Sign in to follow this  
MarcusCunningham

US Army A3

i prefer the M88, however if a unit spawns with two pairs of goggles then it would look weird.

i prefer the M88, however if a unit spawns with two pairs of goggles then it would look weird.

Yeah I can change that type of helmet. Alright I think I might go with the M88 then. I'll wait and see what other people say.

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

I might actually go with both of them, like Squad and fire team leaders have the ACH and normal units have M88. Add some variety.

Me too, because it makes it different, and more realistic ( as it looks more like the real ACH ), everyone else is already using the A3 ACH.

I know where your coming from but with all of the recent combat from the middle east, the most common camo's found there are digital. Therefore the old BDU's and DCU's are from older conflict like Vietnam, so I think the statement saying its more recent in incorrect, but I may be wrong.

So for the time being I m sticking with the digital camos.

Didnt say it was more recent. The BDU dates back to then however the DCU is more recent than that - it was developed after the Desert Shield/Storm to replace the chocolate chips camo. Although retired in the Army, Marines and USAF, Navy and Coast Guard still use them because they're actually good camo's unlike UCP. I read once that the US Army was considering bringing back the BDU to replace ACU's, amongst other contenders. If you really want to go with a modern feel then I think US4CES would be the way to go.

I know where your coming from but with all of the recent combat from the middle east, the most common camo's found there are digital. Therefore the old BDU's and DCU's are from older conflict like Vietnam, so I think the statement saying its more recent in incorrect, but I may be wrong.

So for the time being I m sticking with the digital camos.

I respect your position to stick with whatever you wish, as it is your addon afterall. But I personally feel, with the current camo schemes you are using, that this represents any other faction BUT Army. The point I believe Modder was trying to point out, was not that BDU or DCU would be more recent, but that they are still widely seen used by Special Operations forces, including those of the Army...regardless of how old they are. Granted, this may not be the look you want for infantry-based forces, but if that's the case why not switch over to (the much hated) ACU or Multicam Patterns? Navy AOR or MARPAT camo's are meant for Navy and Marines...not sure why you would want this for Army forces.

If this is just an issue of personal preference, then have at it, as there is no right/wrong choice. But if you are truly wanting to depict Army forces in an accurate way, I don't believe AOR or MARPAT would be anywhere in the uniform selection. Once again, this is only my opinion and don't mean for it to be taken harshly. Also, if you are still having trouble with the vehicle classes in the config, shoot me a message and I'll help you get it sorted.

I respect your position to stick with whatever you wish, as it is your addon afterall. But I personally feel, with the current camo schemes you are using, that this represents any other faction BUT Army. The point I believe Modder was trying to point out, was not that BDU or DCU would be more recent, but that they are still widely seen used by Special Operations forces, including those of the Army...regardless of how old they are. Granted, this may not be the look you want for infantry-based forces, but if that's the case why not switch over to (the much hated) ACU or Multicam Patterns? Navy AOR or MARPAT camo's are meant for Navy and Marines...not sure why you would want this for Army forces.

If this is just an issue of personal preference, then have at it, as there is no right/wrong choice. But if you are truly wanting to depict Army forces in an accurate way, I don't believe AOR or MARPAT would be anywhere in the uniform selection. Once again, this is only my opinion and don't mean for it to be taken harshly. Also, if you are still having trouble with the vehicle classes in the config, shoot me a message and I'll help you get it sorted.

Basically this sums up all I was trying to say.

If its too many camo's to choose from then I'll just stick to Multicam or Scorpion - whichever you believe is better. Realistically the Army's transitioning to Scorpion and it is replacing UCPs.

Basically this sums up all I was trying to say.

If its too many camo's to choose from then I'll just stick to Multicam or Scorpion - whichever you believe is better. Realistically the Army's transitioning to Scorpion and it is replacing UCPs.

Yeah I understand what you both are saying. I have changed the Woodland camo to the new multicam which craig released with the newest update to the US pack which I think looks alot more authentic like you guys where saying.

But I switched to the Marpat Desert camo for the desert variation because I thought it looked like current desert camo.

Same thing with the Digital camo.

This update should be good to go, and should be launched in a couple of hours.

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

Just updated, download found here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108541901/%40US_Army_A3.zip

Changelog:

Version 1.2 Changelog:

-Fixed 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.'. on Pilots

-Changed Desert Camo to Marpat Desert

-Changed Woodland Camo to Multicam 2

-Changed Digital camo to 2nd variant

-Changed Helmets to M88/ACH

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Marcus, thanks for your effort man!

Have you considered adding group templates to the US faction? Some missions use it to generate units.

Hey Marcus, thanks for your effort man!

Have you considered adding group templates to the US faction? Some missions use it to generate units.

I actually included groups with the last update, but for some reason I was getting clashing issues with Alive and CAF Aggressors, so I ended up removing them. I will do more testing with them because I would ultimately like to include them.

---------- Post added at 06:27 ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 ----------

Update for 1.3:

Version 1.3 Changelog:

-Removed NV Goggles from the head, and placed them in their vests (Thought it looked out of place when playing during the day)

-Removed the M16A4 for the Squad and Team Leaders and replaced with M4A1's

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108541901/%40US_Army_A3.zip

Thanks for the headsup about the updated version :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Not sure that CSE built in is the best idea. AGM seems to be a much more complete package and I'm sure people are torn between the two at best. It's easy enough for people to add custom medical supplies (and in the case of AGM, nav tools and detonators and the like). I can understand weapons and stuff. But CSE interaction will make the pack way less friendly to a large audience.

I dunno how CSE handles default medpacks, but AGM is smart enough to turn it into AGM stuff. Seems to me keeping that stuff default so you aren't forcing people to pick CSE or nothing. Nothing against CSE, I just don't think people need to be forced into an addon like that. Especially the seemingly less matured of the available options. You already have a lot of addons that you're asking people to use to make yours work. Why you'd make something like CSE one of them is a bit beyond me. At the least I'd make default variants or something.

I know it's taboo to suggest such a thing around here so don't take it the wrong way! Just a friendly bit of feedback. Good job on the pack otherwise :)

Not sure that CSE built in is the best idea. AGM seems to be a much more complete package and I'm sure people are torn between the two at best. It's easy enough for people to add custom medical supplies (and in the case of AGM, nav tools and detonators and the like). I can understand weapons and stuff. But CSE interaction will make the pack way less friendly to a large audience.

I dunno how CSE handles default medpacks, but AGM is smart enough to turn it into AGM stuff. Seems to me keeping that stuff default so you aren't forcing people to pick CSE or nothing. Nothing against CSE, I just don't think people need to be forced into an addon like that. Especially the seemingly less matured of the available options. You already have a lot of addons that you're asking people to use to make yours work. Why you'd make something like CSE one of them is a bit beyond me. At the least I'd make default variants or something.

I know it's taboo to suggest such a thing around here so don't take it the wrong way! Just a friendly bit of feedback. Good job on the pack otherwise :)

Yeah I understand where you are coming from, but like I have said to many other people wandering the same thing, I have made this mod for my community, at the moment we are using CSE because we feel its more professional and 'well done' compared to AGm. I have nothing against AGM or the AGM team, we just went with CSE instead. Therefore the units have CSE gear.

I will release a version without CSE soon because I have had many requests to remove it, so I will provide an ALT version withiout CSE. Expect that either today or tomorrow, because I understand that you would like to use the mod and don't need the CSE gear in it.

Edited by MarcusCunningham

I will release a version without CSE soon because I have had many requests to remove it, so I will provide an ALT version withiout CSE. Expect that either today or tomorrow, because I understand that you would like to use the mod and don't need the CSE gear in it.

Thank you for considering this, my friends and I use playwith SIx which forces you to download all of the dependencies for addons (which is logical) we however play with AGM and i'm sure CSE would cause an issue. We Really look forward to using this addon.

Thank you for considering this, my friends and I use playwith SIx which forces you to download all of the dependencies for addons (which is logical) we however play with AGM and i'm sure CSE would cause an issue. We Really look forward to using this addon.

Just waiting for a M249 port from A2 by WarLord 554, and once I get that, I will release an update.

Should be within this week.

New Version released.

Download (Dropbox) Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhvtto9grusj573/%40US_Army_A3.zip?dl=0

Download (Dropbox Alternative Version (NO CSE Required) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/2r4lg9av9gzpcb6/%40US_Army_A3_ALT.zip?dl=0

Version 1.5 Changelog:

-Added Non-CSE version (Available in seperate download)

-Added modified Slatts AT-4

-Changed Headgear for Recon Medic

-Changed Headgear for Recon Radio Operator

-Changed Recon Spotter, Sniper Loadouts

-Added Recon Flanker

-Added Fighter Pilot

Still working on the M249 so that will be next update. Stay tuned.

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

Also could someone tell one of the Play with Six guys cause I can't seem to log into my account.

Edited by MarcusCunningham

Updated and new version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@us_army_a3_alt.png

@ Mk;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

New update v1.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@us_army_a3.png

Edited by Sonsalt6