Sign in to follow this  
MarcusCunningham

US Army A3

I mean, I don't make mods for Arma 3 by any chance, though, I did make a soundmod for Insurgency, and some re-textures for it. I was just simply suggesting the AV units instead. Calm down. These units look great too, but it was just a suggestion.

But why come on here and suggest another mod, don't you feel as though that is disrespectful?

I'm not suggesting another mod, I'm suggesting a change of uniform, it's not disrespectful. You guys need to calm down :)

If someone could try to get in contact with one of the Play with Six admins, because my mod on Play with Six has the wrong rh_m4 pack, so its not working. I have tried messaging them, and posting on forums, but haven't received a response yet. Thanks

Sometimes they took a little bit. You figure out the units in the vehicle issue?

Sometimes they took a little bit. You figure out the units in the vehicle issue?

Havent looked at it yet, but most of the groups are done.

Suggestion - I'd remove the Kevlar Helmet you added and go back to the default MICH/ACH, which is what is currently issued.

We haven't worn those old-school PASGT Helmets in over a decade.

Suggestion - I'd remove the Kevlar Helmet you added and go back to the default MICH/ACH, which is what is currently issued.

We haven't worn those old-school PASGT Helmets in over a decade.

Alright I'll have a look and see how they look because the only real reason why I have used those PASGT helmets is because they have the matching camo with the uniform, but I will see how they look.

Hey Marc, just in case you missed my question a few posts back.

@Marc: Are you looking at porting over some vehicles from A2 and/or crew already-released community ones?

Great units and thanks for the release. I have always been a big fan of Craig's uniforms, so it's a pleasure to see someone incorporate them into an addon.

Yeah I know, also the Desert camo is Navy Arid II, which is a navy camo, but the desert digital camo used by the Marines in the pack just didn't give the right look for me so I went with the Navy Arid which I think looks alot more like the standard desert camo at the moment.

Back to the other camos, I couldn't do anything about the Marine camos because that's just the way they are named in the US pack so unfortunately I cant change that but its not that big of a deal.

I think the Navy camo's look great, but as stated they are Navy, and I feel are a bit out of place for U.S. Army inspired units (especially with the Navy patch on their arm :p). I think a more suiting desert and woodland camo for U.S. Army units would be standard woodland and Tri-Color Desert BDU's, as these can still be commonly seen within the Army's special operations community. Once again, no big deal what-so-ever, love the units either way and figured I would chip in my two-cent.

Hey Marc, just in case you missed my question a few posts back.

I have really no experience porting over anything from A2 so unless I learn how to, I wont be porting anything over.

I do plan on putting my units inside some of the standard vehicles, once I figure out how to do that.

---------- Post added at 02:53 ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 ----------

Great units and thanks for the release. I have always been a big fan of Craig's uniforms, so it's a pleasure to see someone incorporate them into an addon.

I think the Navy camo's look great, but as stated they are Navy, and I feel are a bit out of place for U.S. Army inspired units (especially with the Navy patch on their arm :p). I think a more suiting desert and woodland camo for U.S. Army units would be standard woodland and Tri-Color Desert BDU's, as these can still be commonly seen within the Army's special operations community. Once again, no big deal what-so-ever, love the units either way and figured I would chip in my two-cent.

Yeah its one of my pet peeves for this mod so far, the only problem is that the US Marine uniforms in Craigs pack I feel are too pink, also the Tricolor camo was used in the 1990's, so it did not suit the look I was going for (Primarily Marpat camo). So unless he changes them in the future, I might have to stick with these ones, unless I can figure out how to change the uniforms name, which I dont think would be that hard, but then I would have to ask Craig for his permission.

Edited by MarcusCunningham

Id second this suggestion for BDU's and DCU's instead of Navy AOR's.

I have really no experience porting over anything from A2 so unless I learn how to, I wont be porting anything over.

I do plan on putting my units inside some of the standard vehicles, once I figure out how to do that.

How about some optional configs to crew community-made ones like RichardD's Humvee pack, and perhaps AiA US Army vehicles?

Id second this suggestion for BDU's and DCU's instead of Navy AOR's.

How about some optional configs to crew community-made ones like RichardD's Humvee pack, and perhaps AiA US Army vehicles?

I would like to add some optional configs for community made ones, like the one you suggested, I dont think I will for AiA vehicles because I don't have any of the previous Arma's, and the AiA SA is too large for me to download.

I will have a look at the Humvee pack, but again I need to first figure out how to place units in a vehicle through the config.cpp file. If anyone knows how to do that, any help is appreciated.

I would like to add some optional configs for community made ones, like the one you suggested, I dont think I will for AiA vehicles because I don't have any of the previous Arma's, and the AiA SA is too large for me to download.

I will have a look at the Humvee pack, but again I need to first figure out how to place units in a vehicle through the config.cpp file. If anyone knows how to do that, any help is appreciated.

Awesome mate.

FYI there's All in Arma Standalone Lite on Play with Six that's only about 2-3 gigs. Sacrifices high res textures but should be great for developement purposes.

post from craig which he wanted me to post on here after asking him if he could update the Marpat camos which I will be soon switching too:

"first post on here so go easy with me lads lol, i got your message marcus, u.s pack was my first and biggest and i must admit most of them do look nasty, i have already started updating them not all but only a few at first, i will also add those 2 that you have mentioned marcus, i have already redone the acu camo but i am going to add another version so there will be 2 acu, i will not change any class names so you should be ok only redo camos and add the officer uniform which i have named work uniform and maybe add some more baseball caps

just thought that i would mention these

here is my sp pack lastest update which was yesterday http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=25866&n=last#bottom

uk pack update will be released tonight

great mod mate good luck"

Good stuff. Look forward to future updates mate, specially anticipating groups for quick and easy placement of your units!

Yeah I have posted there before, I will do it again if I cant find anything soon.

Also I have figured out how to add items to the backpacks so that will also be in the next update aswell.

Also looking at adding CSE items (Medical items, Commanding Tablet) once its released tomorrow, what are everyone's thoughts on that?

Yeah I have posted there before, I will do it again if I cant find anything soon.

Also I have figured out how to add items to the backpacks so that will also be in the next update aswell.

Also looking at adding CSE items (Medical items, Commanding Tablet) once its released tomorrow, what are everyone's thoughts on that?

..as optional configs, yeah would be good. Just about do anything you want as long as they're separate optional configs to allow people to configure the mod to their own likings.

..as optional configs, yeah would be good. Just about do anything you want as long as they're separate optional configs to allow people to configure the mod to their own likings.

How do I do optional configs, would I just place another PBO with the whole mod again, just with the different loadouts?

How do I do optional configs, would I just place another PBO with the whole mod again, just with the different loadouts?

Normally the modders ´round here put an "optional" folder inside the addons folder and there it goes the optional .pbos... or you can be "dummy proof" and make a whole new folder like @US_Army_optRHPistols, but ya know, dummies will always be dummies (I had my dummy days too lol)

Take a look at BlackMambas Dutch MARSOF, he does have oprional configs for arming his units with vanilla guns, instead of R3F rifles...

You should make a replacement config for NATO with the help of TheEvanCat, the whole BIS foruns community would be eternally grateful to you...

cheers!

;2727814']Normally the modders ´round here put an "optional" folder inside the addons folder and there it goes the optional .pbos... or you can be "dummy proof" and make a whole new folder like @US_Army_optRHPistols' date=' but ya know, dummies will always be dummies (I had my dummy days too lol)

Take a look at BlackMambas Dutch MARSOF, he does have oprional configs for arming his units with vanilla guns, instead of R3F rifles...

You should make a replacement config for NATO with the help of TheEvanCat, the whole BIS foruns community would be eternally grateful to you...

cheers![/quote']

The problem with this method is that I developed this mod for my community, so we could eliminate out loadout script in our Mission Framework. If I include optional configs which my community must use, then I am going to have to get everyone to transfer the optional PBO to replace the old standard PBO, which makes for alot of work.

---------- Post added at 04:38 ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 ----------

Secondly, if anyone knows how to port Arma 2 vehicles to Arma 3, then please tell me and I might have a play and port over some vehicles to use with this pack. Thanks guys.

Messed around with the multicam today and just about creamed my pants. Still loving em and can't wait on the update

Messed around with the multicam today and just about creamed my pants. Still loving em and can't wait on the update

Awesome, update will be coming soon, I have everything ready. Just talking to craig to see if he is going to release his update soon, because I am going to try and wait till that is released.

The Rh_M4 pack sounds are broken with that last update, so I am hoping Robert can fix them soon.

---------- Post added at 06:35 ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 ----------

Also guys, I am sorry, but I have to make CSE a requirement for my mod because my community has switched to it. Therefore I need all of the medical gear in the loadouts.

I am sorry if this ruins it for people, but this mod was originally for my community, so they come first.