Did we need to define each individual vehicle that's capable of lifting / towing / loading? And, we do this via simple mouse wheel action, right?

I have done this in the config.sqf, and also in the init.sqf but nothing seems to be giving me any options to do anything, no errors that I can see, either. Should I just be leaving all this blank, and by default will it pick up everything? I wouldn't have thought so anyway, and in the tests I've done this hasn't seemed to matter either way. This noob is having issues getting it going, loved it in A2. I don't seem to get any options when I add the creator to an object either, it feels as if simply nothing is being turned on properly. I have:

nul = [this] execVM "R3F_LOG\USER_FUNCT\init_creation_factory.sqf";

in the init line of the object I'm trying to add it to. I have execVM "R3F_LOG\init.sqf"; as the very first command in my mission init.sqf, have even commented out everything else (just a few variables that were set) to no avail. The #include in description.ext is about the 4th one down.

I'm also using dyslexi's paper doll + vas, and a civillian population script but getting nothing indicating that there is a conflict anywhere. I feel like I'm doing something incredibly stupid here, can confirm the R3F_LOG folder from the example mission has been copied over to my mission as well. Any ideas?

**EDIT** I just deleted everything and installed the folders to my mission from scratch again without touching a thing - working now :)

Edited by drunkenjawa

Is the inability to load the AR-2 Darter into a vehicle by design? im just curious as you are able to load it into a vehicle when placed as an empty object, or is this a Arma engine thing?

Will the AI still walk right through placed objects like in A2?
Thanks for the report. It is a bug from the Arma engine. Reported here : http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19588 (you can vote BTW)
**EDIT** I just deleted everything and installed the folders to my mission from scratch again without touching a thing - working now :)
Good :)
Is the inability to load the AR-2 Darter into a vehicle by design? im just curious as you are able to load it into a vehicle when placed as an empty object, or is this a Arma engine thing?
Not sure to understand.

AR-2 Darter can be loaded in a vehicle/container with a cost of 5 load capacity units.

You can't load objects into the AR-2 Darter (load capacity of 0). It's just the default logistics configuration. But it seems realistics as it. Can be changed by mission maker.

AR-2 can be moved manually by the player.

You can see the features associated to each object in the creation factory interface.

I think this is due to the the "live" version of the AR-2 being a unit that counts as a vehicle with AI. The empty unit is an object. The Active usable drone has an AI in it and therefore is not an object that can be loaded.

I think this is due to the the "live" version of the AR-2 being a unit that counts as a vehicle with AI. The empty unit is an object. The Active usable drone has an AI in it and therefore is not an object that can be loaded.
Ok, understood. I confirm you can't load AR-2 Darter if there is an somebody inside. Like you can't load a mortar with somebody in it. The specific case of drone is not take into account in 3.0. Will be fixed in next versions.

Thanks for the report.

Ok, understood. I confirm you can't load AR-2 Darter if there is an somebody inside. Like you can't load a mortar with somebody in it. The specific case of drone is not take into account in 3.0. Will be fixed in next versions.

Thanks for the report.

Ok I understand why now, thank you both.

Looks like i can't tow transport to another transport (ie Quadbike to Ifrit). Bug or not planned at all?

Edited by rlex

Is there any way to save the building constructed?

While being able to save the structures you make would be nice I can't help but feel it was curb peoples creative thinking that come with a fresh start for each building site.

But if saving were added maybe it can be done where you tag the parts that make up the structure you want to save then the factory can have a "Save Tagged" option to make custom buildings.

Looks like i can't tow transport to another transport (ie Quadbike to Ifrit). Bug or not planned at all?
It's just a choice of configuration. Quadbike is not set as towable.

If you think it should be, you can edit the default configuration. Read the documentation to know how to.

Is there any way to save the building constructed?
While being able to save the structures you make would be nice I can't help but feel it was curb peoples creative thinking that come with a fresh start for each building site.

But if saving were added maybe it can be done where you tag the parts that make up the structure you want to save then the factory can have a "Save Tagged" option to make custom buildings.

Not possible in v3.0. But nice idea. It would be used as a kind of 3D-editor.

Hi i signed up to hopefully get the Demo working for me.

Please could somebody tell me where im going wrong?

I have placed the .pbo and folder into

ARMAIII>Missions>R3F_Logistics_3_0_demo.Altis.pbo file

ARMAIII>Missions>R3F_Logistics_3_0_demo.Altis folder

When i load up Arma and go to scenarios, there are 2 Atlis Demos, One loads the other shows

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.0 - demo'.

The one that loads has all the items, vehicles and units but i cant see how to pull up any menus or activation's regarding this script.

Thanks hopefully it is something simple.

Hi i signed up to hopefully get the Demo working for me.

Please could somebody tell me where im going wrong?

I have placed the .pbo and folder into

ARMAIII>Missions>R3F_Logistics_3_0_demo.Altis.pbo file

ARMAIII>Missions>R3F_Logistics_3_0_demo.Altis folder

When i load up Arma and go to scenarios, there are 2 Atlis Demos, One loads the other shows

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.0 - demo'.

The one that loads has all the items, vehicles and units but i cant see how to pull up any menus or activation's regarding this script.

Thanks hopefully it is something simple.

Pbo is just packed version of folder. Remove folder from Missions. As for usage, check readme.

It's just a choice of configuration. Quadbike is not set as towable.

If you think it should be, you can edit the default configuration. Read the documentation to know how to.

Not possible in v3.0. But nice idea. It would be used as a kind of 3D-editor.

Not to take away from the mod that you guys have built as it is so much fun in game. MCC can also be used in conjunction with your mod to be able to save any FOBs or buildings built.

Pbo is just packed version of folder. Remove folder from Missions. As for usage, check readme.

Thanks for the reply, are you saying to even use the demo mission i still have to enter all the scripts?

@dajones delete all files and folders from Logistics. Re-download and unzip it.

Place the PBO file in your arma installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions )

Play the mission as a MP mission ("new" button from the MP lobby list).

Is there any way of changing the values assigned to items in the creation factory?

Is there any way of changing the values assigned to items in the creation factory?
If you are talking of the credits cost to create an object : no. The value is the same of the config (CfgVehicles) property "cost".

It is a good solution because you do not have to specify the cost of each item in a configuration file. And it recognizes automatically addons without editing the logistics configuration.

@dajones delete all files and folders from Logistics. Re-download and unzip it.

Place the PBO file in your arma installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions )

Play the mission as a MP mission ("new" button from the MP lobby list).

@madbull, I have done that but i still dont get anything. if i walk up to a container the only option i get is to open door. is there some sort of tool i need in my inventory or anything?

@dajones are you sure the container you look to is a creation factory (shown by a map marker on the demo mission) ?

On the demo mission, if you aim the ammo crates in front of you when you appear, is there an action "Take the ...." in your mouse wheel menu ?

@dajones What game version are you using ? Are you playing the demo in MP ? SP ? Editor ?

Which addons ado you use ?

Desactivate all addons and try again. Check your RPT log file to see if there are errors.

try to put the R3F_Logistics_3_0_demo.Altis folder here : (not the .pbo version) :

C:\Users\Killjoe\Documents\Arma 3\MPMissions\R3F_Logistics_3_0_demo.Altis and open it in a new LAN session. (or could be C:\Users\Killjoe\Documents\Arma 3OtherProfile\MPMissions\R3F_Logistics_3_0_demo.Altis)

or

C:\Users\Killjoe\Documents\Arma 3\Missions\R3F_Logistics_3_0_demo.Altis and open it with the Editor. (or could be C:\Users\Killjoe\Documents\Arma 3OtherProfile\Missions\R3F_Logistics_3_0_demo.Altis)

Edited by killjoer3f

somehow i can't add factory to transport, doing it like this

_bld1 = "C_Van_01_box_F" createVehicle (_missionpos);

_bld1 = [this, -1, west, "LIGHT"] execVM "R3F_LOG\USER_FUNCT\init_creation_factory.sqf";

But nothing appears on that vehicle :/

Because your code is wrong :)

You should write :

_bld1 = "C_Van_01_box_F" createVehicle (_missionpos);
[_bld1, -1, west, "LIGHT"] execVM "R3F_LOG\USER_FUNCT\init_creation_factory.sqf";