Sign in to follow this  
sabot10.5mm

Player respawn in singleplayer

Put inside description.ext

respawn = BASE;
respawndelay = 10;

I only make small multiplayer templates for MCC building so correct me if Im wrong anyone.

Respawn is allowed only in MP missions, no in SP missions.

You must create description.ext file in your mission. Paste in this lines:

respawn=3;
respawnVehicle=3;
respawndelay=10;
respawnVehicleDelay = 20;
respawnDialog = true;
AIkills=1;

In the editor create one marker with name "respawn_west" or "respawn_east" (if you will be play as WEST units, you will respawn on marker "respawn_west", EAST will be respawned on "respawn_east", guerilla/independent units will be respawned on marker "respawn_guerrila").

Save mission before you want to use this respawn !

EDIT: I find now this thread on ArmAholic forums, so see here: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=20070

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

LUKI;2724903']Respawn is allowed only in MP missions' date='[/b'] no in SP missions.

You must create description.ext file in your mission. Paste in this lines:

respawn=3;
respawnVehicle=3;
respawndelay=10;
respawnVehicleDelay = 20;
respawnDialog = true;
AIkills=1;

In the editor create one marker with name "respawn_west" or "respawn_east" (if you will be play as WEST units, you will respawn on marker "respawn_west", EAST will be respawned on "respawn_east", guerilla/independent units will be respawned on marker "respawn_guerrila").

Save mission before you want to use this respawn !

EDIT: I find now this thread on ArmAholic forums, so see here: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=20070

SO will this work in singleplayer?

Yes., this will work in singleplayer. :)

LUKI;2725774']Yes.' date=' this will work in singleplayer. :)[/quote']

No this will NOT work in singleplayer.

you need to play online your scenario.

... you need to play online your scenario.
Doh!! This is wrong.

All you need to do is start a multiplayer session locally. You don't need to be online.

Then have at least one unit playable, and have the description.ext as flyingpenguin and LUKI says.

Doh!! This is wrong.

All you need to do is start a multiplayer session locally. You don't need to be online.

Then have at least one unit playable, and have the description.ext as flyingpenguin and LUKI says.

Yes thats what i meant,you cant start it from scenario.

The trouble with that is you cannot save that mission correct? So not an ideal option for SP mission design, Also I know Demonized and Twirly both made SP respawns for A2, from memory I think Twirly's one worked out of the box in Arma 3, that's from a very bad memory though.

Hi, I am new here. Since I cannot open a new thread for some reason, I thought this thread was the most relevant one to post my question in.

I am working on a multiplayer Coop scenario where the player(s) start in a group of 8 units, which means that it is a 1-8 player scenario. I have enabled respawn in my scenario.

The problem is that if a playable AI in the group die (a playable unit in the group who isn't controlled by a player), the ai respawn like the players do. I don't want that.

I want the playable units who is controlled by a player to respawn, but not the playable units who is AI controlled.
I hope you guys understand my confusing explanation. (Otherwise ask me in the thread)

A possible solution could be to disable the AI from being "playable" or able to respawn, if it isn't selected by a player after the beginning of the mission?

(I have already tried "removeSwitchableUnit", which doesn't work, the unit still respawns.)