Sign in to follow this  
Sillywabbit

Do you have a monster pc?

Hi guys

I am basically here to ask a request!

I made a video

to show case the horrible frame rates when playing online, more so on TKOTH.

Some players on steam keep posting they get 40-60 fps on a full TKOTH map, but non of them will follow with evidence of this.

I am basically asking someone to make a small video clip showing they are able to run the game on 60 fps on a full TKOTH and what system they use.

(i am contemplating a upgrade, but unsure if to sli my 770 or drop and get 780ti or just get a devils canyon and oc it to the max)

Mate, wrong forum to post

Questions and answers? where can i post my question if not here?

TKOTH=Something (Team?) King of the Hill in this case I think, not Take on Helicopters. It's definitely ARMA III he's talking about.

They are all lieing, anyone able to get over 25 fps there is full of shit.

No matter what rig you run, if its a 5 dollar pc or a 5000 dollar pc, doesnt matter you wont get above 25 fps.

Upgrading won't help either.

http://www.twitch.tv/frl_myke/b/543852298

30+ FPS

Sacrified a few FPS for higher viewdistance (6000m). AMD FX 8350, Radeon HD5870, SSD (don't ask brand), 16 GB Ram.

Only stutters i got was when Zeus spawned something into the game.

Or simply said: while others complain, i enjoy the game. But i admit, as a Moderator i have ofc a completely different version than the average customer (do i have to use sarcasm tags?) which makes 100% use of the 8 cores and uses the complete memory.

But i admit, as a Moderator i have ofc a completely different version than the average customer (do i have to use sarcasm tags?) which makes 100% use of the 8 cores and uses the complete memory.

Everyone can do that with an hidden command line parameter, simply add -EnableHighPerformance :rolleyes:

Myke;2724566']http://www.twitch.tv/frl_myke/b/543852298

30+ FPS

Sacrified a few FPS for higher viewdistance (6000m). AMD FX 8350' date=' Radeon HD5870, SSD (don't ask brand), 16 GB Ram.

Only stutters i got was when Zeus spawned something into the game.

Or simply said: while others complain, i enjoy the game. But i admit, as a Moderator i have ofc a completely different version than the average customer (do i have to use sarcasm tags?) which makes 100% use of the 8 cores and uses the complete memory.[/quote']

You game looked really laggy :( But not much to go on, every time i skipped video your on the map or flying around in a plane or heli =/. Co-op is one thing, Person VS Person is another.

You game looked really laggy :( But not much to go on, every time i skipped video your on the map or flying around in a plane or heli =/. Co-op is one thing, Person VS Person is another.

It's because it was a transmission will be laggy as shit...but because of the internet not the game...depending on situation i have from 50-60 fps

As pointed out, the video is "laggy" / "jumpy" because it is a stream and therefore quality will be compromised. As pointed out on your YouTube video, the main reason why your game is "laggy" is because you are playing a custom multiplayer mission which has been solely designed to deliver fun game play and is not so concerned with performance issues. That being said, performance for that game mode has almost as optimized as possible. The main reason why your GPU is running at a low percentage is because its only only needed at that to render the scene. The CPU also renders some aspects and runs the main simulation for the game. This means that scenes with few objects and lots of AI will mean that you will have a lower framerate than a scene with lots of objects and few AI (this is relatively speaking). This is mainly down to the fact that the CPU (if at stock speed ~ 3.0-3.4) will struggle to simulate large amounts of AI and will lead to a performance decrease, whereas the GPU (NOT involved with simulating AI and running scripts) will not reach full potential as theres not much to render in the scene i.e. there is a bottleneck on the CPU. However a scene with few AI and optimized script but lots of effects will render faster (obviously) but will show more appropriate scaling on the performance of the GPU, as the GPU will be working harder to render the objects and effects.

In summary:

Slow CPU clock speed: slow performance

Lots of custom scripts running: increases CPU load slowing performance

Lost of AI units and groups: increases CPU and GPU load slowing performance

Lots of objects and GPU based effects: Increased GPU and CPU load, slight decrease in performance (dependent of scene detail)

Long view/render distance: Increased CPU load, high performance decrease

Shadows High: GPU and CPU load increases, more so on GPU. Depending on GPU there will be a decrease in performance

If the GPU is not used it will scale back, but you may experience performance issues as a result of:

High volume of AI being simulated

High view/render distance

High Terrain detail

High volume of dynamic lights (not a major concern)

High number of real-world players (this will effect the server FPS which in turn will affect your FPS - not really a fact, but this usually happens) -- ONLINE

User made mission containing many scripts (user made scripts that are not optimized will take up CPU time when executing)

Script errors (e.g. when using a while loop, if the condition is always true and there is no timeout, the script engine will cause high CPU load - each line of a script has a timeout of 3ms I believe)

THESE ARE JUST A FEW

There are many topics (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147533-Low-CPU-utilization-amp-Low-FPS) which you should look at before complaining about performance,

Perhaps its not the game and is a problem based on your setup <-- THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR FIRST THOUGHT!

Hope you find a soluation,

Bull

Another post complaining about MP performance without posting their system specs. Ho hum.

Another post complaining about MP performance without posting their system specs. Ho hum.

Where did you see any complaining? He was only asking the same question I've been wondering about; when you get that much lower fps in MP than in SP, is it roughly the same fps for everyone on that server? In other words, if he were to upgrade his system to a monster, how much better performance he'd get?

Or does it depend on the mission? Does it just run heavy scripts client-side or is the server so bogged down that client performance doesn't matter at all?

Edited by Greenfist

All right, fair enough, perhaps not complaining. He couched his 'question' does anyone have a monster PC, but I think that that's a disingenuous question.

If he wants to know why his SP experience is so different from his MP experience, we need to see his system specs.

But he wasn't asking why his performance is different. :confused:

Let's assume he has a system comparable to mine; i5-3450@3.6GHz, Win 7 x64, 8GB RAM, GTX 660 2GB.

I get about the same difference in a relatively simple SP vs. KOTH.

If I upgrade to some i7 OC'd 4.4GHz and GTX 780, should I expect much better fps in KOTH or MP in general?

Semantics. We both know the thrust of his thread.

He says he's unsure if overclocking his graphics card will help, but as we all know, it's likely his CPU is holding him back and until we know what that is, all we can currently say is "No, upgrading your graphics card probably won't help".

Yes, since the 770 is ok, it's most likely because of an inferior CPU, but how much a better CPU matters? If he upgrades to the i7 4790 like he said, will there be any difference in MP performance?

That's a good question. I'm not familiar with the mission he mentions. I'll do a little research later and see how it plays on my 2600k.

Am I assuming correctly that the client performance is bad either because the mission is running heavy scripts on the client, or the server itself is just completely clogged? So upgrading the client wouldn't matter in the latter?

By the way, KOTH is the quite popular PvP mission King of the Hill.

Either could be true. Usually poor client performance is because of a weak CPU or a bunch of scripts running client side sometimes coupled with bad script coding, or a combination of all 2 (or 3) :).

AI (by which I mean coops) can affect client performance too, though their effect is usually more pronounced on the server. But this mission has no AI, it's a PvP, so this problem is a mystery.

I wonder if the OP could pop back and give us some more info, starting with, of course his client PC specs, but also if other players on the server report problems and how he fares when playing the same mission on other servers.

I7 4770k @3.9Ghz w/ core parking / EVGA GTX780 Dual classified / 8Go / game on SSD samsung 840 pro / win 8.1

launch option: -nosplash -noLogs -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -enableHT -maxMem=8192 -maxVRAM=3072

40 fps in "NATO showcase"

90+ in solo

20 to 40 fps in multi.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx69/MisTyK_/MISTYK/Image%20cloud/ARM3Q_zps2ef9aaef.jpg (179 kB)

PRODIGY M - BLANC

SEAGATE SSHD - 2 TO (8 GO NAND)

SSD SAMSUNG 840 PRO - 256 GO

EVGA GTX 780 Dual Classified

INTEL CORE I7 4770K

ASUS ROG - MAXIMUS VI GENE C2

CORSAIR Vengeance LP white 2 X 4 GO

CORSAIR AX760I

ASUS XONAR STX

BE QUIET DARK ROCK PRO 2

3* 120 mm + 1*140mm Silent wings

STEELSERIES SENSEI

BEYERDYNAMIC MMX-300 FACELIFT

limaya 27" 144Hz 1ms

Edited by MisTyK

To everyone asking, i am looking for a person with high fps in the Team king of hill - sc - by sa-mantra.

I would like to know his system specs and a video to prove his claim so i can upgrade.

I have a 4770k 4ghz - overclocked 770 4gb - 16 gb ram - SSD x2 but i hit 30fps on Team king of the hill while i can break into 100 fps on single player.

basically the game unplayable on the game type i want to play, im used to 60+ fps for meany years on games like planetside 2 and mmo's like aion and archeage.

Ok, so you already have a monsterish pc! Switching to 4790 or similar probably wouldn't help at all.

I tried a full KOTH server yesterday and had +40fps in base and 27fps at the objective, and I have much worse system than you.

So the performance in King of the hill seems mostly limited by the server.

sa-matra wasteland runs between 40 and 60 (capped) fps for me with system in signature, depending on the area im in, can post video or stream if people are interested in proof

Koth has alot going on in a small area --the new 80-100 slot servers add to the pvp mayhem.

The HT guys do a good job restarting servers, but still, when Kalava becomes a heap of rubble, frames will suffer.

View distance & Object detail will boost frames in heavy scenes --cut VD to 500m.; set OD to low.