Sign in to follow this  
Mattaustt

Blender Toolbox and Oxygen Animations

Hello all,

I've recently hit a stump and unsure what might be causing this issue as there so many variables of why it may be occurring, anyway:

I have my whale in blender, fully rigged and animating perfectly, I then use blender Toolbox which is a tool for arma 3. I set up the RTM Range E.G. From 140 to 250 (for a swim animaiton). I then export the RTM.

I import the Whale into oxygen, all seems to be good, all bones are showing (well more like the weight layer than bones as that's how Oxygen works).

I then attempt to go to bulldozer > RTM PREVIEW > SET RTM > I chose the RTM, it loads and I check it out in bulldozer and this is what is happening.

http://i.imgur.com/FqBWX.jpg

I will be watching this thread closely, so will reply promptly if someone has ideas of what I could try.

Cheers, Matt.

Edited by Mattaustt

Hi,

Make shure that your rtm file is loaded int the memorypoint sektion

it could also be a missing model.cfg file.

Another method is not to export the file as a rtm file, instead as a .bvh file.

Ok, I have made the model cfg and defined the bones and the parent bones etc.

I didn't realise about the mem point selection so will give that a go. Do I just create a mem point for each bone or?

Now here's the kicker, which may be the problem, I imported the model as a .BVH and all the bones are compacted together. Will this be the problem?

if you have imported it via .BVH give this a try.

use this tutorial :

from 1:50 min.

also when you've imported the file, click to another animation phase, this will maybe get all the bones sortet

Yeah I'm a dumb head, I probably should of just clicked a diferent keyframe time as you said, and the bones are now visible.

I'll give you an update on and when I get this whale to work. hopefully it's smooth sailing from here : |

P.S. Does this menu exist still? I cannot see it at all in object builder/ or oxygen 2. Would be nice to to the bones move themselves, keyframe after keyframe automatically. http://i.imgur.com/FP9kMok.jpg

Edited by Mattaustt

Yeah I click animations but I only get the smaller box (the one that is smallest on the left side of that picture) which includes Keyframe time and phase. The bigger box doesn't come up.

Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 01:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Here's a video of a new problem that I recorded for you.

I show that the skeleton moves fine in each frame in oxygen, I show the buldozer RTM preview which is stuffing up and I show the model.cfg and the memory point selection.

Here is a pastebin of the model.cfg

http://pastebin.com/LpB5qLN69

And here is the youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQawLqQS2U

Edited by Mattaustt

Nice Work with the animations man:cool:

Maybe reinstall OB. When reinstalled, the Box should appear. I got it for some Reason...

Do you have a pivots file?

// location of pivot points (local axes) for hierarchical animation
	pivotsModel="Samples_F\TemplateRTM\ManSkeleton_Pivots.p3d";

The above line appears in the sample model.cfg and points to a .p3d that contains a bunch of memory points that represent the localaxis/joints for the skeleton model. Maybe you need your own?

Ohh thank you, I did not know this, that makes sense on why there is memory points for the bones now, will do and report back.

I'd like to add to this, I have added a Pivots Model as suggested and I'm still yet to get anywhere, I'll re collaborate on the exact issues tomorrow, I haven't touched the whale for atleast 2 months as I had other models to work on for my mission.