1. 1. Which unit for a new campaign?

• Bundeswehr Mod
    • Canadian Armed Forces Mod
    • Belgian Units Mod
    • Norwegian Units Mod
    • French Units Mod
    • ADF Uncut Mod
    • Something else

Hello, I'm working on my first campaign. The campaign has 12 missions.

The campaign goes about the invasion of Altis by the Dutch MARSOF and NATO Forces and later the hunt for Hossein Dehgan on Stratis, after he exploded a nuke on Altis.

Day 1

Mission 1: ''Blackout'' July 8 19:20 MARSOF Taskforce 55 The first missions takes place north of Kavala at the power plant. 1 MARSOF squad, 2 USMC Snipers and 1 USMC squad try to take the power plant and create a blackout just before the NATO invasion begins. You get air support from 1 A-164 and 2 AMV-7's making an amphibious landing on a beach close to the power plant.

Mission 2: ''D-Day 2035'' July 8 19:45 MARSOF Taskforce 55 The second mission takes place in Aggelochori, just above Kavala. You help with the attack on Kavala with other NATO and MARSOF troops. When you cleared the town you go to a Rendezvous point.

Mission 3: ''Dambuster'' July 8 21:10 MARSOF Taskforce 55 The third mission takes place at the Xirolimni Dam. You are right in the middel of an attack on the heavily guarded Dam. Epic firefights and a lot of action.

Mission 4: ''Hornets Nest'' July 8 21:55 MARSOF Taskforce 55 The fourth missions takes place south of Alikampos. 4 MARSOF Squads attack an enemy camp. A lot of Close Quarter Combat and nice firefights.

Mission 5: ''Darkness'' July 8 22:20 MARSOF Mountain Leaders The fifth mission takes place south of Syrta. 3 MARSOF squads, 3 NATO squads and a sniper team are trying to capture Syrta. You get support from 1 A-164 and some Fenneks (Striders)

Day 2

Mission 6: ''Death from above'' July 9 00:20 RNLAF 301 Squadron The sixth mission takes place at the main airfield on Altis. NATO forces are attacking the heavily guarded airfield and need air support. You are a helicopter pilot of the Dutch 301 Squadron flying the AH-9 Pawnee. You and 1 other AH-9 are giving that air support.

Mission 7: ''One shot, one kill'' July 9 04:35 MARSOF Mountain Leaders The seventh mission takes place at the northern airstrip. You split with your squad and go to an overwatch point. With your marksmen rifle you cover your squad and the rest of the NATO forces.

Mission 8: ''Eye of the storm'' July 9 06:20 MARSOF Taskforce 55 The eighth missions takes place in Charkia. MARSOF and NATO units are trying to capture Charkia. A lot of Close combat and cool moments.

Mission 9: ''Ghost town'' July 9 10:20 MARSOF Mountain Leaders The nineth mission takes place at the Ghost hotel. 3 Mountain Leader squads are doing a suprise attack on the CSAT FOB. Personally I think this is one of the best missions of the campaign.

Mission 10: ''Wet Work'' July 9 14:05 MARSOF Froggers The tenth missions takes place south of the Molos Airfield. You will dive to the coast, take out the guards and link up with 2 NATO squads to attack the Molos Airfield.

Day 3

Mission 11: ''Revenge'' July 10 09:55 MARSOF Taskforce 55 After the final attack on Altis by the NATO Forces, CSAT General Hossein Dehgan (Minister of defense Iran) exploded a nuke on Altis. You and other survivors escaped to Stratis. You are taking command of the group and go to Agia Marina to take revange on Hossein Dehgan when he meets a AAF Officer.

Mission 12: ''Epilogue'' July 10 18:15 11 Air Manoeuvre Brigade After the assassination of Hossein Dehgan by Taskforce 55, the Dutch Armed Forces launched a attack on Stratis. You have to attack Air Sation 26 and the outpost north of it. Very nice mission

If you have cool idea's for missions, post it in this thread

Dutch MARSOF mod:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168953-Dutch-MARSOF-Units

Mission 1: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...rchtext=MARSOF

Mission 2: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...rchtext=MARSOF

Mission 3: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...rchtext=MARSOF

Mission 4: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...rchtext=MARSOF

Mission 5: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...rchtext=MARSOF

Mission 6: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=283924939&searchtext=MARSOF

Mission 7: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=283924939&searchtext=MARSOF

Mission 8: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=284383007&searchtext=MARSOF

Mission 9: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=284383734&searchtext=MARSOF

Mission 10: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=284384361&searchtext=MARSOF

Mission 11: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295465170

Epilogue: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=303507018&searchtext=MARSOF

Tip: There are NO checkpoints in the mission, but you can to safe it manually

Changelog

V1.21/22-08-14

- Changed small bugs in the epilogue

V1.2/21-08-14

- Added epilogue

V1.1/06-08-14

- Small things added in some missions

- Changed some names of missons

- Updated forum description

- Updated credits

- Working on a epilogue!

V1.0/04-08-14

-First Release

Credits

-Corporal_Lib[bR] for testing

-=KCT=BlackMamba for his great MARSOF mod

-Nanucq for the R3F French Weapons Pack

-The CBA team for Community Base Addons A3

- Bohemia Interactive for the amazing game

All feedback is welcome!

Edited by Stekelenburg

Yay! Another usermade campaign, and associated with Dutch MARSOF mod, outstanding!

Stekelenburg, if you need playtesters, count me in, I´ve been playtesting campaigns for MistyRonin, Panicsferd, Cyper, Indeedpete and Surfer, they all can atest my eagerness and attention to detail and respectful feedback! And I´m a big fan of BlackMamba´s mod too (I´m not afraid of using lotsa mods lol)

cheers!

Sure, could you PM me and explain how to export the campaign to you and Armaholic etc, I only know how to export my missions on steam. The missions aren't very detailted with triggers, modules, etc. Because I don't know how to do everything, but so far the gameplay is pretty nice!

I´ve never exported a Campaign too (only made some SP missions, no big deal...) so I´d advice you to ask this to MistyRonin, he´s quite a friendly guy and will help you out certainly... I´ve tested Cyper campaign playing each mission separetly as normal SP missions, but if your campaign has some kind of persistency, that method would break the linearity... I´m anxious to test it!

cheers!

I will contact him ASAP. The missions I made so for will be published on steam about 3 hours, just for the tests. You will need the Dutch MARSOF mod: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23599 and since the new update R3F French weapon pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20128 and CBA: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

Ok, here goes my feedback:

Blackout - The begging of the mission is a litle rough on the edges - there´s no briefing nor radio protocol (or writen dialog on the side chat) to give some immersion like first orders, go!go! go! etc... it would be nice if a CH-47 just takeoff as the mission begins (as that team has just been deployed by it)...

Loved the CAS and firefight away, that helped a lot with immersion!

Suggestion: could you give the player a medium range optic? (HAMR or ARCO, or FHQ ACOG as R3F weapons have a optional config for compactibility with Alwarren´s accessories) It is a down hill fight, those MARSOF should be equipped with an optic to give them some advantage over CSAT troops!

Strange bug (specific): in one of my retries, I´ve stayed around 3 minutes alone at the top of the hill (mission start location), battling with NSS admin VAS to attach some medium range optic on my HK416, and then the mission suddenly ended sucessfully, don´t know if the fact of me being over there triggered the premature ending...

Mission doesn´t end - it seems there´s a problem with end trigger, I´ve cleaned all the power plant area, then I got a new waypoint 800 meters from there... got there, grid ref 039143, inside a debries of a demolished cottage, and nothing happens, no new orders, nada...

Summary - liked the mission a lot, it was quite dificult, lotta CQB at the end but got pwned from 200 meters on the begining cus didn´t had optics to have the upper hand, but with 8 retries got to the point it should end, but maybe the end trigger was bugged... the mission ended sucessfully prematurely if I stand at initial point; some text or briefing should improve the immersion, loved the CAS support!

That´s it for the first mission, would you like to PM the rest of the feedbacks or post here so more people can contribute?

[Edit] I´ve gone ahead and tried D-Day 2035 mission: again the premature ending bug occurs if I stay more than 3 minutes at the starting location... I´ve missed the IR laser and again a medium range scope (FELIN would be a great add to accessories, would help a lot, just put one at the bag ;) and the massive battle causes major FPS drop, maybe caching the CSAT units farther away would help improving performance?

Had another Premature ending at the center of the assaulted city, this time I´ve pushed forward, actually found a CSAT team leader with ARCO and IR laser to loot but then, when I´m at the center of the city, by the time I got my designated target killed, the mission ends, but there were still lotsa CSAT soldiers left to clear the city...

and Again, a radio protocol or chat txt (and Briefing at map) would add to the immersion... but I´m loving all this

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Updated the first 2 missions and published mission 6 and 7 on steam. Keep a look at the front page, I update everything there

Third Mission - Dambusters - I can only describe with one word: overwhelming! Playing with JSRS and Blastcore it is a helluva firework show, of shock and awe, but as all other massive battle missions, there´s a huge FPS drop, right at the start, but as soon as CSAT get pwned and casualities are inflicted both sides, the frames pille up and the end trigger worked alright! Again, still miss a briefing or radio protocol to announce the begining of the massive battle...

Forth mission - Hornets Nest - I hoped there were F/A-18 E hornets... just kidding, thou I´d love an air to air combat or CAS mission... I love the continuety of your campaign, all mission picks up from where the previous finished, hope to see inventory persistency on the Campaign, so the optic I´ve looted or my magazine pouches are the same from you mission to the other (thou some ammoboxes or vehicles with mags and weapons at the cargo would be an asset at each start!

About this mission: jsut great! a night assault on a CSAT held city, brutal, full of CQB and baddies lurking in the dark! Without so many explosions and vehicles as the previous, this mission played smoothly, keeping my average fps (28-32) but in the end the end trigger failed again... we´ve cleaned the area but no new waypoint nor mission complete message (double checked on MCC for missing csat soldiers, but there were none...) =/

Fifth mission - Operation 86 - Nice, finally changed my loadout and camo, that´s refreshing! And again I really miss at least a briefing, cus I just got lost, what are we doing here? Just pushing CSAT north? Clearing another city? Fought without NV glasses and it was a pleasant experience, as I could gaze better the beauty of those greek cities under the streetlights ;) The end trigger worked alright on this one =)

Enough for today, tomorrow I´ll feedback the 6th and 7th! I´m really enjoying your campaign, it really gives a feeling of a military campaign, following the footsteps of an intervention forces storming Altis!

cheers!

Again thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoy it! Unfortunally I'm going on vacation this day (well, unfortunally... i like it!) so I can't work on the missions. I'm back on the 18th and I hope to release the full campaign around the beginning of August. I will publish the other missions on Steam when I'm back of getting my Write-up (I believe that's called Write-up) on school.

Damn you Stekelenburg, now that I´m enjoying it so much... lol, just kidding! Have your earned vacation, and I´ll wait anxiously for the full campaign... by the way, just played 6th mission - "Death From Above", great CAS mission, but I´ll confess that I cheated: seing so many enemies at the Intl Airport, I´ve spawned the AH-64D (Netherlands have Apaches, right? But it could be the Blackfoot in this case too) and enjoyed the mayhem so much! Then I realised I didn´t had to kill them all (got all tanks, but there were lotsa infantry scattered), just enough so I could land on that nearby base and the end trigger worked as it should!

I´ll play the 7th now, and post if any bug arises! [Edit] Ok, couldn´t resist, played the last released mission - "One Shot, One Kill" a lovely sniper mission, but again, I´d like to suggest the M-107 with FELIN eletronic sight, it really gives the Spec Ops feeling to the mission, and it is sooooo cool to blow sh#t up with explosive rounds lol The end trigger failed again, thou... thats it, I´ve playtested all missions so far, loved it all, now I´ll wait up for the full campaign! {;D

have a nice trip, man!

Cheers!

Published the missions 8 to 10. I hope you enjoy it! I will spawn by every begin of a mission (Except ''Death from Above'' and ''Wet Work'') a crate with optics and by that sniper/marksman mission a weapon crate

Great, that spawn will help a lot =) and I´ll certainly enjoy those 3 new missions on weekend!

Have a nice trip and enjoy your vacations, man!

cheers!

Back from vacation! I'm busy with a new track, so I hope I can release the last 2 missions tommorow

Well, I got a problem. I don't have internet on the computer where I play ArmA 3 on. So the last missions have to wait till the problem is solved...

Oh crap... couldn´t you upload them by mobile? Just kidding, we can wait... hope you can manage to fix your internet prob soon =)

cheers!

Internet is fixed, now I have to wait till ArmA 3 has updated. Mission 12 will be online today, not sure about mission 11, I don't like that mission very much....

Mission 12 is ready to release, but everytime I try I get an error message. So I will try again tommorow.

I'm back again from a vacation, this time I went 1 week on a boat. I hadn't enough time to upload the 12th mission, so that will be probably tommorow. Sorry for all the time it takes, but I'm very busy last weeks.

Version 1.0 is released now!

Do you mean you have a proper campaign file or v 1.0 cus all missions (the whole campaign) are available as singlemissions on steamworkshop?