I found that they do not provide such information for their two military-only transmissions.

I came across a PDF on dtic.mil a few days ago that answered all my questions though. The document was a User's guide for a new computer based propulsion simulation that was introduced in the late 80's. And, thankfully, M1 Abrams simulation data was included in detail.

To view the report, go to http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/ and in the search bar look up AD-A203264 (the form number). The second result should be the actual PDF. Use the table of contents within the PDF to find the info you need.

Information provided includes, but is not limited to:

Torque vs RPM

Sprocket HP vs Speed

Rolling Resistance

Fuel Consumption vs Speed

Acceleration vs Time

etc.

An interesting thing I found is that the turbine idles at 1000 RPM, but produces peak torque (6033 Nm) at 800 RPM. Maybe because the tank "steps off" in 2nd gear it can make use of torque 200 RPM lower than idle?

Edited by Man0fRen0vati0n

Out of curiosity are you thinking at all of doing an aircraft carrier for jets? To support all your stuff from one boat?

Generally though I'm very impressed everything is looking real nice.

Out of curiosity are you thinking at all of doing an aircraft carrier for jets? To support all your stuff from one boat?

Generally though I'm very impressed everything is looking real nice.

Im doing 2 LPD's - one US one and one EU one to complement the armor deployment package (i.e make it a complete 'ship to shore' solution) but aircraft carriers fall a little outside this scope and given the mammoth undertaking that just making 2 LPDs is going to be i doubt i will have time to commit to an aircraft carrier. A higher priority will be adding similar equipment for russian/other sides although I'd need to do a lot more research before commiting to that as i know very little about russian equipment beyond tanks/small arms.

Dropping in to say I'm very excited about the Challenger 2. It's such a tease to see multiple Challenger projects presented but incomplete.

Keep up the great work!

Edited by Probad

Im doing 2 LPD's - one US one and one EU one to complement the armor deployment package (i.e make it a complete 'ship to shore' solution) but aircraft carriers fall a little outside this scope and given the mammoth undertaking that just making 2 LPDs is going to be i doubt i will have time to commit to an aircraft carrier. A higher priority will be adding similar equipment for russian/other sides although I'd need to do a lot more research before commiting to that as i know very little about russian equipment beyond tanks/small arms.

Russian Navy are purchasing a few Mistral-class LHDs off France (mostly built in Russia). Their hovercraft fleet is rather interesting too - like the Zubr class. But for the most part Russian Naval forces still use old Soviet gear that date back to the cold war times like their destroyers, frigates, helicopters (KA-27s), etc.

Out of curiosity which particular LHD are you modelling for the EU forces?

Another quick update on the LCAC. expect a download available very soon :)

Oh my! Am I the only one that think this cockpit is amazing?

The LCAC is looking really good, will it be able to go on land and move freely like its real life counter part?

awesome keep up the quality work man also will the lcac be launching with countermeasures to stop it being sunk by hostile forces or is that perhaps a future update ?

The textures seem a little bright and could use some more weathering (especially edge treatment, everything seems oddly razor sharp right now), but it's already fairly serviceable.

The textures seem a little bright and could use some more weathering (especially edge treatment, everything seems oddly razor sharp right now), but it's already fairly serviceable.

Yeah thats the main thing atm, having it 'servicable'. There are many texture corners cut to get this ready for use (not to mention no rvmats at all atm). Fixing them is a low low priority for me at the minute so it is what it is for now.

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

The LCAC is looking really good, will it be able to go on land and move freely like its real life counter part?

no. not at present. I'm looking into solutions but short of a total reconfiguration and some gimmicky half-fix it will be water only for the forseeable future

Burnes,

I'm a big fan of the features and ideas that Old's RAM brought into A3. However, many A2 ports suffer from having incomplete or simplified fire geometries. Will your heavy vehicles be different?

Burnes,

I'm a big fan of the features and ideas that Old's RAM brought into A3. However, many A2 ports suffer from having incomplete or simplified fire geometries. Will your heavy vehicles be different?

RAM was tested by us in the 15th and for our needs was not as good as the default Arma system. I have set up the Abrams damage/hitpoint system in a way that satisfies our needs while reflecting the kind of toughness i've experienced in Steel Beasts. I did put a fair amount of time into getting the balance i wanted but this may not be to everybody's tastes. Suffice to say though it has not been simplified or overlooked.

Release version is being uploaded to dropbox now.

RAM was tested by us in the 15th and for our needs was not as good as the default Arma system. I have set up the Abrams damage/hitpoint system in a way that satisfies our needs while reflecting the kind of toughness i've experienced in Steel Beasts. I did put a fair amount of time into getting the balance i wanted but this may not be to everybody's tastes. Suffice to say though it has not been simplified or overlooked.

Release version is being uploaded to dropbox now.

just wanted to thank you for all the hard work youve put into this mod

nice work you guys did there looking good cant wait to play around with this mod

Ok release link is up on the opening post -

There are some known issues with this version but i figured it would be better to get this out to you guys rather than delay even further.

The interior light is currently unavailable due to a change i've made in the vehicle init somewhere. i will dig around for the mistake and fix it by the next version

there are a few benign errors upon mission start with different variants. mostly texture errors that make no sense as the textures in question are always present.

some muzzle flash animations have problems or are absent, only for the coax and loader gun though.

sound can overplay a bit when turning while stationary, just hit throttle or reverse quickly to cancel out the turn sound

Other updates:

LCAC- will be available within a few days.

Challenger 2 - now in game. still lots to do

AMX LeClerc - work has begun

Leopard MBT Revolution - will be in game this week

something else i'm working on too. adding features to a port by WO Aaron we use in the 15th MEU:

Edited by Guest

You sir, are a badass.