Sign in to follow this  
MarcusCunningham

US Army A3

All good. I actually was planning on using that. lol.

Awesome, well thats good. I should have that update released later today, if all goes well.

Update released. Download here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108541901/%40US_Army_A3.zip

Short Changelog:

V 1.1:

- v1.1

-Changed the Mk12 to SAM-R (Recon Spotter)

-Added Groups

-Added Items in backpacks for all classes with Backpacks

-Added CSE Medical Gear to all units

-Added Medical Bag for all Combat Medics

-Some other minor changes that have very little impact.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
CSE added as requirement :)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Also could you add CSE as a requirement. That would be awesome, thanks.

Yeah I was looking at doing that, so it will probably be the next update. I would expect it in around 2 weeks because I am away for one week next week so I will not be able to work on anything then. So beginning of August of would expect this update.

Yeah I was looking at doing that, so it will probably be the next update. I would expect it in around 2 weeks because I am away for one week next week so I will not be able to work on anything then. So beginning of August of would expect this update.

MTVRs arent used by the Army - only by the Marines and Navy. They use the HEMTTs (already in game) and the FMTVs (replacing M939 trucks).

MTVRs arent used by the Army - only by the Marines and Navy. They use the HEMTTs (already in game) and the FMTVs (replacing M939 trucks).

Alright I'll have a look around and try to find some nice vehicles mods I could use. Shame the HAFM Helis are broken because I would love to add those.

Alright I'll have a look around and try to find some nice vehicles mods I could use. Shame the HAFM Helis are broken because I would love to add those.

You could use M939 trucks alongside the HEMTTs for a lighter-duty truck available here. What ACE had in A2 was great - had M2 MG variants and open tops..

You could use M939 trucks alongside the HEMTTs for a lighter-duty truck available here. What ACE had in A2 was great - had M2 MG variants and open tops..

Yeah expect adding a mod that big woud put alot of people off. I might just stick with the Up armored Humvees at the moment.

Also I've been speaking with Craig and he is about to release an update for his US Pack which will update alot of the camos so expect a large update on my mod within the coming weeks.

---------- Post added at 07:25 ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 ----------

Alright I'm updating the helmet and I am torn between the ACH (retextured by Craig in his US pack) or the ECH Light (In game original helmet). I really like the look of the ECH light, but I know that the ACH is the standard helmet at the moment. Which one should I chose?

[/color]Alright I'm updating the helmet and I am torn between the ACH (retextured by Craig in his US pack) or the ECH Light (In game original helmet). I really like the look of the ECH light, but I know that the ACH is the standard helmet at the moment. Which one should I chose?

Why not both with a randomization script? I personally think ACH's are more suited for standard infantry while ECH for SF.

Craig just released an update for his US pack fixing a ton of texture and they now look really nice, so expect an update from my pack end of next week with all of this new gear.

Is this ALiVE compatible yet with all of the ALiVE groups (with placeholders of course)?

Sorry I am on holidays at the moment.

I havent tried Alive with my groups, but there is no reason why they shouldnt work so give them a shot and let me know if they work.

If they don't then I need to have a play with them.

From what I see, they don't look right. It's best to copy the default Nato forces groups. Ie, infantry, mechanized, ect.

Did you refer to the alive instructions? Thats also why I asked you to add placeholder for all the parts of the groups not already made (Ie in mechanized, put the default nato humvee type vehicle with your units. Ect.)

From what I see, they don't look right. It's best to copy the default Nato forces groups. Ie, infantry, mechanized, ect.

Did you refer to the alive instructions? Thats also why I asked you to add placeholder for all the parts of the groups not already made (Ie in mechanized, put the default nato humvee type vehicle with your units. Ect.)

I did everything that the Alive page said, which is why I am wandering why its not working.

Secondly about the placeholder, I have message alot of people and have still no luck figuring out how to make a vehicle (Car/Truck) class, so when I get back next week I will have a play with it all.

If you don't mind, I'll take a look at editing configuration when I get home today?

If you don't mind, I'll take a look at editing configuration when I get home today?

Yeah go ahead and let me know what you come up with. Thanks the more help the better.

Alright guys, I'm updated the units for the new uniforms and helmets, and I was wandering which helmet should I use.

M88: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/73499800107529511/45B50EAFAF02416988C15F2BE9C83AA7652EB676/

ACH: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/73499800107531075/04DE2D355CD38DCF2D93E0BE77F9751F5CBBBEEE/

I feel the M88 looks nicer, but I think the ACH is the standard helmet at the moment so I am more leaning towards the ACH.

What is everyones thoughts?

---------- Post added at 03:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 ----------

Also I feel that the new Marpat Woodland 2001 is too yellow, and not enough green. What do you guys think would be a good substitute?

Alright guys, I'm updated the units for the new uniforms and helmets, and I was wandering which helmet should I use.

M88: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/73499800107529511/45B50EAFAF02416988C15F2BE9C83AA7652EB676/

ACH: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/73499800107531075/04DE2D355CD38DCF2D93E0BE77F9751F5CBBBEEE/

I feel the M88 looks nicer, but I think the ACH is the standard helmet at the moment so I am more leaning towards the ACH.

What is everyones thoughts?

---------- Post added at 03:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 ----------

Also I feel that the new Marpat Woodland 2001 is too yellow, and not enough green. What do you guys think would be a good substitute?

Cant even tell any major differences by looks so its up to you.

BDUs and DCUs would be the way to go, and I understand that you're representing a modern US Army. I just think all the digital stuff isnt worth it. Take inspiration from one of Craig's screenshot: http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/280mlht_4.jpg (913 kB)

IMO the M88 in your screen looks more like the ACH in real life than the supposed to be ACH.

And the ACH in your screen looks like the M88 in RL :rolleyes:

Edited by MistyRonin

IMO the M88 in your screen looks more like the ACH in real life than the supposed to be ACH.

And the ACH in your screen looks like the M88 in RL :rolleyes:

Thats exactly what I thought, so thats why I am not sure.

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Cant even tell any major differences by looks so its up to you.

BDUs and DCUs would be the way to go, and I understand that you're representing a modern US Army. I just think all the digital stuff isnt worth it. Take inspiration from one of Craig's screenshot: http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/280mlht_4.jpg (913 kB)

I know where your coming from but with all of the recent combat from the middle east, the most common camo's found there are digital. Therefore the old BDU's and DCU's are from older conflict like Vietnam, so I think the statement saying its more recent in incorrect, but I may be wrong.

So for the time being I m sticking with the digital camos.