Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Video of the LCAC being launched from the LPD-29 we used to use in the 15th MEU.

I have made other improvements to the craft such as speed, sound and the ability to occupy/operate vehicles while they are

loaded onto the LCAC and in motion:

Video of the LCAC being launched from the LPD-29 we used to use in the 15th MEU.

I have made other improvements to the craft such as speed, sound and the ability to occupy/operate vehicles while they are loaded onto the LCAC and in motion:

Impressive video. I really wait forward to try that LCAC :)

The MEUs are one of the most interesting units across the world and by making this, you make them playable realistically. Thank you so much, your work is really appreciated !!

The periscope setup for the driver is actually very similar to how the real periscope looks in general, when you look through it you don't just see a reflection but some of the inside as well.

You might be able to take the turret interior LOD and push it up so that the windows match where the periscopes would be looking, then you could use the View Commander LOD to lower the interior's roof so that the windows would float over it and see the outside but also not wind up effecting the loader and gunner by pushing the roof down onto them and making things clip oddly.

Or you might be able to use alpha tricks to bug out the periscope so that it creates a visual hole where the alpha is...though I don't know if that trick still works well or just shows a big missing world..

Edited by NodUnit

Yeah the positioning of the viewports isnt an issue at all, only the practical ability to use the PIP monitor (you don't actually use it very much in situ though anyway, in testing at our platoon training i found i was mainly using the traditional commander weapon sight view when in combat) as this requires the interior not to rotate along with the turret. Direct viewports would still be physically possible with the positioning of everything but would look terrible due to the outside world not rotating when the turret is rotating. so like i said i will produce two versions, one which has usepip enabled and therefore a non rotating interior, this version will use pip viewports as it does at the minute, and a version with direct viewports but no ability to keep your view fixated on the CDU monitors, this version will have the interior as part of the OtocVez (turret) bone and will therefore rotate whenever the turret moves..

some WIP screenshots of the Challenger 2

chally2_1.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/yi0iznwfz/chally2_1.png

chally_2_2.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/uzoj39vjz/chally_2_2.png

and a Leopard Revolution very early point in modelling

Leopard_Revolution_blend.png

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:08 ----------

Edited by Guest
fixing broken thumbnail links

No i don't think so sorry although I know Raid's Abrams port has an ADF variant. And I'm talking with Raid about providing interior LODs for his mod if he wants them once i've sorted out all the bugs and textures and stuff :)

Some questions that came to mind. I know they're a bit ambitious, but the curiosity is strong with this one!

1. What is the M1A1 loaded with in your mod? Can any of its loadouts be customized like Peral's A-10C? (Sabot rounds, HE, canister, etc. / camo variants / etc.)

2. Will you add a sound of the loader yelling "Up!" when the turret is loaded?

3. How does your M1A1 perform in multiplayer with multiple Abrams tanks? Would it hit the server/mission's performance if there were 4+ Abrams tanks?

4. What is your PIP setting set to in Video Settings? It looked pretty jittery in the recordings.

5. Can parts of the tank be damaged/destroyed? For example, can the turret or treads become disabled from mines or tank fire?

Nothing to say except general encouragement. This looks awesome and seems like it would make tank play much, much more fun. Just the improvements to driver visibility would be a massive change for the better!

Some questions that came to mind. I know they're a bit ambitious, but the curiosity is strong with this one!

1. What is the M1A1 loaded with in your mod? Can any of its loadouts be customized like Peral's A-10C? (Sabot rounds, HE, canister, etc. / camo variants / etc.)

2. Will you add a sound of the loader yelling "Up!" when the turret is loaded?

3. How does your M1A1 perform in multiplayer with multiple Abrams tanks? Would it hit the server/mission's performance if there were 4+ Abrams tanks?

4. What is your PIP setting set to in Video Settings? It looked pretty jittery in the recordings.

5. Can parts of the tank be damaged/destroyed? For example, can the turret or treads become disabled from mines or tank fire?

1. Yes i intend to add a service menu that will allow choice of ammunition loadout and proxy items (stowage items, sandbags, spare parts ect)

2. no

3. There is no performance difference to any other vehicle. PIP has no effect with multiple instances because only those who are currently viewing the internal lod are rendering those PIP rendertargets

4.yes my pip settings (and most graphic settings) are low.

5.Yes

------------------------------------------------------------

A test session we ran on the LCAC to see what areas need the most improvement (functionally, still a lot to do cosmetically). gives a better idea of how this operates at the minute though -

Edited by Guest

Thank you for your answers! Keep up the good work man.

Abrams tanks are now in the final stages of testing, should have a release soon

BI should take a look on this!

3D cockpit for tanks would make the vehicles more individual and less copy-and-pasty.

Great great job!!

Your LCAC looks amazing! I really cant wait to use this! When you are doing the textures if there is any chance you could include a Japanese Maritime Self Defense force version i would be forever grateful.

image025.jpg.

I was a Tank crewman in the 15th MEU for a little over a year and I could only wish for something so realistic back then, that being said, I was also a Tank Crewman in the Army for seven years and can honestly say that besides some of these hardcore realism simulators like steel beasts, this is the best looking and realistic mod. Great job, and keep up the good work.

I will be releasing the Abrams mod (well in its current version) very soon, maybe tommorow.

I will include unbinarized versions of the files too so others can use them for learning purposes/Making new variants.

I don't mind any changes you make to the parts of the mod that came from me, and the Bohemia stuff is covered in licences, obviously there is some aforementioned 3rd party contributions such as Lala14's interior lighting script that you should seek the modmakers permission before altering.

I also don't mind and infact welcome any mods you base on this/lessons learned from this so long as anything based directly on or using work by me is not used in any commercial/financial capacity and is credited appropriately. I learned a lot from the unbinarized files Reyhard released and I would like to release my own mods in this spirit.

I would ask kindly that you let me know of any new versions you make so I can A) tell you how awesome it is and B)play with them myself lol :D (It would be really cool if any of you can fix any of the remaining bugs too *hint hint* :p)

Obviously I do not want or Expect to be contacted for changes to config values/customization as that is pretty trivial stuff but I would really really like to see more tanks with interior LODs (on top of the ones I'm working on i mean lol) :)

Expect an update and download link soon...

---------- Post added at 04:10 ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 ----------

I was a Tank crewman in the 15th MEU for a little over a year and I could only wish for something so realistic back then, that being said, I was also a Tank Crewman in the Army for seven years and can honestly say that besides some of these hardcore realism simulators like steel beasts, this is the best looking and realistic mod. Great job, and keep up the good work.

Thanks man that means a hell of a lot to me coming from a real life tank crewman. Hope you enjoy the mod, will be available soon :)

Edited by Guest

Does this mean that if tweaked, it can be included into others mods with permissions and credit where needed?

Including it in other mods is something else entirely.. That's something I'd need more details on and would need to know the amount of 'tweaking' being done (I would be much happier with this if you are making a new variant altogether or some other drastic alterations, that I would consider a mod *based* on this, rather than just this but tweaked) but in principle if credit is provided were applicable then I would have no problem with most non commercial uses, I like to think I'm pretty reasonable. What kind of mod are we talking about?

Edited by Guest
Added further Clarification of some ambiguous points

Including it in other mods is something else entirely.. That's something I'd need more details on and would need to know the amount of 'tweaking' being done (I would be much happier with this if you are making a new variant altogether or some other drastic alterations) but in principle if credit is provided were applicable then I have no problem with most non commercial uses, I like to think I'm pretty reasonable. What kind of mod are we talking about?

i was just wondering because me and my partner have many troubles with physx (we tried porting and physx kept crashing, so we tried without it, now the tank was weightless) plus i was tempted to make a A3 Era M1A3 abrams

---------- Post added at 04:39 ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 ----------

i was just wondering because me and my partner have many troubles with physx (we tried porting and physx kept crashing, so we tried without it, now the tank was weightless) plus i was tempted to make a A3 Era M1A3 abrams

also you said something that made it sound like that basing parts of mods off your work. if the inclusion thing is a no, atleast me and my partner can see if we can understand physx from your unbinarized files

If you want to make the M1A3 that would be fine by me as that would be a new variant, it would probably tie in well with the futuristic setting of Arma 3 too if you're into that setting. Yeah PhysX was a pain to learn and i was pretty lucky to get some help from Raid (who also has an awesome Abrams Mod) that pointed me in the right direction. When you said including it in another mod i thought you meant like a vehicle pack (I.e like 'US Army Vehicles' or something, this i would be less comfortable with if it was the same or nearly the same as my vehicles). Yeah like i said so long as Credit is given to myself, Bohemia and the authors of other content in the mod (if used) such as Lala14's interior light script then making new variants based on this is fine :)