Sign in to follow this  
SpartanViperz

Please, Please Bring the old NATO forces back! (helmet , Carrier Rigs)

Hey, even though the thing I'm talking about today happened quite a while ago it still annoys me very much! Around when adapt came out the NATO forces helmets and carrier rigs changed the ECH (NATO default helmet) changed to what's now known as the SF helmet and the carrier rig got changed so by default the standard NATO rifleman got changed from some awesome looking dude to some ugly looking unit

Please, please,please Bohemia change this back and I find it very unrealistic with everyone wandering around with different helmets they have the ECH, ECH Light and SF helmet then lots of camos for each one I wish the helmets and carrier rigs went back to how they were in the beta or alpha were there were awesome looking ECH's and greater Carrier Rigs!

Here is a video to some it all up for you that I made in case you don't understand what I'm talking about (video no the best, sorry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7TmdH9shWI

And all the screenshot and stuff that they did for their website and stuff were before this update!

but anyway Thanks!

Well it's based in the near future, when equipment like that would probably be standard. Granted its probably unrealistic to think technology wouldn't advance even more by that time. However I think that's probably why standard units pack advanced gear

Well it's based in the near future, when equipment like that would probably be standard. Granted its probably unrealistic to think technology wouldn't advance even more by that time. However I think that's probably why standard units pack advanced gear

Well with the new NATO forces it looks like they have decreased in technology not packing as much gear and looking to light, I still don't see why they change it!

I agree I don't like the changes that were made, they look a bit odd, however i doubt that they'll change it.

I agree I don't like the changes that were made, they look a bit odd, however i doubt that they'll change it.

yeah that's why I'm annoyed there should be some sort of poll thing to see

I feel relatively sure that by now, BI must have realized one of two things. Either, that the future focus was out of touch with their consumerbase's desires, or that they can get away with spinning any kind of narrative on their releases because vOv "mod it yourself". I'd like to know which.

I feel relatively sure that by now, BI must have realized one of two things. Either, that the future focus was out of touch with their consumerbase's desires, or that they can get away with spinning any kind of narrative on their releases because vOv "mod it yourself". I'd like to know which.

The future focus did kinda make me uneasy at first!

I love it when people say "un-realistic"..its set in the future..no body knows what would be realistic or not.:rolleyes:

I like the differences in the helmets and rigs myself.

I love it when people say "un-realistic"..its set in the future..no body knows what would be realistic or not.:rolleyes:

I'm just saying I prefer the old versions of the units the ones like from alpha up to like episode 2 adapt with the SF helmets as the normal ECH

I want the old gear back on the default units, too :(

Could you create a poll? It'd be interesting to see what the community thinks about this.

Isn't the NATO we see on Stratis and Altis supposed to be badly equipped/ a reserve unit? That could explain the equipment differences and the dialogue about the Hunters being ancient scrap metal. But I usually play AAF/CSAT so I don't have a big opinion.

Still whenever I do play NATO, I prefer the SF helmets. I kinda dig the one with the hex pattern all over it. Blends well with CSAT uniforms so if I want to look a bit less future-y I can just use it instead of the Protector helmet.

Edited by steamtex

The original ECH/special plate carriers that the NATO troops wore made them look more like Rangers (a remnant of their pre-2012 look) instead of regular infantry, so I think that the changes were for the better.

Besides if you don't like them you can just have the mission maker change the unit's init or use VAS to swap to whichever one you like.

Isn't the NATO we see on Stratis and Altis supposed to be badly equipped/ a reserve unit?

They are. Hence why the whole rag tag mix n' match gear look suits them for that purpose.

Not only that, but the reality is, even though in the future, where gear would be advanced to an extent, not every regular soldier is going to get an upgrade. It's just like today, not everyone is running around with the latest in technology enhancement gear. Usually still, ONLY special forces and highly trained units will receive though. Especially NATO wouldn't receive anything other than standard gear. Heck, half the units should have ACR's/MK-18's instead of MX's.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Not only that, but the reality is, even though in the future, where gear would be advanced to an extent, not every regular soldier is going to get an upgrade. It's just like today, not everyone is running around with the latest in technology enhancement gear. Usually still, ONLY special forces and highly trained units will receive though. Especially NATO wouldn't receive anything other than standard gear. Heck, have the units should have ACR's/MK-18's instead of MX's.

I'd be down for that.

I want the old gear back on the default units, too :(

Could you create a poll? It'd be interesting to see what the community thinks about this.

I'm sorry I'm new and don't know how?

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

The original ECH/special plate carriers that the NATO troops wore made them look more like Rangers (a remnant of their pre-2012 look) instead of regular infantry, so I think that the changes were for the better.

Besides if you don't like them you can just have the mission maker change the unit's init or use VAS to swap to whichever one you like.

They are. Hence why the whole rag tag mix n' match gear look suits them for that purpose.

But I don't want to have to script everything in on missions and if I'm playing someone else's mission they wouldn't have scripted it in! and I thought the changes were silly and should of asked the community first!

But I don't want to have to script everything in on missions and if I'm playing someone else's mission they wouldn't have scripted it in!

It's just one simple command that was designed for customisation purposes in mind. Not very hard to use.

Not to mention that there's plenty of missions that have VAS enabled.

and I thought the changes were silly and should of asked the community first!

You and perhaps a few others in here and this thread, but not everyone. And again, how are the changes silly when it makes the NATO troops fit more into the setting?

Exactly...nobody know!

chiaroveggenti-300x203.jpg

That mind that it's unrealistic....until proven otherwise when will be confirm it into 2035 age!

Unrealistic = not realistic...dosent exist...figment of the imagination...not authentic..etc..etc

You answered yourself...bravo!

Edited by j4you

It's just one simple command that was designed for customisation purposes in mind. Not very hard to use.

Not to mention that there's plenty of missions that have VAS enabled.

You and perhaps a few others in here and this thread, but not everyone. And again, how are the changes silly when it makes the NATO troops fit more into the setting?

Well 2 things, A you don't that more people might want this but not go on BI forums and B how does it make the NATO troops more fit the setting?

Well 2 things, A you don't that more people might want this but not go on BI forums and B how does it make the NATO troops more fit the setting?

NATO forces left on Stratis are supposed to be a rag tag collection of soldiers and engineers tasked with dismantling the place. The only exception being an invincible super soldier who asks questions for the purpose of exposition. :D (I joke, I joke.)

A you don't that more people might want this but not go on BI forums

I don't know whether that's true or not. But unless you can prove that everyone hates them you're just basing your own opinion as the majority.

B how does it make the NATO troops more fit the setting?

Guess you don't like following the background story of the game at all eh?

With CSAT political and military influence dominating from the Pacific to the Mediterranean, NATO seeks to consolidate their diminished forces around traditional strongholds. As tensions continue to grow in the east, a US-led joint NATO-AAF peacekeeping force stationed on Stratis - Task Force Aegis - is in the middle of a staged drawdown.

The remaining units - a company of combat units, a helicopter squadron, and support staff under the command of Col. Andrew MacKinnon - are chiefly involved in dismantling military infrastructure and decommissioning vehicles in preparation of their final withdrawal, as the US shifts the focus of its conventional forces to the Pacific theatre.

I don't know whether that's true or not. But unless you can prove that everyone hates them you're just basing your own opinion as the majority.

Guess you don't like following the background story of the game at all eh?

Yes I do but it doesn't make sense I played survive when the old units were in their instead of the new ones so they didn't look like they do now :( and in win NATO command brings in more troops so shouldn't they be different from the ones on stratis?

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

NATO forces left on Stratis are supposed to be a rag tag collection of soldiers and engineers tasked with dismantling the place. The only exception being an invincible super soldier who asks questions for the purpose of exposition. :D (I joke, I joke.)

OK but on win NATO sends more troops in that still look terrible!

Edited by SpartanViper